Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

President Bush's Plan For Comprehensive Immigration Reform

President Bush's Plan For Comprehensive Immigration Reform

http://www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/immigration/

During his State of the Union Address, President Bush Called On Congress To Pass Comprehensive Immigration Reform. The President believes that America can simultaneously be a lawful, economically dynamic, and welcoming society.

We must address the problem of illegal immigration and deliver a system that is secure, productive, orderly, and fair. The President calls on Congress to pass comprehensive immigration reform that will secure our borders, enhance interior and worksite enforcement, create a temporary worker program, resolve – without animosity and without amnesty – the status of illegal immigrants already here, and promote assimilation into our society. All elements of this problem must be addressed together – or none of them will be solved.

The Administration Is Working Closely With State And Local Law Enforcement To Stop Illegal Immigration. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has the resources to train 1,500 State and local law enforcement officers under the 287(g) program in 2006 and 2007.
    DHS will work with its State and local partners to expand these programs, and received $50 million in 2006 supplemental funding for this effort. In addition, DHS is expanding to State and local law enforcement agencies the Criminal Alien Program (CAP) previously in place with the Federal Bureau of Prisons to identify illegal aliens who are incarcerated in Federal, State, and local jails.
    . We Must Hold Employers Accountable For The Workers They Hire
    In A Sharp Break From The Past, The Administration Is Addressing The Illegal Employment Of Undocumented Workers With A Tough Combination Of Criminal Prosecution And Forfeitures.
    Previously, worksite enforcement relied on a combination of administrative hearings and fines. The fines were so modest that some employers treated them as merely a cost of doing business, and employment of undocumented workers continued unabated.
    DHS Has Issued A Proposed "No-Match" Regulation To Assist Employers In Ensuring A Legal Workplace And To Help The Government Identify And Crack Down On Employers Who Knowingly Hire Illegal Workers.
    In cases in which an employer has ten or more employees with inaccurate information, the Social Security Administration (SSA) sends the employer a "No-Match" letter. DHS's proposed "No-Match" regulation clarifies that employers may be held civilly and criminally liable when a letter is sent and employers ignore the discrepancies between SSA databases and the information provided about their employees.

As We Tighten Controls At The Border, We Must Also Address The Needs Of America's Growing Economy.
    The rule of law cannot permit unlawful employment of millions of undocumented workers in the United States. Many American businesses, however, depend on hiring willing foreign workers for jobs that Americans are not doing.

To Provide A Lawful Channel For Employment That Will Benefit Both The United States And Individual Immigrants, The President Has Called For The Creation Of A Temporary Worker Program.
    Such a program will serve the needs of our economy by providing a lawful and fair way to match willing employers with willing foreign workers to fill jobs that Americans have not taken. The program will also serve our law enforcement and national security objectives by taking pressure off the border and freeing our hard-working Border Patrol to focus on terrorists, human traffickers, violent criminals, drug runners, and gangs

The Temporary Worker Program Should Be Grounded In The Following Principles:

American Workers Must Be Given Priority Over Guest Workers. Employers should be allowed to hire guest workers only for jobs that Americans have not taken
    The Program Must Be Truly Temporary. Participation should be for a limited period of time, and the guest workers must return home after their authorized period of stay. Those who fail to return home in accordance with the law should become permanently ineligible for a green card and for citizenship. Participation Should Fluctuate With Market Conditions. When the economy is booming, and there are not enough American workers available to help businesses grow, the program should be open to more participants. But when times are tough and Americans struggle to find jobs, the economy cannot and should not support as many guest workers.

We Must Bring Undocumented Workers Already In The Country Out Of The Shadows Comprehensive Immigration Reform Must Account For The Millions Of Immigrants Already In The Country Illegally.
    Illegal immigration causes serious problems, putting pressure on public schools and hospitals and straining State and local budgets. People who have worked hard, supported their families, avoided crime, led responsible lives, and become a part of American life should be called in out of the shadows and under the rule of American law.
    The President Opposes An Automatic Path To Citizenship Or Any Other Form Of Amnesty.
    Amnesty, as a reward for lawbreaking, would only invite further lawbreaking. Amnesty would also be unfair to those lawful immigrants who have patiently waited their turn for citizenship and to those who are still waiting to enter the country legally

The President Supports A Rational Middle Ground Between A Program Of Mass Deportation And A Program Of Automatic Amnesty. It is neither wise nor realistic to round up and deport millions of illegal immigrants in the United States. But there should be no automatic path to citizenship. The President supports a rational middle ground founded on the following basic tenets:
    No Amnesty.
    Workers who have entered the country illegally and workers who have overstayed their visas must pay a substantial penalty for their illegal conduct.
    In Addition To Paying A Meaningful Penalty, Undocumented Workers Must Learn English, Pay Their Taxes, Pass A Background Check, And Hold A Job For A Number Of Years Before They Will Be Eligible To Be Considered For Legalized Status.
    Any Undocumented Worker Seeking Citizenship Must Go To The "Back Of The Line." The program should not reward illegal conduct by making participants eligible for citizenship ahead of those who have played by the rules and followed the law. Instead, program participants must wait their turn at the back of the line.

This is really a joke on the American people. Amnesty is amnesty no matter what or when it is called. Americans will do and have done any job. The economy is good because of cheap illegal labor and only good for corporations. Again and as usually Bush is trying to make it smell good when we all know it stinks.
    Making them legal will not take pressure off our city and state budgets.They do not care about amnesty if they are allowed to live and work here. That is why they are here. They should be deported one at a time, just as they came and wait in line in their own country. THAT IS FAIR.
    SUPPLY AND DEMAND. Illegals need supplies to live in this country and and business demand for them is needed to increase those supplies.Americans are not eating more or buying more and they are not demanding more.

DRY UP THE SOURCE THAT BRINGS THEM HERE. ANCHOR BABIES AND BUSINESES THAT HIRE THEM ILLEGALLY AND IF THEY GET ACROSS THE BORDER, THEY WILL EVENTUALLY BE GIVEN AMNESTY.

“IF THEY COME BUSINESSES WILL FIND JOBS FOR THEM”

Banned
    The President Supports A Rational Middle Ground Between A Program Of Mass Deportation And A Program Of Automatic Amnesty.

"Automatic amnesty" is allowing those who are already here illegally, those who have jumped in line ahead of millions of others, TO STAY IN THIS COUNTRY! That is the definition of amnesty. It's a pretty simple concept. It doesn't matter how you try to dress it up, how many contingencies you attach to it. Either you go home or you get to stay, and if you are permitted to stay. this is amnesty. Bush, stop trying to re-define words. You've never been very good at this, and it ain't working now.

Bush's plan

If Bush had let the federal government enforce immigration laws the last six years we would not have much of the problem. Instead he had an open door policy and now says that there is a problem. Illegals are not in the shadows as he says. They are on the street corners, using our social security numbers, having children to draw food stamps and other benefits. They are in our hospitals and jails. If Bush would just deporting those in the hospitals and jails we could get many illegals deported.

Bush can bite my butt, I am so fed up with his support for Illegals. I will say this though, Name me one president of America that did anything to stop the illegals ??? Eveyone seems to blame it all on Bush but it takes the whole Congress to do something . Just lke the war, they had to vote yes to take action , Bush can't do anything by himself but use his power of Veto , so lets Blame all our Officials not just Bush !
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

That sort of logic would also mean that since the bank robbers already have the money, let them keep it.

We have nearly a million men and women in law enforcement. If we would get someone to lead them in enforcing the laws instead of not, I'm sure they would make us all proud of them once again.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticSandra
    Bush can bite my butt, I am so fed up with his support for Illegals. I will say this though, Name me one president of America that did anything to stop the illegals ??? Eveyone seems to blame it all on Bush but it takes the whole Congress to do something . Just lke the war, they had to vote yes to take action , Bush can't do anything by himself but use his power of Veto , so lets Blame all our Officials not just Bush !
    Your are right. It is the whole system. The few who want to do someting about it seem to be alone. Our immigration enforcement laws have never been enforced. The answer has alway been to ignore and amnesty.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticSandra
    Let's just blame the Republicans, they controlled Congress and the White house before the war for Halliburton started. The Republicans lied to us, manipulated us, and blew the WMD of Sadam out of proportion. Most Republican voters oppose amnesty, maybe it's your " GOD's " payback and told Bush to push for amnesty to pay those Republican voters back to have relected this idiot. I oppose illegal immigration , I will note endorse people to break the law. But if amnesty comes - it's fine with me. If there's no amnestyat all, it's fine with me too.

1 - illegal immigration must be stopped

2 - the illegals already here can get amnesty or not. I don't care too much about that, they're here already anyway. I have a neutral stance on amnesty, but will oppose new illegals coming into this country.
    mkfarnam, thank you so much for ya help. My laptop & windows are working again as it used to be. Thanks to you !!!

We've come to see that red flags need to be put up whenever he uses the word "MUST". It has the same meaning as the word WILL to him.

President Bush MUST realize and understand that after six years we know his code words, we know all to well that he has many meanings for some words for which the American people have only one meaning of.
    MUST is one of them.

President Bush MUST come to realize that the American people have learned to read between the lines and that we have learned how to de-code his messages of impending amnesty.

He is in hard times and his hard times are going to get harder if he does not come to grips with the fact that the American people will not support his "NO AMNESTY" McCain-Kennedy style, Cornyn-Kyle style, Pence style or Bush style.

He must get the confidence to hold back on signing the Shamnesty Amnesty Plan that the Democrats will most certainly hand to him in the coming weeks.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

God help our country if he signs it. When people realize the scam he has played on us our country we are all going to be demoralized, angry and embarrasst that our president tried to pull the wool over our eyes and succeeded.

Our trust in our elected officials will plummet to zero %.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just wish I knew which mode of operandi would work best with him:

"Talkin Tough" or begging and pleading for his sympathy and understanding.

Please President Bush just once please meet us, the legal citizens of this country on common ground. That common ground would be to believe in the importance of remaining a country based on law and order and that failure to do so will encourage more illegal actions.

If you will support us, we will support you, Mr. President.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast