Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    Most people don't seem to know that our flag was designed by a group of rebels fighting for their freedom and the birth of a nation where freedom ruled.
    If you have never been in a different country, especially one hostile to Americans you will never know the feeling of coming home and seeing the Stars and Stripes flying.
    I have a flag given to me from a US Marine that he flew in Iraq, I can't tell you how much it means to me.
    I can imagine that it was quite an honor. Quite honestly, it is an honor that you are telling us your story. I am so touched by the stories that I hear, I can only imagine how the people feel that lived it. We are grateful...

Well, sis as long as he takes the dog along at least one of them will know the way home.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlesoakisland
    Well, sis as long as he takes the dog along at least one of them will know the way home.
    Oh man,
    well the old guy looks like me but my dog is a border collie.
    To tell the truth I have been caught out in a couple of white outs in the Rockies and the dog in my avatar lead me me back.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Charles, right on about what the meaning is to us Vets. I will not ever contemplate ever displaying the Flag in any other way but by flying it straight and proud. For me, if I saw someone doing this within our borders, I would consider it the same as burning it. It is at least disrespectful, but at its worst, is disrespectful of those who have gone before us to enjoy the freedoms that we all now enjoy (remember, freedom isn't free, it comes with some costs).

Now, ask me about those in this country fly flags of another country (whether correctly or upside down). They need to take their little happy a$$es back to the country of their choice and stay there.

Enough said...

CHARLES........you have the best, driest sense of humor!
    LMAO

BTW.........did anyone hear about ALL THE MEX FLAGS being flown at the Oscars last night?

AND on some lapels???

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    CHARLES........you have the best, driest sense of humor!
    LMAO

BTW.........did anyone hear about ALL THE MEX FLAGS being flown at the Oscars last night?

AND on some lapels???
    No, what was that about? Were they making a political statement or just supporting a movie made in Mexico?

sis, I don't watch that mess out of Fruitwood so I can't say anything about the Oscars un- American activities. Must have been organized by the ACLU bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlesoakisland
    sis, I don't watch that mess out of Fruitwood so I can't say anything about the Oscars un- American activities. Must have been organized by the ACLU bunch.
    I just heard about it on the radio, Charles.

I don't watch that garbage either. What a major bore

Thank you for all of your responses. I meant no disrespect to the flag or to veterans. It may sound silly, but whenever I see our flag, I don't view it as some sort of inanimate object. To me, it's almost a living entity, with the colors representing the spirits of all those who willingly gave their lives for our country. Nothing makes me tear up so quickly as the sight of our flag or the music of our national anthem. I'm as true red white and blue as they come!

From my perspective, (based on my intent), the flag flying upside down is NOT about surrender or weakness. Please consider the intent before you rush to judge. And it's not a message for the illegals, communist groups or terrorists. It's a message to our own people to open their eyes and take note that our government has sinister plans for it's citizens. That our rights are incrementally being taken away from us. If anything, people would be curious and ask questions as to why it's being flown like that. And I think that's a good thing. It's an opportunity to tell them about the NAU, globalists, the national id card, etc.

This isn't some minor protest over a small issue. This is about the end of our country as we know it! It's a warning signal. A fire alarm. It's Paul Revere riding through town spreading the word of an impending attack. It's forcing Americans to take notice and to participate.

It's also a message to our government that WE THE PEOPLE know what they are up to. That they are destroying our country from within and we will not go quietly. THAT is my intention. If others like the illegal groups misread the intention as a sign of weakness then they will just be deceived. And as an American, I'd rather the other side be deceived than my fellow countrymen. Once again, please consider the intention behind the idea.

I certainly respect those who feel otherwise. I just wanted to articulate in greater detail where I was coming from on this issue. Thanks!

Banned
    Never before was my hart so touched on the issue of our flag, as the day I watch my little boy at a funeral of a man he had never met, he walked up and lay a flag in side the casket and said simply, “Daddy he’s an American” and tomorrow Billy will go home from school with out him.

How could any body ever disrespect that?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast