Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    PS I think a person making such an accusation has the burden of showing some kind of evidence, some example of why she feels that way. She didn't even say she SAW something offensive, she just says "we might be headed that way". That's a VERY subjective perception.
    I'm with Sylvia on this one.
    I'm with Sylvia and PineStrawGuys on this one.

I haven't seen anything offensive. If I do I'll send you a private message, William.

I do admit I haven't done any extensive reading in the forums last night or today and just noticed this thread a few minutes ago. I'll do what I can but I will have a little more time this weekend for extensive reading.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

I don't want Moosetracks to go. I saw nothing wrong with the article that was posted.

MJ

I don't want Moosetracks to go either. I think it's something that does apply. If we don't get this country back on track, who's to say it won't be our kids or grandkids who had to go to India or China to get a decent job and aren't sending money back here for us to survive? It's part of the ugly truth and a lesson we should learn from, not repeat.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I too have not personally noticed anything, other than trolls trying to bait us, that is beyond reasonable.

I will keep looking though. However, living in Portland, OR all my life, I have come across a lot of people who would be offended by even our most basic political discussions here. The people I live around (within Multnomah county) are highly PC charged and they get offended at anything beyond what THEY believe in. This might be what this person is "experiencing".

I personally can look back on when I first "woke" up to this issue and was pretty hot under the collar, kind of like being a kid, and then I matured about the whole issue. Learned that there is a big difference in legal and illegal immigration, and also how to word what I want to say to make a point, considerately.

I think many times when we get new people, they too start out like this, calm down, become active and then mellow out, might be this emailer saw a new member and assumed, without understanding that process.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    We need more help on this folks.

Anyone else scanning posts with me?

W
    I am. Haven't come across anything glaring yet.

In my opinion, part of the problem is that people(not here, but in general)use anti-immigration and anti-illegal immigration interchangeably, when we all here know its not the same thing. One can read it or hear it everyday. It is always in print and on the news... "anti-immigration groups". THEY paint us all with the same brush. I wouldn't be here if I thought this group was anti-immigration. I will keep looking.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

I have only been posting here for a short time, and haven't seen anything that could be called 'anti-immigrant'.

I also understand the site's desire to be sure nothing even appears to be pointed in that direction.

My thought would be - how long had this particular poster been on the site?

What kind of posts did they post?

Did they ever answer what posts made them think this was 'headed in that direction?

Why such vague statements?

This just seems a little odd.

If, on the other hand, I have said anything that appears wrong, I apologize and would like to know.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    I don't want Moosetracks to go either. I think it's something that does apply. If we don't get this country back on track, who's to say it won't be our kids or grandkids who had to go to India or China to get a decent job and aren't sending money back here for us to survive? It's part of the ugly truth and a lesson we should learn from, not repeat.
    I don't want to see you go either, Moosetracks. I missed reading the thread in question but agree with Crazybird's assessment here because I've seen the issue of remittances mentioned a number of times as well as foreign leaders who "encourage" their poor to flee to wealthier nations so they and their rich cronies don't have to pay as much taxes to lift their people out of poverty.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Quote Originally Posted by DcSA
    Some people are looking for things to complain about - could even be a saboteur trying to get us all off on a wild goose chase so we'll put on hold some of the actions the opposition is really worried about us being successful at. Just my thoughts on it.
    If you get intimidated and freeze up the boards just because a person or two ask you to unsubscribe them I think that's overreaction. Evidently they didn't find much of value in the other discussions and focused on one little thing. I think that person may have had another agenda, maybe that saboteur thing is true. A general reading of the boards shows the intent of its founders, and that is CERTAINLY NOT against LEGAL immigrants.

You may be worrying about groups quoting incendiary posts from these forums/ But what's to stop those same groups from writing something strongly anti-immigrant and CLAIMING they read it on this forum from where it thence "disappeared" . Nothing.

Of course, if someone flames the boards against immigrants in general in a conspicuous manner I'd ban them and get rid of the posts, but I can't see fine-tooth-combing everything for a word or sentence that could be misconstrued. In cases like that retitle the posts that seem offensive. "Radical Hispanics believe" instead of "Hispanics believe" etc.

Unforunately we're just regular people doing our best to express our opinions and sometimes our views aren't perfectly worded. There is no guarantee that honestly concerned members of this forum may end up posting something a bit off center without meaning to. Even proof reading one's posts sometimes doesn't guarantee that a sentence can't be read several ways. Just my take on this.
    “Homeland Security? What Homeland Security ?”

Well, I've been doing some checking, and even read the article that William provided the link too.

This while issue is rife with touchy areas, and it is hard to avoid some people getting offended. For instance, H1 visa's legally bring people into this country, but there is serious debate, and serious disagreement on the practice, and how many of these should be issues. Bill Gates for instance wants more, while most American's losing their jobs or unable to find one because of jobs set aside for H1's oppose them, or want their numbers limited, rather than increased, which is called for in the legislation now being debated and under consideration.

I support all immigrants who come here legally, though I have some serious issues with our government on how many are let in. I bring this up only as illustration. The Senate/Congress and the President all say they want a comprehensive bill, which means there are a LOT of issues on the table, including who and how many can come here legally. Though our primary purpose here is to oppose Amnesty/Earned Citizenship/guest Worker provisions, and the Dream Act, we are bound to have issues on various parts of the legislation, and think it would be sad if we had to limit our discussion.

Do we start removing threads because one person was offended by, or disagrees with another member? If I oppose increasing the number of H1 visa's does that make me anti-immigration?
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

I agree with you, PintoBean. This is just beyond the pale. MOST people that I know who are against ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION are also against increasing the number of H 1B visas and ALL OTHER work visas until this mess is straightened out. It has been plainly stated, on THIS site, that Frist's bill, Specter's bill and many OTHER bills that have been introduced are flawed because they are INCREASING the number of LEGAL IMMIGRANT visas. If this site is going to take the position that the ONLY issue it is going to stand against is illegal immigration, I think I'm in the wrong place. There are certainly other larger groups like NumbersUSA and FAIR who have been fighting tooth and nail to REDUCE the number of work visas rather than INCREASE them and I was under the impression that ALIPAC had the same goals as those groups so I think this is just going way too far. If ONE PERSON had a problem with ALIPAC because MANY members oppose some facets of LEGAL immigration, I think they were right to leave. I don't have time to post a whole lot since I'm doing one of those jobs that Americans won't do but I do read a lot of the posts and think that I'm correct in my conclusion that most of the posters on this site have a SERIOUS problem with any bills that will increase the number of LEGAL IMMIGRANTS being brought in to do those other jobs that "Americans won't do".

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast