Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I'm at least a 5th generation American of European descent. Not sure where where in Europe but possibly Germany or Norway (we haven't researched back that far yet).

kneemow:
    I understand what you are trying to do but I don't really think it will matter what we say we are to the pro-illegal/open border people.

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    Some of my nieces and nephews are of hispanic descent
    you ought to come over and hang out with me during a family reunion. my grandmother was of the dark hair, dark eyes spanish variety while her sister was blonde hair blue eyed. we look like a united colors of benetton ad.

Thanks everyone ... this is so awesome to learn.

i'm so tired of pro-illegals claiming this is a race thing when it never was to begin with.

on my papas side we were all are town drunks and horse theives. on my mamas side they owned themselves some nice brothels.
    of course then there was the slave owning side of the family-and we was loyalists who got kicked out of the united states
    then became rum runners

this is reverse racism. only people who can prove the proper ethnic heritage can post here. having to prove that you are not of the english ruling class and are therefore innocent is discrimiation.
    I'am reallly tired of having to apologize to the politcally correct world for not be the right kinds of ethnic.
    this is just playing the race card all over again

only people who can prove the proper ethnic heritage can post here.
    Nobody said that.

Between my parents I’m a Heinz 57 mix of English, French, Irish, Welsh and Dutch with a little Native American on one grandmother’s side. My European ancestors started coming to the USA during the 1600's and were pretty much all here by the end of the 1700's. I guess that made them all legal.

My children’s father is English/German with one grandmother half Cherokee. He inherited black hair - that is, what isn’t covered up with gray - and dark brown eyes and the ability to tan very well. Over the many years I was married to him several people asked him where he was from and asked if he was Mexican or Hawaiian. When my youngest daughter was five years old, she once asked, “Mommy, when my Daddy was little was he a Mexican?” Kids do sometimes say the darndest things.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    I know a lot of Asian women who would literally swat someone if they dared to run down the United States. Those people don't take their citizenship lightly either. I know people who came here from Poland, Italy and Germany who feel exactly the same way.

These days, I believe that the loyalty oath naturalized citizens take to become Americans should be emphasized more and that they should have to do something to prove that loyalty for a considerable period of time in order to obtain citizenship at all. And I don't believe that foreign flags should be allowed at all in public.
    I know undocumented aliens who feel just as strong if not stronger, however not having a connection to the U.S. (through family member, work, or asylum) they had no choice but to come here. Some came here and applied for alien relative, and since its a 10-12 yr wait, they decided it was best to wait in the U.S. rather than their native countries. I am not saying what they did is not wrong, but PERMANENT RESIDENCE and then CITIZENSHIP should be given to loyal people.

Just because a person waits on line for an alien relative petition or an employment petition does not make them loyal, it just means they weren't desperate enough to come here pre-maturely, and not respecting our laws has nothing to do with it because I know plenty of greencard holders and naturalized citizens who are just the most disgusting disloyal leeches. Their papers should go to more deserving people. My dad got fired from his job when they found out his brother (my uncle) left for America, a form of twisted Marxist retaliation, and no I won't get into specifics because last time I did some very arrogant certain Europeans developed superiority complexes. Some Europeans believe they are a tad higher on the pyramid than others, forget about how they feel about non-whites.
    Individualism leads to anarchism. A collective society has more to offer than an isolationist/individualist one.

Daydreamer, I'm not quite sure what you are trying to convey here because the entire post seems to contradict itself. The people I refer to are Naturalized US citizens. I know that some of them sped up the process of their naturalization through help from their congressmen. I was a bit taken aback by that when I discovered that one of the people I know is a Palestinian but apparently it is common practice.

If it takes 10 or 12 years to obtain citizenship, and a person stays in this country for that long "waiting" how would they support themselves? See, I have a problem with that because if those people who are "waiting" are working with false or no papers, then they are breaking the law at the same time they are taking an American job. I don't think that is fair and I don't really care what color or nationality they are.

However, the the person doing the "waiting" is married, legitimately, to an American citizen, then the spouse can contact his/her congressman for assistance. It is common practice. However, if the prospective new American has a criminal record or is from an enemy country like N.Korea or something, the liklihood that they are going to get help diminishes, which is why American citizens should be a little more careful who they marry.

In many cases, it is my understanding that a person who wants to obtain citizenship has got to go home for a period of time at some time during this process. Again, I am not sure of the intricacies of immigration law so I could be wrong in thinking that. I know for a fact that some went home for a certain period of time and came back because they were required to. Since it isn't likely that I would ever seek to bring an outsider into this country, I really haven't studied up on it.

I don't think that permanent residence and citizenship should be just handed to anyone. It isn't fair to the people who WEREN'T handed it and it isn't fair to the American people, either. I totally disagree with the idea of letting thousands of people from other countries seek asylum here. For example, we are fighting for the Iraqi people while thousands of them are sitting in OUR country as refugees granted asylum. Why aren't they fighting for their own country? To me, that is incredibly repulsive!

Obvioulsly I don't make the laws but, if I did, the following proclamation would be issued nationwide tomorrow morning:

Anyone who is in the United States of America illegally has exactly 30 days to get out of this country. Those who do so, may apply for legal status from their own country through the US embassies and consulates there and, if they meet the requirements, their requests will be expedited. Those who don't leave will be sent home when they are found, and a roundup will take place, and those people who stayed illegally will never be allowed back into the USA for any reason whatsoever.

Maybe that sounds cruel and heartless. But if we start picking and choosing who is allowed to break the laws and who isn't, then we are going to have a bigger hornets' nest to contend with. If NOBODY is allowed to break the law, then it isn't discriminatory in any way.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

All I was trying to say is that not ALL permanent residents and naturalized citizens have good intentions. While I agree that being here without authorization is breaking a law, some permanent residents/naturalized U.S. citizens violate more serious laws. I see you are saying that well they broke the law so they shouldn't be allowed to legalize when their visa number is available, but I know some people (a friend from middle school) who have done that (waited for their visa number in the U.S.) and are some of the most patriotic Americans I know. Some of them were even given workers authorization for a period of time but they can only do that for a certain amount of time while their case is pending and then the USCIS eventually refuses to give them any more for whatever reason.

I would be more concerned with uninspected illegals because we do not know WHO they are or WHERE they are. They pose a greater threat in my opinion. For those who have been inspected and fell out of status, they should be examined on a case by case basis. The INS should be targeting people they do not know anything about, not the ones who come to court, show up when summoned by the USCIS, etc. Obviously there is an unwritten norm within the USCIS that says that people who show up when summoned, pay taxes, and stay out of trouble are permitted to remain until they fix their situation. Any USCIS employee would admit that, whether you believe it is fair or unfair is a different issue.
    Individualism leads to anarchism. A collective society has more to offer than an isolationist/individualist one.

Hi..kneemow...My parentage is pretty simple.
    Dad was Blackfoot/Scots
    Mom is Cherokee/Scots-Irish meaning that her people came thru Ireland on thier way to the US.

The Scots part that is traceable finds my ancestors in America as early as 1602.

I'm reasonably sure that I have roots here in this nation.

RR

I also think the Sheriff of Hudspeth County may be related...his surname..West..is also my surname and my family has been in law enforcement since pioneer days...continuously..sheriff's, marshall's (one of my gguncles --a marshall-- and Belle Starr's husband killed each other in a shoot out. One cousin is a mayor of a small west Texas town...another a police chief...also in the western part of the state...we had family in El Paso...so Arvin West just could be related...I'm trying to find out now...

And, No, I don't mind your asking in the least.

Cheers
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast