Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Schumer offers 35 year-old trick_ open government and then we’ll talk border control

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

  1. #21
    Senior Member Judy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    55,354
    He said during the campaign that after the following occurred, he would decide what to do with the ones that were left:

    1. deportation of all criminals including misdemeanors
    2. deportation of all welfare frauds (public charges)
    3. deportation of all visa over-stays
    4. deportation of all immigration document violators

    Whoever is left, he and Republicans would decide what to do with, which of course would include DACAs, not in 1., 2., 3., or 4.

    Trump considered amnesty as citizenship or a pathway to citizenship. A lot of people do. Since the big DACA deal negotiations, he realizes that a lot of other people consider any type of permit a type of amnesty.

    This of course is all very old news I guess you missed when it was happening.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  2. #22
    MW
    MW is online now
    Senior Member MW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Oh I see, you're playing the DemoQuackery "wall" bit. Not surprising. Trump said during the campaign the wall might be see-through and made out of steel instead of concrete at least in certain places because that's what Border Patrol wants. If you'd been a Trump Supporter who paid attention you would know this.

    Why would Trump care what you and the DemoQuacks do after he's no longer in office? He doesn't. He's going to do what he wants to do. That is his privilege as President of the United States. So if you want more "wall", you'll have to vote for him in 2020.

    Trump isn't stupid.

    Oh he's going to a DACA deal, there's no doubt about that. It's a matter of when for what.
    I'm "playing" the truth.

    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  3. #23
    MW
    MW is online now
    Senior Member MW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    He said during the campaign that after the following occurred, he would decide what to do with the ones that were left:

    1. deportation of all criminals including misdemeanors
    2. deportation of all welfare frauds (public charges)
    3. deportation of all visa over-stays
    4. deportation of all immigration document violators

    Whoever is left, he and Republicans would decide what to do with, which of course would include DACAs, not in 1., 2., 3., or 4.

    Trump considered amnesty as citizenship or a pathway to citizenship. A lot of people do. Since the big DACA deal negotiations, he realizes that a lot of other people consider any type of permit a type of amnesty.

    This of course is all very old news I guess you missed when it was happening.
    Amnesty is anything that legally authorizes illegal aliens to remain in the United States, period. Trump knows this, you know this, I know this, and everyone in North America, including Donald Trump, knows this.
    stoptheinvaders likes this.

    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  4. #24
    Senior Member Judy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    55,354
    The federal government including the US DOJ, DHS, and State Department have been handing out "amnesty" under your definition and the Rule of Law for ... decades. If you don't like the laws that allow this, you ought to work to change them like Trump does.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  5. #25
    MW
    MW is online now
    Senior Member MW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    The federal government including the US DOJ, DHS, and State Department have been handing out "amnesty" under your definition and the Rule of Law for ... decades. If you don't like the laws that allow this, you ought to work to change them like Trump does.
    So you support illegal alien amnesty when Trump supports it, huh?

    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  6. #26
    Senior Member Judy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    55,354
    No, I don't support it at all any time. Our laws do, which he has to abide as President.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  7. #27
    Senior Member stoptheinvaders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Why would Trump care what you and the DemoQuacks do after he's no longer in office? He doesn't. He's going to do what he wants to do. That is his privilege as President of the United States. So if you want more "wall", you'll have to vote for him in 2020.
    I see you are already campaigning for 2020 , and although you may not realize it, you are using talking points that push people away, not bring them to your party.

    The wall we were promised in 2015 wasn't promised for "if you vote for me in 2020".

    You are demanding that although someone tells an outright lie about the wall, vote for them again in 2020.

    Like I said yesterday it is similar to a victim of abuse telling the abuser "hit me again, it feels good".
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

  8. #28
    Senior Member stoptheinvaders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    He said during the campaign that after the following occurred, he would decide what to do with the ones that were left:

    1. deportation of all criminals including misdemeanors
    2. deportation of all welfare frauds (public charges)
    3. deportation of all visa over-stays
    4. deportation of all immigration document violators

    Whoever is left, he and Republicans would decide what to do with, which of course would include DACAs, not in 1., 2., 3., or 4.

    Trump considered amnesty as citizenship or a pathway to citizenship. A lot of people do. Since the big DACA deal negotiations, he realizes that a lot of other people consider any type of permit a type of amnesty.

    This of course is all very old news I guess you missed when it was happening.
    After is a very important word here. Has any of those 4 items occurred? No
    Was he sending out daily tweets about loving DACA and trying to give them amnesty before any of that occurred? Yes
    MW likes this.
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

  9. #29
    Senior Member Judy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    55,354
    Thank you for your opinion, but I think the strategy of the Republican Party is to bring new people into the party who support the whole or most of the Trump Agenda into the party, not just one piece of many pieces of one issue.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  10. #30
    Senior Member Judy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    55,354
    Quote Originally Posted by stoptheinvaders View Post
    After is a very important word here. Has any of those 4 items occurred? No
    Was he sending out daily tweets about loving DACA and trying to give them amnesty before any of that occurred? Yes
    Yes, they've been occurring since soon after he was inaugurated almost 2 years ago. Are they finished? No, not by a long shot, which is why he's in no hurry to do a DACA deal at this point. No reason to do so. Trump still wants his 70 point legislative action and funding plan plus money for the wall and paraphenalia related to it, roads, surveillance cameras, drones, etc., etc., etc. In his mind the work permits for DACAs was worth it. During the campaign, he envisioned it would be years down the road and at this point it will be.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WaPo Offers Grieving Space to Open Border Lobby Ahead of Sessions’ Confirmation
    By Jean in forum illegal immigration News Stories & Reports
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-10-2017, 05:53 AM
  2. Mexico southern border control so far just talk
    By Newmexican in forum illegal immigration News Stories & Reports
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2014, 06:07 PM
  3. Schumer offers deal to GOP: Give us an amnesty or Obama will take it
    By Newmexican in forum illegal immigration News Stories & Reports
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-15-2014, 01:49 PM
  4. Border Control Computers Open to Attacks
    By LegalUSCitizen in forum illegal immigration News Stories & Reports
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-04-2007, 11:17 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •