Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Great on e-mails...I can't get trough on any DC numbers..always busy. Having some success with State offices.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It is to table the Webb amendment
    <div>"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite."- James Madison, The Federalist Papers No.49</div>

My msg today:

If 12-20 million Americans stop paying taxes would the Senate introduce a bill to grant us amnesty or would they enforce the laws already on the books?

Also called DeMint and Vitter to say thanks and God Bless. Sessions phone just rings and rings.

If the plan is to table all amendments then won't that limit the debate and speed up the cloture vote?

Quote Originally Posted by JDPA
    It is to table the Webb amendment
    If Webb's poison pill amendment is killed, hopefully, he'll vote NO on 2nd cloture. If his amendment goes down, let's get on the phone to his offices.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by htxpert
    If the plan is to table all amendments then won't that limit the debate and speed up the cloture vote?
    Absolutely...the plan by the majority and backers of the bill is to keep it intact as is, jam it down our throats by Friday...and scoot off to their lavish retreats for the 4th of July holiday.

Wow, Are tehy tryin to kill all amendments ?
    "We are not for any type or form of "AMNESTY"..We are a equal oppurtunity deporter. We will not discriminate against you due to your race/age/religion .. "

They intend to kill all the amendments on both sides so as to not upset the "Grand Compromise". This should surely kill this thing.

And I think this will bring the final vote quicker.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    They intend to kill all the amendments on both sides so as to not upset the "Grand Compromise". This should surely kill this thing.

And I think this will bring the final vote quicker.
    I still say this is in our favor. Its obvious they are going to anger the people they brought to their side by "allowing amendments." For some reason I am getting a good feeling about this, and it only helps calling the offices of those up with amendments and ask "Your amendment got slammed what are you gonna vote now?"

The Bill as it stands alone will go down. Senators who have sponsored Amendments that were tabled will, no doubt, react strongly with their egos first. That's a good thing.... hopefully that will put more Senators into opposition on this Bill.
    "The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry

Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast