Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Question about flying our flag upside down

A while back I read that the Canadian Action Party (a group who are also fighting the NAU), will fly their flag upside down as a form of protest and as a warning sign to other citizens, about what is taking place in their country.
    I believe the sight of an upside down flag is an international signal to indicate you are under distress, correct?

As an American, I am very sensitive to how our flag should be displayed and treated. But considering what is at stake here, I think this would be appropriate. We ARE in great distress. Our constitution is being eradicated and we are slowly becoming a police state. The American people no longer have a voice, as is the case with the NAU and illegal immigration. Plus, I think it would be interesting to see how many Americans actually "get" what is going on. Sort of like a secret code among like minded people. And those who ask why our flag is being displayed upside down, will at least be informed about our reasons.

Could you imagine a major march by Americans and the sight of a sea of flags flying upside down. I think it sends a powerful message that "we the people" are mad as hell and signaling that our country needs help! A wake up call to save our freedom and independence.

I was just curious how the rest of you feel about the flag being displayed in this manner. Thanks..

Do not fly my flag up side down. I and most every vet will take it as a personal insult.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There is only one way chloe, to fly our flag, and that is Straight up and Proud!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

i would be afraid the criminal aliens would view it as a victory. they fly our flag upside down to wing a finger at us.

It is a sign of distress if a loyal US unit does it.

It is a sign of insult and no mercy when the enemy does it.

Neils
    3:03 pm
    02/25/2007

ncm

I see both sides of this issue.

Aren't we under seige, aren't we (Americans) a loyal US unit?

When the enemy does it, it's an insult, but would it be an insult if we did it?

I absolutely don't want to offend the citizens I respect most, our military, our vets.

I have 3 brothers who are Army Vets and they say we are in distress, we are under seige by the enemy and not allowed to defend ourselves. Everything they fought for is being destroyed, yet we're not allowed to do anything about it except get a few people to stand on a street corner, send a fax, make a call or send an email.

I've thought many times of flying my flag upside and still might. The only reason I haven't so far is everytime I look at it I want to cry.
    Be careful what you wish for...you just might get it!

A finger points at the moon, the fool stares at the finger.

It is meant to be used by a military unit under siege with no hope. Do not belittle it's meaning. This is saved for those in mortal combat.
    Anyone else who displays the American Flag up side down is a weak, give up type of person.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ncm

I see both sides of this issue.

Aren't we under seige, aren't we (Americans) a loyal US unit?

When the enemy does it, it's an insult, but would it be an insult if we did it?

I absolutely don't want to offend the citizens I respect most, our military, our vets.

I have 3 brothers who are Army Vets and they say we are in distress, we are under seige by the enemy and not allowed to defend ourselves. Everything they fought for is being destroyed, yet we're not allowed to do anything about it except get a few people to stand on a street corner, send a fax, make a call or send an email.

I've thought many times of flying my flag upside and still might. The only reason I haven't so far is everytime I look at it I want to cry.
    The GREATEST triumph for Americans is to maintain proper dignity for our STARS & STRIPES.

The GREATEST triumph for our ENEMIES is to place her in distress.
    I pray everyone takes another look at this.

Charles is correct. She is to only be placed in distress by our Military.

up the enemies arse............I don't give in to fear nor back down.
    My OLE GLORY flies straight & proud

Flying a national flag upside is meant as a Distress signal. And with another contries flag flying above it, is a sign of "Mutiny".
    Check out this link.
    http://flagspot.net/flags/xf-flip.html
    ------------------------

I like that you are trying to think of ideas, but you could not pay me a million dollars to fly our flag upside down. Our flag is everything that we hold near and dear to our hearts, and we can't sacrifice that for anything.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast