Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Monday, January 29, 2007 10:10 AM
    To: 'Information'
    Subject: RE: ATTENTION, UNDOCUMENTED MALES

Janice L. Hughes,

Thank you for the response. I would guess that this law is primarily intended for Undocumented Aliens (Illegal Aliens),who have grown up in the United States.

Could you please tell me how many Illegal Aliens have been prosecuted for failing to meet this law of registering for the Selective Service?

If not could you tell me where I can find out this information?

R/ Skip

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2007 8:47 PM
    To: Skip
    Subject: RE: ATTENTION, UNDOCUMENTED MALES

Dear Sir:

Your comments are noted. Please carefully read the information provided below:

WHO MUST REGISTER:

If I get this right, ANY male between the ages of 18-26 who has not registered can be charged with a felony?

So that means that ANY illegal alien males between these ages, who do not show proof of having registered, have committed a felony? Sounds like a deportable offense to me.

"AFTER YOU REGISTER:
    Within 90 days after registering, you should receive in the mail a Registration Acknowledgement Car from Selective Service which will provide you with a copy of your registration record. Safeguard that document since it will serve as official proof of your registration...."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

All males are required to register with the Selective Service. The only reason the Service is advertising the need is the prominent national debate on immigration.

The debate has compelled many permanent resident males to apply for citizenship, after which the necessary background checks reveal that many males did not register for the Selective Service.

Failure to register is a felony, deportable and punishable by disqualifaction from citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by had_enuf
    Well I certainly didn't know this...........

http://www.coxwashington.com/news/conte ... 8_COX.html

Margaret Stock, a lieutenant colonel in the U.S. Army Reserve and professor at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, said that a recent change in law has given the Pentagon the authority to bring immigrants to the United States to serve in the military as long as it determines that it is vital to the national interest, but that the Pentagon has not chosen such an option.
    There is indeed such a law. It is tucked into a special provision in the 2006 Defense Reauthorization Act. I doubt that the Pentagon will publicize the fact if it indeed does choose to exercise the option.

This was created in response to a growing need for Arabic and Middle Eastern translators to be embedded with U.S. military units as opposed to recruiting them in the war zone.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234