Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Just got in. Sorry but some folks have to work you know. I'm emailing Dole, Burr & Etheridge now. Will call Monday as well
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This weekend will be a good time for us to write and send emails and letters, since phone calls will be over until Monday again. I will try to get some email addresses for us to save us time.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just got home from work and got this message (8:45 pm Friday).

I did call my Rep. and Senator Burr today to tell them to support the TRUE Enforcement legislation (HR 4314) and (S2061) but didn't mention guest-worker plan. Will get going this weekend.

Thank You for phone #'s to talk shows.

Response from Barbara Boxer:

Thank you for sharing your views about immigration with me. I recognize the unique situation California faces regarding both legal and illegal immigration.

I firmly believe that legal immigrants make many valuable contributions to our great nation. Through our diversity, we find our strength. For this reason, I support an open policy toward legal immigration.

However, I share your concerns regarding the number of illegal immigrants who enter our country every year. I understand the impact that illegal immigrants have on our state, which is particularly vulnerable in its position along the Mexican border. The federal government should make greater efforts to secure our borders, and I support the funding necessary to do so.

Moreover, to make sure the federal government fulfills its obligation to states, I have cosponsored a bill to authorize funds for the State Criminal Alien Assistance Program, which reimburses states for incarcerating illegal immigrants.

Please be assured that I will work to ensure adequate funding for efforts to stop the flow of illegal immigrants into our country and to help states bear the financial costs associated with illegal immigration.

Again, thank you for writing.

Barbara Boxer
    United States Senator

gingerurp

She responded which is more than most will do but she didn't mention whether/not she supports amnesty.

Read between the lines. She'll support the Guest Worker Program. When they use the "open" word it means they are "open borders".

These people control both parties and all three branches of our government.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by gingerurp
    Response from Barbara Boxer:

Thank you for sharing your views about immigration with me. I recognize the unique situation California faces regarding both legal and illegal immigration.

I firmly believe that legal immigrants make many valuable contributions to our great nation. Through our diversity, we find our strength. For this reason, I support an open policy toward legal immigration.

However, I share your concerns regarding the number of illegal immigrants who enter our country every year. I understand the impact that illegal immigrants have on our state, which is particularly vulnerable in its position along the Mexican border. The federal government should make greater efforts to secure our borders, and I support the funding necessary to do so.

Moreover, to make sure the federal government fulfills its obligation to states, I have cosponsored a bill to authorize funds for the State Criminal Alien Assistance Program, which reimburses states for incarcerating illegal immigrants.

Please be assured that I will work to ensure adequate funding for efforts to stop the flow of illegal immigrants into our country and to help states bear the financial costs associated with illegal immigration.

Again, thank you for writing.

Barbara Boxer
    United States Senator
    Hey, I got one too!

Good to know she's on the case. I'm just kidding, of course.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

I was going to say the same thing as had_enuf and Count Floyd. I have NEVER gotten a response from any of my representatives immediately!!! In fact, I RARELY get one PERIOD from Dole and Burr. Coble always responds with a REAL letter--unlike Dole who has been using the very same form letter for a year. I have so many of those, I could paper a WALL with them!

I didn't contact the White House because I am just SO MAD that they would probably send the Secret Service after ME! Sorry--I'll just have to stick with Dole, Burr and Coble!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

DONE! I contacted Dole, Burr, and McHenry and expressed my opinion, LOUDLY!!!
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

Like I said in another FAMOUS thread--we may be few in number but we are VERY LOUD!!! The wheel that squeaks the loudest gets the grease they always say!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast