Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

asa

The Simple Solution To Illegal Immigration

There really is a very simple solution to the illegal immigration problem in this country. It is a multi-step process that can be accomplished in four to six months.

The process begins with a new constitutional amendment. A simple constitutional amendment could be introduced in both houses of Congress and be passed out for ratification by the states in as little as 30 days. Once the amendment goes out to be ratified then the implementing laws required for the rest of the package could be voted out of Congress with the proviso that it does not become effective unless the amendment is ratified.

The amendment consists of two simple statements:

1) No person who shall have entered the U.S. illegally shall be granted citizenship unless that individual has been granted political immunity.
    2) No person born in this country shall become a citizen by birth unless at least one parent at the time of birth shall be a legal resident or U.S. citizen.

I personally believe between 80 and 90% of the citizens of this country would immediately agree to this amendment and with that much pressure on governors and state houses the amendment should be ratified by enough states within 90 days of being submitted to the states.

During the time that the amendment is being ratified Congress can pass legislation that would secure our borders to the maximum level possible allowing us to have increased security and safety while reducing the illegal entity of persons, drugs, and contraband to the lowest level possible.

Legislation could be put in place that would provide a path to citizenship for those that have been in this country for more than five years, could pass a rigorous background check, and provide documentation that they have been contributing members of this country for at least five years.

Legislation could be put in place that would create an enforceable guest worker program. Personally, I would not be opposed to even the inclusion of a citizenship track for those that work here for periods of five years or more but that's something that could be hammered out.

Lastly, legislation could be put in place that would increase penalties for employers that hire individuals that are in this country illegally. Personally, I would like to see something like a $10,000 per illegal hire fine for a first offense and a $250,000 fine and five years for a second offense.

As you can see every major aspect of illegal immigration is addressed in this plan. Those industries that would complain that they would need the labor pool would have it in the form of the guest worker program which could be created to not only include those from south of our southern border but workers from others parts of the world as well. The major enticers would be removed reducing the draw for people to attempt to entry illegally plus increased border security would reduce it even further.

The issue of anchor babies goes away permanently taking away the incentive for illegals to come here to have babies.

It really is a solution in a nut shell.

1) No person who shall have entered the U.S. illegally shall be granted citizenship unless that individual has been granted political immunity.
    I disagree with number one, it should read: no one who has entered illegally shall be granted legal status period.

Let's not beat around the bush, illegal aliens could care less about US citizenship, they just want legal status to continue to receive handouts and jobs.

Fining employers who hire illegals is fine by me, but why is everyone ignoring the now unemployed illegal aliens? They are to be rewarded with legal status? Umm NO, they must be deported.

We've already had 7 amnesties since 1986 and no enforcement. Enforcement of immigration laws is the only thing that's broken, so let's fix it. NO amnesty/pathway to citizenship/dream act/earning legal status/assimilation immigration or whatever new name they come up with.

ENFORCE THE LAWS WE ALREADY HAVE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Welcome to ALIPAC asa

but no pathway to citizenship to any illegals...do away with the double standards
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

asa wrote,
    When you apply a nut cracker to the nut shell, then you can smell and taste the meat.

miguelina wrote,
    ENFORCE THE LAWS WE ALREADY HAVE!!!
    Damn nutshells are always getting in the way!

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    asa wrote,
    When you apply a nut cracker to the nut shell, then you can smell and taste the meat.

miguelina wrote,
    [quote:djv0fljb]ENFORCE THE LAWS WE ALREADY HAVE!!!
    Damn nutshells are always getting in the way![/quote:djv0fljb]

Way to go Roundabout and miguelina. You 2 cracked that nut pretty fast.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

cool

I am sending letters to all my congressmen in VA to propose an AZ styled law on immigration enforcement. I just wish there was more I could do to further the protection of my country. I love America - I feel some of my stoner friends are finally coming around to the reality of our situation. It's awesome. Tragically, as they voted for Obama (or McCain for that matter) and other politicians who supported national suicide, they now find "hey, maybe change isn't such a great thing!"

asa
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Really appreciate it. Question--considering that people especially Americans have a tendency to have a lot of compassion--wouldn't it be better to allow for some acceptable passion in return for support of the solution?

Oh, BTW the biggest hurdle that AZ is going to have is whether states can legally enforce Federal laws. The issue that it will come down to in Federal court is whether individual states have the right to enforce Federal law. My guess is that the current judiciary is going to rule against the states.

It is one thing for the Feds to ask for assistance in enforcing the Fed law but it is something different when a state decides on its own that it will start enforcing Fed law.

As far as the Border Patrol is concerned all the issues raised by the Illegals supporters was ruled on by the Supreme Court in 1975. The fourth amendment does allow for the stopping and checking of the citizenship of person by the Border Patrol as long as they have reasonable grounds to suspect them of being in this country illegally. Sixteen people that appear to be of Mexican descent crammed into a sedan is reasonable grounds.

Basically, the concepts behind SB1070 are constitutionally sound but the only unknown is whether a state has a right to arbitrarily decide to enforce Fed immigration law.

If you think I might not be hot in support of SB1070, I appeared before the LA City Council this morning. You can check out the video on youtube at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD6TxQkJBQw.

Nuttin' too it, USPatriot. Just a nutter day in the woods. Damn,...feeling kinda squirrely. Think I'm gonna switch to boiled peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    Nuttin' too it, USPatriot. Just a nutter day in the woods. Damn,...feeling kinda squirrely. Think I'm gonna switch to boiled peanuts.
    I love boiled peanuts.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Great job asa. That was you in the video?

Does the state of Arizona have the right to enforce it's own laws? 1070 does not supersede Federal immigration law, it mirrors it. 1070 was way over due. I support state's rights and look forward to taking back more of those rights that the feds have hijacked and convinced the citizens of this country that they and only they have authority on issues that may be contentious to the mind numbed amongst us.

Is it not time to enforce the laws that are on the books?[/quote]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast