Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Radio Stations

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by April
    Thanks Dixie, I just thank God I am in a place that is not totally taken over so I can make a difference quicker. I realize that many of the other ALipacers live in places that have a much bigger problem. I do not live in a place that has lots of work opportunities for the illegals. No meat packing near, there is construction though.
    You know April I have always kind of been disgusted by my area in that we have always had a really depressed economy. I mean, it's so bad here that we never really know when the country is in a recession because we are ALWAYS in a recession here. But I now realize that this one curse has kind of also been a blessing to us because there is nothing really major here to attract a large population of illegals. We do have farms and some orchards, but so far they seem to employ mostly locals.

Incredibly, after our city passed an anti-illegal ordinance as a proactive measure after a few people were murdered by an illegal, certain pro-illegal advocates starting bemoaning the fact that we were hampering our area's ability to attract prospective employers. In their view, you can't have a vibrant economy unless you bring in thousands of illegal aliens! Well, after learning everything I've learned, and listening to the horror stories of folks on this forum, I've discovered a newfound appreciation for my depressed and backward area!

My challenge, as you can probably relate to, is to try to make people in my area aware of the issue of illegal immigration and to help them understand what amnesty and guest worker means to them and the future of their children and this country in general. It's hard to do when they don't see it in their faces everyday, but I really believe that is the key to resisting this invasion.

It's not enough to just have the people involved who live in areas which have been overrun because even in those areas there are those who are enabling and supporting the illegals (IMO that's why they ended up in those dire straights to begin with). We have to get every American involved, and it's tough because it seems as though unless an illegal breaks right into their living rooms and stands in front of their tv sets, it's hard to break through the apathy.

They are going to depress the economy in Miami as well. When we had the bogus real estate boom (thanks to investors) there were lots of construction jobs due to all the condos being built. Now its a bust with 70 to 80% empty condos. The homes that investors bought had fixed up by illegals and then flipped can't be sold. Now what little construction jobs are availible are probably going to be kept by illegals and those who had been working for investors or day laborers in construction are out of work. Maybe we'll be lucky and they will leave.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    So far guys/gals, here in the Northwest the only Hispanic stations on radio are on AM, or TV by cable/satellite. The mainstream up here are in English only.

I feel lucky. The last time I was in a store that was playing Latino type music was in Hood River's Walmart. I said out loud to my husband, "how far did you drive anyways? Did we cross the border and not realize it?". To which I got a few glares, and one by an employee, but got a lot more smiles than glares.

I made a new years resolution to say what I was thinking out loud, no holds barred, and I think we all need to do that and stop being so concerned about angering people, they don't seem to be concerned about angering those of us who feel these issues have gotten out of hand.

Here we have this monster minority who believes that if they huff and puff and growl enough, they will cower patriotic Americans into a corner and they can have their way, but we need to stand up, walk out of that corner and smack that monster back, take back our country, our airwaves, as well as everything else.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    noyoucannot wrote:

My challenge, as you can probably relate to, is to try to make people in my area aware of the issue of illegal immigration and to help them understand what amnesty and guest worker means to them and the future of their children and this country in general. It's hard to do when they don't see it in their faces everyday, but I really believe that is the key to resisting this invasion.
    Yes I can relate, and talking does not work near as well as showing. I have sent friends and locals emailed utube videos of the protests and some of them woke up and some did not, however the ones that did not are thinking and researching on their own so I have faith that they will see the light.

At least you can turn off the radio. My problem is, well picture this; You are out in your backyard on a summers weekend, firing up the BBQ grille, the kids are splashing in the pool, you kick back in your lawn chair just soaking up the summer sun. When out of nowhere a Mariachi Band starts blaring away. This is so frequent, you just wouldn’t believe it. And it’s not always coming from the same location. I’ll put down a $1000.00 bet that on any given Saturday or Sunday you could hear Mexican music coming from some backyard, near or in the distance. Most of the time it’s a live Mariachi Band. And on “Sinko da Mayo”; well one would think they were someplace in Mexico. This past “Sinko da Mayo”, just down the street they started up (full blast) at 9:00AM. I had to get in my car and go some place else to spend the day. I afraid I just may loose my cool, and that would be the day. I wish it were as easy as just turning it off.
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

April
    That is so wrong! Nothing like being driven from your own home! That is horrible. I can relate. Several years ago when I lived in an apartment I had horrific neighbors with loud rap music. I don't know how many times I left my own home to get some peace and quiet!

Mad, I can so relate. I just happen to have no tolerance for this style of music...

Here's a sample of how crazy our town went on the cinco.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiVWoRWxpYM
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

fedupinwaukegan
    This was in "Waukegan"? (Youtube link) How may live up there? I always thought that Waukegan, Mundelein, and that area was a bit too expensive to live. I took fishing charters on lake Michigan out of Waukegan, and it sure looked too rich for me. So I’m a bit confused?
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

April
    AmericanElizabeth wrote:

Here we have this monster minority who believes that if they huff and puff and growl enough, they will cower patriotic Americans into a corner and they can have their way, but we need to stand up, walk out of that corner and smack that monster back, take back our country, our airwaves, as well as everything else.

Absolutely!

for new rock + anything you request rock check out my station. We broadcast in english 24/7 with no ads and uncensored music. This year I am aiming to launch a country station and take RadioRevolt.com into the world of Hi Def.

we also support border control stuff. The only ad we ever aired was the minutmen's ad against illegal aliens when all of this started exploding about a year ago.

www.RadioRevolt.com (having some website issues, but should be fully fucntional again soon)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast