Nancy Pelosi · Trending

Rush Limbaugh

Do you realize Nancy Pelosi has never once spoken about Tea Party supporters in such glowing terms as she has spoken about these illegal alien children from Central America. Do you realize that? Nor has Obama spoken of the Tea Party supporters, who are Americans.

Democrats Find Great Political Opportunity in the Misery of Child Refugees Flooding the Border -...
RUSH: A political opportunity is what this is. A great political opportunity. There's...
rushlimbaugh.com

Democrats Find Great Political Opportunity in the Misery of Child Refugees Flooding the Border

June 30, 2014

Windows Media

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: This was in Brownsville, Texas. You know, we had it last Friday, Nancy Pelosi was gonna go to the border, and she was gonna greet these kids arriving from El Salvador and Paraguay and Central American countries. And she did. She went down there, and she went to some of these refugee crisis centers. She actually said, "I would love to take all of you home." She did. She said, "I would love to take all of you home." Well, she's got room for 50 or 60 of 'em in all the properties she and her husband own, but she's not going to take one of them home. But this is at a press conference she held Saturday in Brownsville, Texas.
PELOSI: This crisis, that some call it crisis, we have to view as an opportunity.
RUSH: Oh, yeah.
PELOSI: If you believe, as we do, that every child, every person has a spark of divinity in them and is therefore worthy of respect, what we saw in those rooms was dazzling, sparkling array of God's children, worthy of respect. So we have to use, as was said this morning, the crisis that some view as a crisis, and it does have crisis qualities, as an opportunity to show who we are as Americans, that we do respect people for their dignity and worth.

RUSH: Well, how do you oppose that? So here's Pelosi. It's an opportunity, and we want to show them dignity and sparkling array of God's children. These kids are lucky they made it out of the womb, 'cause if you're in the womb Pelosi doesn't look at you that way. If you do make it out of the womb, then of course you become a God's child, and you are sparkling and you are worthy of respect and you have dignity and you have worth and you have value. Parentheses "to us as future dependent voters," close parentheses.
A political opportunity is what this is. A great political opportunity. There's no way tens of thousands, and multiply that, of potential new Democrat voters is a crisis. (interruption) Why is Obama talking about deporting them? (interruption) He's saying he wants to send them back home? (interruption) Well, how many has he sent back home? That's what I thought. None. But he's saying he wants to send them back home. That they can't stay. (interruption) Did he say they can't stay? (interruption) Right, he wants to send them back home. (interruption) Right. He wants two billion to fund their return home. Sort of. But they can stay until he gets the two billion to send them back home. Right.
Do you realize Nancy Pelosi has never once spoken about Tea Party supporters in such glowing terms as she has spoken about these illegal alien children from Central America. Do you realize that? Nor has Obama spoken of the Tea Party supporters, which are Americans, who are Americans.
"Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) says President Barack Obama, 'will borrow the power that is needed to solve the problems of immigration.' Durbin made the comments at a press briefing on immigration last Thursday urging House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) to bring an immigration bill onto the floor for a vote. 'I don't know how much more time he thinks he needs, but I hope that Speaker Boehner will speak up today," Durbin said. "And if he does not, the president will borrow the power that is needed to solve the problems of immigration and he shouldn’t be sued as a result of it.'"
Now, when you borrow something you usually give it back. So I don't know how that would work. You could build a pretty good fence for $2 billion. (interruption) That's inhumane, to build a fence and to say that? I know. I know. Slap me. (interruption) I know, sparkling jewels. Well, they are human beings, there's no question that they're human beings and there's no question they've got dignity and they might deserve respect. The question is does that entitle 'em to break the law? It still comes down to that, does the law mean anything or not.
BREAK TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: I just went and found it. Well, because somebody said Obama says he wants to deport these illegal alien children. I said, "Yeah, right, so how's he gonna do that?" Well, I found out, and as always, he now wants Congress to act and do it. Ha.
Greetings, my good friends, and welcome back, Rush Limbaugh serving humanity. How? Simply by being here. The phone number if you want to be on the program today and we're gonna be getting to your phone calls el quicko in this hour, 800-282-2882, the e-mail address, ElRushbo@eibnet.com.
I've other stuff here in the Stack, but I just wanted to get to this. The LA Times has a story: "Obama's Bid to Deport Children Complicates Immigration Reform Effort." A-ha. So my natural curiosity made me want to read more. "President Obama's surprise request that Congress give him authority to quickly deport thousands of Central American children illegally crossing the border is likely to renew the on-again, off-again immigration reform debate that many Republicans had hoped to avoid. ... The request, expected to be formally made Monday, seems intended to blunt criticism that White House immigration policies have inadvertently encouraged the crush of youngsters.

No doubt that's what the point here is. I don't think Obama expects these children to be deported, but once again, Limbaugh Theorem, here comes Obama saying he wants them sent back, acting as though he's had nothing to do with whatever resulted in this mass arrival of immigrants. So now he wants to make Congress do it.
This is kind of confusing because we've had Chuck Schumer and you name any number of Democrats who've been trying to help the Republicans on this. I mean, it was just last week, ladies and gentlemen, that we had an audio sound bite from Chuck Schumer worrying that the Republicans would never, ever win the presidency if they didn't start doing the right thing on immigration. Which was what? Agree with the Democrats and to let them all in and bring them out of the shadows and essentially pardon them for being here illegally and then we might talk about securing the border.
That's the order of things. And the Democrats, from Chuck Schumer, any number of them, "You Republicans, it's a changing country. It's a country of tolerance and social justice and demographics and you're losing the demographics battle. If you don't get on the right side of this immigration issue with us, you're never gonna win the presidency." Okay, so I took from that that the Democrats seriously want to help the Republicans win elections. Why else would Chuck Schumer say that?
So now, here is this LA Times story, "Obama's Bid to Deport Children Complicates Immigration Reform Effort." Reading again here from the LA Times: "But the proposal presents lawmakers with an unpleasant vote on whether to deport children, something the US has historically resisted. It also would undo part of a bipartisan 2008 law passed under President George W. Bush that mandated certain protections for minors fleeing violence and poverty in Central American countries and other nations.

"Some conservative lawmakers may decide, particularly in an election year, that deporting the children is an appropriate response that would send a hard-line message against illegal immigration. But for many others, particularly Democrats and Republicans representing areas with large immigrant populations, the prospect of such a heart-wrenching vote could fuel arguments that the time has come for broader immigration reform."
So Obama has presented to the amnesty crowd an unpleasant vote on whether to deport the children. In this case he's not going to go outside the Constitution and just do it. Oh, no, no, no. Oh, no. Oh, no, no. (interruption) Well, Congress does have -- If Boehner was saying, "I've got a pen and I've got a phone." Boehner's not gonna do that. He's sloughing off the responsibility here on Congress. The point is, he's challenging them, because the Democrats have told the Republicans, "Look, you dare not engage in any deportation. You have to sign on to immigration reform if you're ever gonna get any meaningful votes ever again." And so what has Obama done? Now he's not helping them. Now he's making them take action that's gonna lose them votes.
I knew the Democrats weren't really trying to help the Republicans. I knew it, my friends. Something about it didn't ring true to me, ahem. I say with heavy sarcasm. I knew that the Democrats weren't serious about trying to help the Republicans, and, lo and behold, here's Obama now, he doesn't want these kids sent back. Despite what he says, this is a challenge. He's throwing down the gauntlet. Okay, you guys do it. You guys send 'em home. You get in the pictures with these kids getting on the little buses and sending 'em back down to Central America or wherever.
And the headline says it all: "Obama's Bid to Deport Children Complicates Immigration Reform Effort." The administration will ask Congress, $2 billion in emergency border funding. It's kind of crystal clear, is it not? So I just wanted to share that with you because Obama had said that he wanted to deport them. (interruption) Well, it appears that the kids will stay. The Democrats have sent their trial lawyer donors down there left and right to defend these kids and their families pro bono. That's the point, when I heard you say, when you told me Obama said he wanted to send 'em back, that's not true. He doesn't. It's Limbaugh Theorem time again.
Obama is pretending that it is a matter of massive deportation or blanket amnesty. These are now the options that he's presented. It's another false dichotomy. There has to be massive deportation of these kids or blanket amnesty. Those are the only two choices that we have now. (interruption) I was just asked, "What are these kids gonna do for the next 10 to 15 years with no parents?" Oh, their parents will be found and brought here. Do you have any doubt of that? (interruption) Don't tell me that's news to you.
I mean, they're gonna interview the kids. They'll find out where they come from, who their parents are, and it won't be long before Pelosi says, "You know, I would love to be able to take all of these children home, but Paul and I simply don't have the room. The only thing we can do is try to unite these kids with their parents here in America." And so the $2 billion Obama wants ostensibly for deportation will be used to reunite these children with their parents. Think of 'em, Snerdley, as a new kind of anchor baby. We can't send 'em back to undignified, unsparkling circumstances, poverty and war torn -- there's rebels down there, and guerillas and thirst. There's a lot of dust, you know, 'cause the wind blows, very hot, a lot of dust.
Why have borders at all? You gotta have borders so that you can show on a map, you know, what the country looks like to people, second grade. That's why you have to have borders. (interruption) With Obama now throwing this over to Congress: Okay, you know, it's time for you guys, I want to deport these kids, I want to get it done, I wanna send 'em be back, you do it. I want $2 billion, send 'em home.
So the clear proposition here that Obama has put forth is two options, massive deportation, in which the Republicans take the total hit, including no regard for children, no regard for people coming from poverty, all of the accompanying criticisms. It's either that or blanket amnesty. Those are the two competing possibilities that we are now faced with. And all of this, don't forget, all of this is designed to really pressure the Republicans to do this before the election, because the Democrats know, no matter what the Republicans do or don't do, the Democrats know they are going to be thrown out en masse in November. It doesn't matter.
This is going to be a strictly anti-Democrat vote. It's like 2010, those midterms, there's no real pro-Republican idea out there. They haven't advanced anything. There's no known Republican agenda other than they're not Obama and they're not the Democrats.
END TRANSCRIPT

Related Links

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...ing_the_border