Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

<div align="center">Breeder of AKC Scottish Terriers</div>

Re: POST YOUR LIST OF COMPANIES THAT CLOSE MAY 1ST HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by DcSA
    Just getting ready for Monday. Anyone who can, it would be helpful if we kept a record of ALL the companies that people find SHORT-STAFFED or CLOSED on MAY 1st.

Since we are already hearing of some companies that are allowing their employees off that day to join the Boycott, we can get started NOW making up the list of Companies that CLOSE or are SHORT-STAFFED
    on May 1st.

IT WOULD BE HELPFUL IF YOU COULD GET THEIR ADDRESSES AND OTHER CONTACT INFO AND POST IT, SO WE CAN ALL SEND THEM LETTERS.

These companies will ALL go on the GENERAL BOYCOTT list. And more importantly, we will let them KNOW we are angry and we will let them FEEL THE WRATH of the American People who have made them prosperous in OUR market.

I have heard many say they are going shopping that day to keep the days retail figures unaffected by the illegals who erroneously think they are more important to the economy than Americans are.
    PLEASE BUY ONLY AT THE SHOPS THAT HAVE NO PERSONELL PROBLEMS.
    If you notice there is a shortage of help, if the bathrooms are dirty because the cleaning help is out demonstrating, if the restraurant is full of dirty tables because the busboys are gone, if the kitchen is slow because the cooks are gone, LEAVE A LETTER WITH THEM TELLING THEM WHY THEY HAVE LOST YOUR BUSINESS FOREVER!!

You can have a supply of letters in your car, all ready to fill in the name of the business and leave it with the clerks or, better yet, the managers.
    BE SURE YOU LET THEM KNOW HOW MUCH YOU HAD BEEN PLANNING TO SPEND WITH THEM!!

WE CAN TURN ALL THE MEDIA BROUHAHA BOUGHT BY OUR OPPOSITION'S MANY MILLIONS INTO OUR ADVANTAGE!

CNN's helping us LOL

Businesses hit: Tyson, Perdue, Goya, more ...
    Business shut their doors either to show support or as a consequence of worker shortages on day of nationwide protest.
    May 1, 2006: 3:25 PM EDT

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) - Large and small companies are closed due to nationwide immigration protests.

The nation's largest meat processor Tyson Foods Inc. (Research) said nine of its more than 100 plants had suspended operations May 1 because of a lack of workers.

Immigration reform
    No ditches and dirty plates

Small business owners are sweating over Congress' debates because they fear a future without 'guest workers.' (Full story.)

More stories
    Debate over the jobs Americans 'just won't do'
    Wal-Mart pays $11M over illegal labor
    Notes From the Underground Economy

"We understand the sentiment behind the May 1st events, but we are not encouraging workers to participate in the rally," Tyson spokesman Gary Mickelson told CNN.

The second largest meat processor, Cargill Inc., closed beef and pork plants in Iowa, Kansas, Illinois, Texas, Nebraska and Colorado.

And No. 3 meat processor Swift & Co. closed four out of five beef plants and two out of three pork plants.

Seaboard Corp. (Research) closed its Guymon, Oklahoma, pork plant to allow workers to attend rallies, the company said.

Perdue Farms also closed eight of its 14 processing plants because of an expected lack of workers Monday.

Secaucus, N.J.-based Goya Foods announced that it would suspend deliveries in recognition of the rallies.

Other industries were also impacted. Last week, music store chain Ritmo Latino closed all of its 45 outlets Monday in order to show support.

-----------------
    http://money.cnn.com/2006/05/01/news/ec ... /index.htm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

restraunt closed in Washington

Here in my town just down the street from where my husband was protesting the illegals the mexican restraunt "Las Polomas" was closed with a sign in the window (miss spelled of course) that they were going to the spanish protest in Seattle. I am going to e-mail all my friends to boycott that restraunt.

This isn't going to do any good if we don't have business names and the town where they are located. perhaps we can collect up all the business names in one post and publish them all at once. I understand why people don't want to put their location on a public forum. We need to make a plan.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This isn't going to do any good if we don't have business names and the town where they are located. perhaps we can collect up all the business names in one post and publish them all at once.
    Concerning the local companies, IMHO, it is probably adequate for the local people to share their detailed information with other local people and send letters to the businesses. The important thing is that people DID make note about the businesses in their communities. You may also want to share your information with ICE.

If we as a group focus on the national chains here with contact numbers, perhaps that would have the best results.

I'D LOVE TO HEAR YOUR EXPERIENCES, THOUGH.

RE: My Local Experience - Here where I am staying temporarily, a racially and ethnically diverse area with a heavy concentration of Afro-Americans, I walked all afternoon and only found 4 businesses closed that were not Mexican/Hispanic Businesses anyway. It really seemed pretty much business as usual. 2 West African immigrants (American citizens) who run an insurance business told me they were against the illegal immigration, but criticized heavily the hypocracy of the govt officials who claim to be against it and then hire illegals to do their yard work. (They were talking about our Governor Owens)
    At a Chinese restaurant, I sat next to an immigrant Hispanic couple who were watching the rallies on Big Screen as I was. There were also quite a few Mexican restaurants open.

In the high end shopping area I mentioned yesterday, I noticed many cleaning crews were made up of Hispanics. The BK in the area was fully staffed with its usual Hispanic crew.
    I found a construction worksite with very few workers and went to the trailer of the contractor to ask questions. I noted all the subcontractors' contact info and will follow up.

I also want to mention that when I got on a crowded bus, the only one who got up to offer me a seat was a GENTLEMAN from Juarez, Mexico.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

American Airlines out of O'Hare Chicago

American Airlines out of O'Hare should at least be investigated for hiring illegal aliens.

On 5/1, I flew from Chicago to a medium-sized airport in the northeast. I checked in several hours before the early afternoon flight and expected to see my bag roll off the belt at my destination. Not so. . .many others on this flight had the same problem. When I went to AA Baggage Claim, there were rows of "problem luggage" sitting outside the office. (As opposed to the USAir, Delta, United and Southwest offices, who apparently had no problems.) My bag was shipped to Toronto and today I got it back via airline delivery.

This bothers me though, since I've never had a problem before in all the 25 years I've been going up and back through O'Hare. (One exception: during a labor dispute.) If baggage was disrupted due to the 5/1 illegals and their supporters, then this is a Homeland Security problem.

SilverLee, I don't think that the baggage nightmare has anything to do with the illegal alien nightmare. I think it has to do with general incompetence and it happens more and more frequently in the last ten years.

Thanks Matt Mittan of Talk Radio 570 AM Asheville. He is talking about it now.

Go here to listen
    http://www.wwnc.com/main.html

http://www.mattcave.us/exclus2.htm

Businesses Status During Boycott/Walk-out for Amnesty

Mexican restaurants
    CLOSED
    El Chapala - All Locations
    El Paso - Greenville Highway
    Tomato Cocina Latina - Patton Ave.
    El Janizito - Spartanburg Highway
    Los Volcanas
    El Cocula - Spartanburg Highway

NO ANSWER
    Cancun Restaurant
    La Fiesta - Hendersonville Rd.
    Tequila's - Smoky Park highway
    Mexico Lindo - Biltmore Avenue
    Vera Cruz

Other Businesses
    CLOSED
    Super Compras - Kanuga Street
    Recreational Furniture

If you know of other businesses that participated in the boycott/walkout for amnesty, or were impacted by it, please email matt570@clearchannel.com with the information to add to this list. (Note: We will call to verify each submission.)
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

If you know of other businesses that participated in the boycott/walkout for amnesty, or were impacted by it, please email matt570@clearchannel.com with the information to add to this list. (Note: We will call to verify each submission.)

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast