Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sen. Conrad & Manchin leaning NO. Keep calling them!

via a pro-amnesty twitter post:

NYSYLC Via @JuanSaaa Sen. Conrad is leaning NO-#DreamAct Offices:Fargo-701232-8030 Bismarck-701-258-4648 Grand Forks-701-775-9601 Minot:-701-852-0703 #fb
    about 1 hour ago via web

DreamAct Democrat from WV, Joe Manchin, leaning no on the DREAM Act vote. CALL him NOW 202-224-3954 and tell him to vote YES.
    about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

Again, this is just rumour. Until we have public statements, we have nothing to go by. If the Republicans hold firm, we're gold. If they don't, we've lost.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

We need the Democrats for insurance, though. Please tell them that they will be stabbing unemployed US workers in the back, since DREAM'ers would get ten year work permits. Manchin should know about unemployed workers! West Virginia unemployment was up to 10.5 percent this summer.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm not optimistic about Manchin at all-he seems to have become Reid's pet in record time-but he still needs to hear from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Shapka
    I'm not optimistic about Manchin at all-he seems to have become Reid's pet in record time-but he still needs to hear from us.
    Same here.

During the WV senatorial campaign didn't he try to distance himself from Obama and the national Democratic party? Sheesh. Considering that he represents a very conservative & anti-Obama state he should've released a statement opposing the DA a long time ago.

Maybe he's voting as such to obtain pork?

I really don't know what to say about him unless he wants to serve only 2 years in the senate.

I'm also calling him as we speak.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Coulrophobe
    Same here.

During the WV senatorial campaign didn't he try to distance himself from Obama and the national Democratic party? Sheesh. Considering that he represents a very conservative & anti-Obama state he should've released a statement opposing the DA a long time ago.

I really don't know what to say about him unless he wants to serve only 2 years in the senate.

He's dead meat come the next election. Nominate someone other than Raese-maybe Shelly Moore Capito-and retire him from public life.

LE,
    I hope this is correct about Sen. Conrad, although note this story from The Hill yesterday that indicates he may be supporting it:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-220716.html

Please keep calling him!

Also, a staffer who answered the phone from Sen. Landrieu's office advised that she is supporting the Dream Act amnesty (although I do not see any statement on her website). Has anyone else heard this?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I tell them the truth, I am an unemployed American who will never get a job if this passes. And since I move around between friends and relatives I don't have a permanent address.

Quote Originally Posted by Coulrophobe
    Same here.

He's dead meat come the next election. Nominate someone other than Raese-maybe Shelly Moore Capito-and retire him from public life.
    If he does support this, which I hope he doesn't, then I certainly do hope that the WV folks certainly see him for the Obama rubber stamp that he's been labeled as.

Dead meat in 2012? Maybe. Before his senate run he was one of the most popular governors but only won by a little over 10% with 53-54% of the votes against Raese who won 43-44%.

I don't know why he hasn't released a statement yet. Maybe he thinks that he can vote however he wants and avoid any political damage in exchange for whatever the Dems have offered him?

Anyway, when I contacted his office a staffer told me that Manchin is still undecided.

We need more calls to DEMAND that he doesn't support this or he'll face the WV voters' wrath in 2 years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast