Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Maybe you could ask the neighbors (those who got their house painted) if they were given some kind of written guarantee (or warranty or whatever) of the work done?

For the house that had burned down. Take note of what time they start work and what time they stop for the day. There are regulations for that.

Look for safety hazards such as:

Is there alot of dust kicked up?
    Do the workers wear all applicable protection gear (hearing and eye protection, masks, etc.)
    Things of that nature.

If or when you see these violations, be sure to note the day and time you observed each and every violation. Then file a report with OSHA.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB2012
    Don't forget the Better Business Bureau.
    Will the BBB file against a company for using illegals? I'd think they wouldn't...

Not sure about the BBB. So far that I've seen, they just say if a company had been complained about and if the complaint had been resolved.

Forget the Better Business Bureau.

I have a whole house full of illegal Mexican Immigrants next door to me. The owner of the house is Arthur Edwards of Arthur Edwards Pools and Spas. He owns the houses they live in and he owns the company they work for. They drive his trucks and operate his equipment. They live like animals, these houses are way overcrowded. They are also dumping chemicals behind there garage. They throw stuff at my dogs, and blast their music so loud my windows rattle. I have written the Town of Brookhaven, the Health department, the EPA and Homeland security. All to no avail. These houses are illegal rentals,but the Town does nothing. I don't know what to do next. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. This is the answer I received from the BBB. >>>>>>>>>>>>> Thank you for contacting the Better Business Bureau. We have carefully reviewed your correspondence; unfortunately, the issues that you have raised are not within the scope of services that we offer to the community.

Upon receipt of a consumer complaint or equivalent correspondence, the BBB makes an initial determination as to the dispute's eligibility for case handling. Certain disputes fall outside of the Bureau's scope of activity. In general, we do not handle claims of the following nature: (1) complaints against government agencies; (2) landlord-tenant disputes; (3) employer-employee or labor disputes; (4) claims involving the competency of professionals (e.g., attorneys, physicians, dentists, accountants); (5) complaints against individuals, rather than businesses; (6) disputes involving consequential damages; (7) claims alleging discrimination; or ( disputes which have previously been addressed by a court or are in the process of being litigated.

In addition, the Bureau does not provide legal advice or legal services, make collection of wages or debts, or provide credit information. The BBB does not pass judgment on the price charged for merchandise, the quality of services or workmanship, or the length of time merchandise should wear or last, unless misrepresentation is involved. This list is NOT INTENDED AS A COMPLETE LIST OF ALL INELIGIBLE MATTERS, but rather is intended to offer you basic guidance as to the general scope of our activity for your future reference. While we are able to successfully resolve the majority of disputes brought to our attention, we are not an enforcement agency (and thus cannot force a business to comply with your wishes) and are not the appropriate forum for certain matters in dispute.

The BBB does provide pre-purchase information, conducts mediation and arbitration of complaints, and investigates – and seeks to eliminate – misleading and deceptive advertising and selling practices.

In your case, the issues you raise are of the following nature:
    Illegal Mexican aliens

Unfortunately, such issues are not within our scope and inappropriate for our services. This does not minimize the importance of your concerns, nor is it any reflection upon the validity of your dispute.

Your complaint is not within the scope of the Better Business Bureau. You may want to check with Town hall.

Thank you for thinking of the Better Business Bureau. We hope that we may provide you with assistance in the future.

Sincerely,
    Betty Briggs
    BBB Serving Long Island's Nassau and Suffolk Counties

I think you are going to have to forget they are illegals and think of them as neighbors from hades.

When you make your complaints, don't mention they are illegals. I think that's what is keeping anyone from doing anything. Just make your complaints as if they are just really bad neighbors. Be persistent.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

And people wonder why Americans are taking matters into their own hands (with minutemen, etc - which I fully support).

For your particular issue, I would definitely call the police on them - there's a good chance (statistically) that one or more of them have outstanding warrants (I believe it's reported that 28%+ of all illegal Mexicans in this country have a criminal record).

What you've mentioned is a perfect example of the destruction that the Mexicans are causing to our country - and our government a) won't do anything about it, and b) will prevent Americans from doing anything about it.

You can also try to get a hold of some media somewhere that is willing to cover what's going on. You can also call the local INS office and try to get a hold of somebody who actually cares...

My ordeal is nothing compared to what you're dealing with - you are actually being driven from your own home by invaders bent on doing exactly that - destroying America and driving the Americans out of their own country.

They are enemies to this country and our people; treat them as such, and do everything in your power to fight them.

I hope others with more experience in matters such as this can provide additional helpful information. It might be beneficial for you to start a new thread specific to your dillema. I wish you the best!

My dad got snookered into a door to door deal to re-side the house after a severe hail storm.............so did alot of others. The money was paid up front.....the jobs weren't finished, not to mention shoddy workmanship and there was a class action suit and all are now stuck with it coz they took the money and headed back to Mexico. Some are just going to have to learn the hard way..........
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Get the license plate numbers. Not that it will do much good but report the plate numbers.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I worry about shoddy work done by these people, and
    I worry that some might be scoping out the houses for a 'return visit'.

Of course, there is also the matter of all those homes being built by illegals. I have read of some of the problems in these homes. Imagine paying the inflated prices being asked for new h omes and find they are not well built.

My son was having a home built. He had to be out of town while most of the construction was done. When he returned, it was probably 75% finished.

The windows were not straight in the wall. There was as much as an inch off from the bottom of the window to the top.

They knocked a hole in the side of a bathroom cabinet and tried to camoflage it.

They put the cabinets up in the wrong places, and the window that was supposed to be over the sink - was not.

There were holes in the corners of the dry wall.

The decks shook - they were dangerous.

I can't remember all the problems.

I don't know about any plumbing or electrical problems, but my son had an inspector come in and he said it would take at leat $20K to fix all the things wrong with the house. He didn't take the house and it was still sitting there , half finished, a couple of years later.

We had a hail storm come through our town and most of the homes had hail damage. The next morning, the town was crawling with roofing contractors asking for the jobs. They all had illegal crews. We refused to use them and still have no new roof.

I know exactly what you mean - the house that 'burned out' across the street is the same floor model as ours. The illegals gutted it leaving only the frame and foundation left.

I went over and looked at it, and I couldn't believe the workmanship on the framing job. It was terrible. And these houses were built in 1997.

Granted I don't know who framed the house, but relating to other things I have seen completed by Illegals, there is no question that work done by illegals is some of the worst quality out there.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast