Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Red Alert All ALIPAC Moderators and Activists!

Friends,

I have just received a VERY DISTURBING e-mail from someone that I thought was going to work out as a good new supporter. While there is a chance she is being over sensitive, Im going to take her word as being genuine.

I do not have the time or ability to monitor these boards personally anymore while handling so many other things. Therefore, I am asking for all moderator, admin and activist support to address this problem.

We need to all address this as a full community here. So many of our supporters are LEGAL IMMIGRANTS and any credible report that there is true anti-immigrant sentiments on our site, even under the disclaimer of these boards, will be addressed.

Here is the message I received.

Subject
    "Please remove me from your membership and email list."

"Dear Mr. Gheen,

While I whole heartedly support the published mission statement of ALIPAC it seems that the postings have increasingly broadened to suggest that "any immigrant is a bad immigrant". While I am not suggesting that this is your personal feeling or the hidden agenda of this group, I was concerned that this would potentially be the direction things were headed.

Thank you "

Now, I have requested that this person assist us by proving us with links to users and posts that would be considered anti-immigrant on our boards and I will share those if they respond.

In the mean time, I want everyone on our boards that cares about our boards to launch an immediate full search of our boards for any content that could even be interpreted this way.

I want us all to show how dedicated we are to being FOR LEGAL IMMIGRATION.

If we locate any posts that are anti-immigrant or offensive to all immigrants then those posts and those users will need to be addressed.

You can post links to comments you find that might be offensive here or PM them directly to me.

All ALIPAC operations are on hold till this is addressed.

William Gheen
    Americans for Legal Immigration
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

W, I only saw that type of thing on here a few months ago, if you remember the thread dealing with a post made on Immigration Portals that was anti-immigrant.

Other than that, I haven't seen anything at all that would make me feel that way. Some people are looking for things to complain about - could even be a saboteur trying to get us all off on a wild goose chase so we'll put on hold some of the actions the opposition is really worried about us being successful at. Just my thoughts on it.

When I see something I would be ashamed for my students to see here (legal immigrants), you can be sure I jump right on it.

Sylvia Alvarado.

PS I think a person making such an accusation has the burden of showing some kind of evidence, some example of why she feels that way. She didn't even say she SAW something offensive, she just says "we might be headed that way". That's a VERY subjective perception.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

i just think that emotions are running high as of late, it's no excuse to bash on immigrants of different ethnic origin but nonetheless it does happen. I don't want myself or this board to be labeled as a racist bashing organization, personally I'll do my best to make sure that doesn't happen starting with my own posts. Thanks for the eye opener.

I agree 100% with this. I am a big supporter of ALIPAC and my parents are legal immigrants from Southern Europe who followed the rules and obeyed the law to come here and become citizens. That's why I get so angry when illegals try to make themselves indistinguishable from legal immigrants and try to group themselves with legal immigrants by demanding rights by using the term "immigrant rights"

That makes legal immigrants like my parents look bad. They should accept the fact that they are not immigrants and they certainly don't have rights since they are here illegally. And we should all distinguish between the two.

I personally haven't seen any anti-(legal)immigrant sentiment on here, but I'll keep an eye out.

I haven't noticed anything unusual or offensive on the boards. With the information coming fast and furious lately it's possible that people may be not choosing their words as carefully as they should, and maybe that's where this issue is coming from? Perhaps this is a good reminder to all of us to be sensitive to the concerns of other members/posters/readers/potential donors. We come from all walks of life to promote legal immigration and the rule of law--not to immigrant bash.
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

Thanks team,

I appreciate the concern and the support, but please fan out and start doing some deep reading on these topics with me.

After reading 5 minutes I found this.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopic-23246-20.html

Now I dont think the person meant it this way, but the way the title is worded you would think all Hispanics in America are planning a revolt!

The new users here are going to have to think about how they word things.

I think that most of the people here are good folks that just have not trained themselves to consider how others may view what they say.

At the same time, I think we do have some racists and perhaps even some organized fringe groups making the rounds on our boards right now.

We all need to work together to separate those that are and are not beneficial to our mission and organizational structure.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree. So many want to pin all of us as racist or xenophobes, making titles like that will only deeper their suspicions and give them ammo against all of us. Please be more discrete in your titles. For instance a good one for that post could have been "Radical Hispanis Plan Revolution" notice how it puts a seperating word in there so that it does not encompass 'all' hispanics. Do not stereotype or pigeon hole another person because of their ethnicity or skin color, you would not like that done to you and it is not what ALIPAC or any other Anti-Illegal Immigration group is about or supportive of.

What does everyone think of this exchange here?

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-23478.html

W

evaluation

I think it is hard to evaluate the thread without being privey to the original posting. As that was the content that was questioned. The replies were simply a byproduct of the original posting.

I've put in a request for a copy of the original article to our moderators and the user that posted it.

W

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast