Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Wish I had some businesses to report but absolutely nothing was closed in my area. And some of the places were doing way more business than normal.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I went to the grocery store around noon, that is when I normally shop. Usually there are tons of mexicans at the deli getting lunch. But I didn't see one the entire time I was in the store! It took longer to shop than normal because I was checking everything to see where it was made, but that is well worth the extra time. I noticed that almost every tyson product was on sale. I am putting groceries away and going back out to shop. My mom works at the local hospital she said the ER was so packed that nobody could get in the door. she doesn't work in the ER so she wasn't sure if it was packed with Americans looking foward to an illegal free ER, or Illegals stealing more taxpayers dollars.

By the way, while I was out, I got my husband 4 pairs of the kind of jeans he likes, two humming bird feeders, and a bunch of snack foods that were on sale-- and a box of band aids. LOL Thrilling, huh? But I wouldn't have bought any of those things if it hadn't been for the fact that the "immigrants" hate this country so much they feel the need to protest against it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

2 Banners for Rumble at the Ranch $147.00
    Special poles to attach flags for Rumble at the Ranch $40.00
    wood to create base for flags for Rumble at the Ranch $20.00
    10' x 10' canopy for Rumble at the Ranch $15.00
    5 gallons of latex interior house paint (natural) $50.00
    2 gallons of latex interior house paint (winter white) $20.00
    100 feet of crown moulding and all the stuff that goes with installing that $Plenty.99
    lunch w/Minuteman buddy $25.00
    aluminum foil $2.00
    tartar sauce $1.50
    flavored water $3.00
    pack of smokes $3.50
    14 gallons of gas $40.00

Knowing I did my part : Priceless

My area was doing fine. The stores were still busy enough. I think here in South Florida the effects will be very little to nothing. The traffic was somewhat better, and that was nice. The Americans did not let anything stop them for a minute.

Overall, it was actually a better day than usual in South Florida.

OK-- I found out something REALLY interesting on the news at 5PM. Seems that today is Mexican LABOR DAY and that they didn't come here for their holiday. Awwww, break my heart! And they didn't shop at Wal Mart or McDonalds in Juarez, either. But that was considered normal because it is a national Mexican holiday.

The bridge traffic was supposedly down 50% or more. Maybe that was why there weren't all those people speaking Spanish in all the stores! I didn't miss them-- in fact, I enjoyed it and I hope they all stay on the other side of the bridge permanently!

They said that downtown businesses, the ones that all cater to Mexicans from Mexico and Mexican-Americans instead of just plain old Americans like me were mostly closed. I didn't miss them, either. I've never gone downtown and even been treated like a customer, much less a paying customer because those people have always been ugly and vicious in their disgust for people who don't speak Spanish. As far as I'm concerned, I've been treated better as a customer in Juarez than in downtown El Paso, TX. Wouldn't bother me if they never opened back up.

The number of reported "protesters" is still only "hundreds" and the crowd didn't look thick at all to me. Last time there were at least five thousand and it looked like an anthill down there!

How convenient for them to stage a protest on their national holiday.

Jerks!

A set of SAE Craftsman Pro series Flexible rachet wrenches
    A Craftsman bench grinder
    A Harris (divison of Lincoln Electric) oxy/acetlene cutting torch
    A hacksaw
    work trousers (made in USA) by Fechheimer polyester/wool blend
    Chippewa boots- logger/fireman black leather w/ steeltoe & shank
    And a Remington 870 tacticle shotgun (can't pick up for 10 days)

Lou Dobbs read an email from a woman asking if we could have this everyday, every week, every month
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Ok, I'm baaaack...lol...what a day!! With the purchase of stuff needed to run the ranch and some furniture and other things I'd put off ( I hate shopping) we spent a pretty penny today....we had lunch out and dinner out...something we almost never do.

It didn't seem that any of the stores were closed or understaffed...the traffic was normal---darn it---I saw nothing unusual. Bet the folks in LA and Chicago and DC could say the same thing.

One restaurant was closed...a Mexican Food place that is owned by a family that immigrated here legally last generation. Boy!! Was he ticked!! He'd had no advance warning that many of his employees were taking the day off...he said he was firing every single one of them. His restaurant would have an almost completely new staff tomorrow...ROFL...That's a VERY busy restuarant as a rule...he was bemoaning the loss of the income for the day...and someone had written in black marker under the word 'closed' on his sign...'you lost customers today'....I'll bet. ( This was a tv interview).

Whew...think I'm going to bed early...pooped...

MJ

Thanks for spending so much money Mustang, all of us have done what we can and there really does not look like they made an impact at all.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast