Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Inquisitor,

An "inquiry" for you. Why are you interested in the Dream Act?

And secondly, to be taken seriously in any debate or discussion, one has to present themselves in such a way as to be taken seriously.

Did you ever hear of punctuation and capitalization?

I see you do know paragraphs though.

Quote Originally Posted by MopheadBlue
    Inquisitor,

An "inquiry" for you. Why are you interested in the Dream Act?

And secondly, to be taken seriously in any debate or discussion, one has to present themselves in such a way as to be taken seriously.

Did you ever hear of punctuation and capitalization?

I see you do know paragraphs though.
    I asked he/she last night to find a spell check so we could understand what they/it is trying to say.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Gives me a headache trying to read what TheIquistor is trying to say. If he/she wants to try and present his/her 'side of the story' then give it a good try. But I cannot imagine being swayed by anyone who supports illegal immigration. We have laws in this land that are not being enforced and that is our frustration. You really think our troll is coming back? This is kind of fun I must admit.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Question About Troll Practice

Just a question about troll practice: I see a lot of the first replies were more personal attacks (about bad grammar, spelling, punctuation, personal insults) than arguing any particular point of discussion. I'm just worried that with all the visitors to this site who might be thinking about joining, this kind of technique might ddrive them off? Or is this the best method for just getting them to go away? I don't know because I don't really use the internet for chat boards usually. Just email, banking and stuff.

Re: Question About Troll Practice

Quote Originally Posted by ForFutureGens
    Just a question about troll practice: I see a lot of the first replies were more personal attacks (about bad grammar, spelling, punctuation, personal insults) than arguing any particular point of discussion. I'm just worried that with all the visitors to this site who might be thinking about joining, this kind of technique might ddrive them off? Or is this the best method for just getting them to go away? I don't know because I don't really use the internet for chat boards usually. Just email, banking and stuff.
    I questioned the person's presentation. If one cannot get their ideas across in a clear concise manner, the point of debate is moot.

Which future generation are you "for?"

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Gives me a headache trying to read what TheIquistor is trying to say. If he/she wants to try and present his/her 'side of the story' then give it a good try. But I cannot imagine being swayed by anyone who supports illegal immigration. We have laws in this land that are not being enforced and that is our frustration. You really think our troll is coming back? This is kind of fun I must admit.
    Gee Jean, I don't know if he/she/it will be back we may have upset said he/she/it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ForFutureGens, what has your country done for the world lately? Forget about grammar and spelling and just tell us about what a winner Atahualpa was.

I moderate a few communities on another board.

Here is how I handle trolls:

-Simple community rule against trolling posted on main page. Warning of trolls being banned stated in rules.
    -If someone appears as a troll, I question them. Depending on their response, I will either ban them or entertain them.
    -If the community members request to allow the troll to stay, I will allow it up to a point where people are being harassed. Then I ban the troll with an explanation to community members that further communication with the troll should be taken outside of the community.
    -Everytime I ban a troll, I post a screen cap of what exactly the troll said to be banned.

Trolls can and will distract an entire community from the purpose of their discussion(s). It is important to not let them get away with too much because other members will eventually lose interest and continue their discussions in a less troll infested environment.

Thanks,

BTM

Inquisitor,
    I would like to ask you if something worth having is worth working for or is it better to just steal it from others. I was taught that when you work for something you tend to appreciate it more, tend to respect it and take care of it. If something is just given to you then that is in deed what it is worth. Exactly what it cost, nothing. So by coming to this country the right way no matter how difficult you would achieve dignity, a since of accomplishment, Pride and a feeling of belonging and being a part of something great. How can that be given, it can’t it must be earned. It must be a goal to be achieved not stolen or begged. So I ask you do you want to be labeled a beggar, a sneak or maybe a thief. I personally would choose to be labeled an achiever, Honest and a hard worker at what ever goal I set. Be an adult and do it the right way.
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by badthingsman
    I moderate a few communities on another board.

Here is how I handle trolls:

-Simple community rule against trolling posted on main page. Warning of trolls being banned stated in rules.
    -If someone appears as a troll, I question them. Depending on their response, I will either ban them or entertain them.
    -If the community members request to allow the troll to stay, I will allow it up to a point where people are being harassed. Then I ban the troll with an explanation to community members that further communication with the troll should be taken outside of the community.
    -Everytime I ban a troll, I post a screen cap of what exactly the troll said to be banned.

What some people define as a troll is merely someone who has a difference of opinion. I have been in one forum where the majority were pro-illegal. If you dared say anything negative about illegal immigration you were considered to be a troll, your posts deleted and then you were kicked off the forum. Myself and others who held the same opinions as mine were never offensive. We just debated and backed up our views with facts.

Freedom of speech should never be squelched as long at it is expressed in an respectful manner.
    Trolls can and will distract an entire community from the purpose of their discussion(s). It is important to not let them get away with too much because other members will eventually lose interest and continue their discussions in a less troll infested environment.

Thanks,

BTM

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast