Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Rush Limbaugh: The Immigration News Today is Outrageous - all employment growth since

Rush Limbaugh

Folks, all employment growth since 2000 has gone to immigrants, legal and illegal, and this is what the Chamber of Commerce guy wants to build on and wants to expand on with the help of the Republican Party.

The Immigration News Today is Outrageous
    RUSH: The immigration news today is over half of my show prep Stack. It's fast and furious. It's outrageous. We have lost control of this.
    rushlimbaugh.com

The Immigration News Today is Outrageous

June 27, 2014

Windows Media

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: The immigration news today is over half of my show prep Stack. It's fast and furious. It's outrageous. We have lost control of this. And it's now gotten to the point -- you know, somebody needs to get hold of Mark Zuckerberg because Chuck-U Schumer had that press conference yesterday when he went out there and told everybody that I'm the guy killing immigration reform 'cause I keep calling it amnesty when it isn't amnesty. And if I'm gonna keep doing that, it's just gonna make it tougher.
    Chuck-U got really frustrated today. (imitating Schumer) "You know what, to hell with it. If the Congress won't do it, Obama should just do it on his own." Pelosi said the same thing. The White House press spokesman, Josh Earnest, said if Congress won't act, we will. After a nine to nothing decision they've gone -- do you know that Obama is 0-for-12, 0-for-13? Unanimous decisions against Obama, 0-for-12, 0-for-13 at the US Supreme Court. Zuckerberg of Facebook is out calling it amnesty as he urges everybody to donate to it, contribute to it, and make it happen. He didn't get the memo that it isn't amnesty.
    Pelosi is going to go down and meet the kids arriving at the border. She's going to go to the border, she's gonna go to some of the shelters where they are being taken, and she's going to welcome them to the Democrat Party. I'm not kidding. Pelosi's going down there, and she's going to be the first political face they see other than the Border Patrol agents. (interruption) Well, that is a concern, you know, whether she would scare the kids. That would be a benefit to us.
    Here comes Pelosi's motorcade, if somebody says to the kids, "Here comes your average American Democrat, kids," and then Pelosi gets out of the car and they shriek. (interruption) No, they're not sending 'em back. In fact, the AP put out a story earlier this week that there were 30,000 backlogged cases of these kids as they try to process 'em and send 'em back. They sent out a correction today, "Oops, sorry, it's not 30,000, it's 360,000." They're not sending anybody back. Obama, I guess did a television appearance or something where he said: Please, don't come. Do not come. He didn't tell 'em to go back, but he said don't come. Now, what do you do when somebody tells you not to do something? You do it. When I say, "Don't think pink," what do you do? Think pink. So it's clear what's going on.
    BREAK TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: I've been teasing this Immigration Stack, and I don't mean to be teasing it. It's just it's quite lengthy and detailed, and I haven't wanted to start it and then interrupt. I wanted to get some phone calls in on things I discussed in the first half hour. So I've done that, and we'll do the immigration news, 'cause some of this stuff that is happening here is unbelievable. For example, National Review Online:
    "According to a major new report from the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS), net employment growth in the United States since 2000 has gone entirely to immigrants, legal and illegal. Using data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, CIS scholars Steven A. Camarota and Karen Zeigler found that there were 127,000 fewer working-age natives holding a job in the first quarter of 2014 than in 2000, while the number of immigrants with a job was 5.7 million above the 2000 level."
    Folks, all employment growth since 2000 has gone to immigrants, legal and illegal, and this is what the Chamber of Commerce guy wants to build on and wants to expand on with the help of the Republican Party.
    BREAK TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: A Mexican military helicopter crossed our border and fired on Border Patrol agents. The Mexican government has apologized, so all is okay now.
    BREAK TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: Let's get to the immigration Stack here. I just want to review the thing I had here on top just to start here. There's a major new report from the Center for Immigration Studies, and they used data from the government, Bureau of Labor Statistics. They have concluded, according to the research here, that all employment growth, net employment growth in America since 2000, has gone to immigrants, legal and illegal entirely.
    "Using data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, CIS scholars Steven A. Camarota and Karen Zeigler found that there were 127,000 fewer working-age natives holding a job in the first quarter of 2014 than in 2000, while the number of immigrants with a job was 5.7 million above the 2000 level."
    So the two numbers back-to-back are these. Since the first quarter of 2000 there are 127,000 fewer native-born Americans with jobs in America. Since the first quarter of 2000 there are 5.7 million new workers with jobs, comprised entirely of illegal and legal immigrants.
    "The rapidity with which immigrants recovered from the Great Recession, as well as the fact that they held a disproportionate share of jobs relative to their share of population growth before the recession, help to explain their findings, the authors report. In addition, native-born Americans and immigrants were affected differently by the recession."
    Some of the findings are these: "Because the native-born population grew significantly, but the number working actually fell, there were 17 million more working-age natives not working in the first quarter of 2014 than in 2000."
    So it gets even worse. We know that there are 95 to a hundred million Americans not working, and now we're learning some more about that. "Because the native-born population grew significantly, but the number working actually fell, there were 17 million more working-age natives not working in the first quarter of 2014 than in 2000."
    Fifty-eight million working-age native-born Americans at present right now are not employed. And the key to this is, the Chamber of Commerce working with the Republican Party, wants to build on these numbers.
    "In a story June 25 about the flood of immigrant children traveling alone caught crossing the Mexican border illegally, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the federal immigration court system has a backlog of more than 30,000 cases. The actual backlog is greater than 360,000 pending cases, according to federal records analyzed by the Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse, a research organization at Syracuse University. The incorrect figure also appeared in an earlier story published June 22 and June 23, slugged 'Immigrant Children.'"
    Well, this is an understandable mistake here. After all, what's the difference between 36,000 illegals and 360,000? Hell, it's just a zero. Anybody can get that wrong. Yeah, it's a zero and a couple of commas. No big deal here. What's the big problem? You wait. In a few years the AP will put out a correction about their reports that there are 11 million illegals in the US, and then they will say, "You know, we were wrong. It's actually 51 million. We were wrong, but what's the difference? It's just a one versus a five. Big deal."
    "White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest: 'We're Not Just Going to Sit Around and Wait,' for Congress to Write Laws -- President Obama, tired of waiting for Congress to act on immigration reform, is currently exploring ways to address issues with Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson. During an interview with MSNBC's Chuck Todd, White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest explained that the Obama administration was getting impatient with Congress. '[W]e're not just going to sit around and wait interminably for Congress,' he explained. 'We've been waiting a year already. The president has tasked his Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson with reviewing what options are available to the president, what is at his disposal using his executive authority to try to address some of the problems that have been created by our broken immigration system.'"
    Look, we're not saying it's a substitute for robust congressional action, but if they're not gonna do anything, we're going to. We're not just gonna sit around and wait. Well, now, wait a minute,

Mr. Earnest, there's this thing called the Constitution. You can't do that. That's the point of the separation of powers. It's called gridlock, and it's a damn good thing. And if Congress will not write a law, you just can't write it yourself. But they clearly think they can. They clearly intend to do it and they're daring anybody to stop them. They're going to do it. We don't have an attorney general. You're never gonna get a special prosecutor on any of this stuff. You're never gonna get a conviction. The DOJ has been as politicized as anything else the Regime's touched.
    There is no immediate remedy to this. I mean, you could say, "Okay, we'll file a lawsuit." Fine. You'll wait for it to make its way to the Supreme Court, you've got years for that to happen. Meanwhile, the Regime is just gonna rewrite the immigration laws. Not only is doing this bold, but to actually say it. This is the kind of thing not that long ago, that if Josh Earnest and Obama and the rest of them were contemplating this, they wouldn't telegraph it. This is too outrageous.
    Not that long ago there would be an outcry in the country, "You can't do that. That's against the Constitution. Congress writes the laws; you can't." And they would try to do it on the sly. They would try to do it under the cover of darkness. They'd do the executive order and not tell anybody about it. They'd just implement it and try to make the law happen and let people figure it out.
    Now they're telegraphing it. They're puffing themselves up. They're feeling their oats. They're bragging. They're saying, "Come stop us." I mean, they are fully confident and arrogant, and they're daring anybody to stop 'em and they're telegraphing up front what they intend to do. And I don't think this is just a pressure tactic. I don't think they send Earnest out there and say, "Okay, look, you earnestly tell 'em that if they don't act, we're just gonna do it ourselves, and that that'll get 'em in gear." That's not what they're trying to do. They're hoping Congress doesn't act. This is what I meant when I said this administration is not slowing down and it's not over. It's just getting up to speed.
    He's an up for reelection anymore. He doesn't face the electorate, it doesn't matter what they think. He's got two years, two and a half years to transform this country, and he knows he's gonna have to do it over the heads of Congress. He's never gonna get the House and Senate, particularly after the November elections. He's never gonna get the House and Senate to go along with him, and yet he's still gonna do it. They're just telling us. "We're not just gonna sit around and wait --"
    I'm telling you, Nixon would have never said something like this. He would have dreamed it. He might have mentioned it to "Bebe" Rebozo, who might have leaked it on Key Biscayne during a golf match, but he would have never actually said it. These guys are out bragging about it and warning us that it's coming our way, and they're daring us to stop it.

"Mexican Military Chopper Crosses Into US, Shoots at Border Agents." This is from Tucson. "News 4 Tucson has learned a Mexican military helicopter travelled across the border and fired on US Border Patrol agents." Why is that not an act of war? (interruption) Okay, of course they apologized. They didn't mean it. They didn't know where the border was. Well, neither do we. We can't even be sure there is one.
    You know, in the break here I'm gonna go to my Google map and I'm gonna see if there is a border, or see if the Google guys have just erased it in advance of what's coming. And I'm gonna check the Apple map. I'm gonna see if there's still a border there. Can't blame the Mexican military. They don't think there's a border. The kids don't think there's a border.
    Does anybody think there's a border? There's not a border being enforced. They fly cross, they fire on our Border Patrol, and then they make tracks back to the safety of Mexican airspace. "It happened in the early morning hours Thursday, west of the San Miguel Gate on the Tohono O'Odham Nation."
    BREAK TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: As relates to the Mexican military helicopter crossing the border and firing on Border Patrol agents, some of the Border Patrol agents are saying that Mexican drug cartels are renting these Mexican military helicopters and using them for cover for smuggling operations (i.e., the War on Drugs), bringing drugs into the country via the southern border. Apparently there's a story at Town Hall here that it's not that infrequent. It happens fairly often.
    "'Mexican military are oftentimes working hand in glove with the cartels. The Mexican military has routinely crossed the border in areas that Border Patrol agents are actively tracking or seizing drug loads. Inevitably the Mexican military claim they got lost, that the border was not clearly marked, or in extreme cases fire on agents to cover their retreat,' National Border Patrol Council Spokesman ... exclusively tells Townhall."
    Sorry, sorry, we just got lost!
    What a convenient excuse. "We didn't know where the border was." What are we gonna say to that? Now, Snerdley just said something to me, and it was, "These guys, they're worried, Rush. They're losing the Hispanic vote! You remember that Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll you had where Obama's support in the Hispanic community's gone from 67% to 43%?" I said, "Yeah, I remember that." They're scared to death about this upcoming election.
    I said, "You know, you just can't stop it. You look at everything through the prism of the election coming up. You don't think Obama would be doing this without an election? He'd be doing it whether there's an election or not! The fact that he's not up for election matters a lot." Snerdley said, "Yeah, but Chuck Schumer! Everything he's been working for is up for grabs if the Democrats lose. Chuck Schumer's out and he's got nothing. That's why they want this done now," and there is some truth to that.
    BREAK TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: Look, there's still some stuff in this Immigration Stack. I mean, it is huge today. I got this cheat sheet that has been found at the border that coaches illegals on how to stay in the US. So there's a cheat sheet, which means that we're not being told the truth. Some people are lying to us. "Well, no, we didn't mean to come here. Well, no, I mean, we're just..." If there's a cheat sheet, they're being coached to lie. We're being lied to by Democrats who tell us that the objective is to send them back or something else other than welcome them and make them citizens ASAP.
    We're being lied to about this. The Democrats obviously want these people to stay. That's not a mystery, for all the obvious reasons. Now, the cheat sheet is all over the place. "US law enforcement officials have been finding 'cheat sheets' along the border used by illegal immigrants to try to stay in the United States and not get deported after they've been caught."
    The only thing that's not clear is who wrote the cheat sheet. Where does it come from? We can guess, and the guess is pretty educated. If there were fingerprints we would find Chuck Schumer's and Nancy Pelosi's and Mark Zuckerberg's and Tom Donahoe at the convention, the Chamber of Commerce. Maybe the same people that did the fliers in Mississippi.
    END TRANSCRIPT

Related Links

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20..._is_outrageous
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Study: All Employment Growth Since 2000 Went to Immigrants

By NRO Staff
    June 26, 2014 7:22 PM
    Comments 1724

According to a major new report from the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS), net employment growth in the United States since 2000 has gone entirely to immigrants, legal and illegal. Using data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, CIS scholars Steven A. Camarota and Karen Zeigler found that there were 127,000 fewer working-age natives holding a job in the first quarter of 2014 than in 2000, while the number of immigrants with a job was 5.7 million above the 2000 level.
    The rapidity with which immigrants recovered from the Great Recession, as well as the fact that they held a disproportionate share of jobs relative to their share of population growth before the recession, help to explain their findings, the authors report. In addition, native-born Americans and immigrants were affected differently by the recession.
    Other significant findings include:

• Because the native-born population grew significantly, but the number working actually fell, there were 17 million more working-age natives not working in the first quarter of 2014 than in 2000.

• The share of natives working or looking for work, referred to as labor force participation, shows the same decline as the employment rate. In fact, labor force participation has continued to decline for working-age natives even after the jobs recovery began in 2010.

• Immigrants have made gains across the labor market, including lower-skilled jobs such as maintenance, construction, and food service; middle-skilled jobs like office support and health care support; and high*er-skilled jobs, including management, computers, and health care practitioners.

• The supply of potential workers is enormous: 8.7 million native college graduates are not working, as are 17 million with some college, and 25.3 million with no more than a high school education.
    According to the study, 58 million working-age natives are not employed.
    Camarota and Zeigler report three conclusions:

• First, the long-term decline in the employment for natives across age and education levels is a clear in*dication that there is no general labor shortage, which is a primary justification for the large increases in immigration (skilled and unskilled) in the Schumer-Rubio bill and similar House proposals.

• Second, the decline in work among the native-born over the last 14 years of high immigration is consis*tent with research showing that immigration reduces employment for natives.

• Third, the trends since 2000 challenge the argument that immigration on balance increases job oppor*tunities for natives. Over 17 million immigrants arrived in the country in the last 14 years, yet native employment has deteriorated significantly.
    The Center for Immigration Studies is a non-profit research institute. Founded in 1985, the organization is regularly consulted by policymakers, the academic community, and the media on matters of immigration policy.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...ants-nro-staff