Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

It keeps getting more bizarre...now they have stifled the right of the minority to object. Vitter was not given the right to object. Webb, in the Presiden'ts chair, said there was no inherent right of a Senator to object.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think they are voting now to table Hutchinson's amendment. Good work, you crooks, she was told her amendment was going to be allowed.

See, this is what they do. They make promises, then kill them.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JDPA
    How does Sen KBH think her amendment removes amnesty? The illegals are still being rewarded for the law they broke.
    I know I was thinking the same thing. Do these elitists really think we are all that stupid? I am gonna call her office again and give her a piece of my mind about that one.

Banned
    Burr was hoping to have the "cover" of the "non-amnesty" touchback amendment so he could insist that the bill is not amnesty.

Right.

See, this is what they are going to do. They said they would allow amendments. Then instead of voting on them, they vote to kill them without a vote.

I'll bet you this happens with everyone of them.

They are going to kill all the oppositions amendments this way and rail road for cloture?

I'm certainly not a follower of fashion nor a sharp dressed man...but isn't Feinstein wearing a mustard greenish-yellow colored pants suit with kind of a nehru jacket?

Yup, HTX, I'll bet you no amendments will be allowed to be voted on.

It's all a farce and a disgrace to our democratic process. Bush has sure been doing his dirty work behind the scenes. If you were not mad before, you should be livid by now.

Burr would then have to vote NO on the 2nd cloture becasue they are killing Hutchinson's amendment on the floor right now.

UPDATE; Burr just voted NO to kill the amendment, therefore he voted FOR the touchback provision amendment.

Just for everyone else tuned in here, what they are voting on at present (9:18am PT) is Hutchison's Amendment. It basically opts to 'kill' the [new?] touchback provision.

Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast