Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Texadcowgirl wrote:
    Quote:
    I don't know what is going to happen if they get amnesty. I think there will be some serious problems maintaining the peace if that happens.

American girl wrote:I don't know. The amnesty they got in 1986 seemed to pass by unnoticed by most Americans.
    In 1986 - 9 11 had not occured. The Patriot Act had not been passed and our streets were not filled with Mexican flags held by people who were sending sovereign citizens of the United States back to Europe. It was also presented as the "final" cure for the problem.
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

americangirl,

Tell your coworker to pull his head out of his wacko liberal tailpipe.

I can't believe anyone thinks we should start learning Spanish. What a bunch of crap!

I'm ready for some diversity too! I want the illegal aliens to start heading South instead of North. I want them to start leaving instead of coming. I want the illegals to stop whining and start accepting that we want them out of our country. That's real diversity!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

In 1986 - 9 11 had not occured. The Patriot Act had not been passed and our streets were not filled with Mexican flags held by people who were sending sovereign citizens of the United States back to Europe. It was also presented as the "final" cure for the problem.
    Not to mention the numbers. The numbers we are talking about now and in the future overwhelm exponentially what was considered in 1986. Of course many of our politicians know that.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Americangirl, I work daily with Mexicans (and at least one from Central America). One of them had the audacity to tell the owner she needs to learn Spanish because she hires so many "ladies"(why do they always call each other "ladies", cuz they're really not ladylike?) that speak Spanish. I gently told her, "No, this is the United States and English is our language. The "ladies" need to learn English." >>>>blank stare
    Americans First!

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeOfTheBrave
    Americangirl, I work daily with Mexicans (and at least one from Central America). One of them had the audacity to tell the owner she needs to learn Spanish because she hires so many "ladies"(why do they always call each other "ladies", cuz they're really not ladylike?) that speak Spanish. I gently told her, "No, this is the United States and English is our language. The "ladies" need to learn English." >>>>blank stare
    We don't need to learn spanish. You need to go home.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Dixie I would never really disagree with you - but I think we need to rethink the idea of not learning Spanish.

I liked your story about the two ladies and the water sprinklers.

I believe there will be instances that it will be a life saving thing. It is a hard process for me since I am old as dirt and am self-consious about my pronounciation - especially since my husband 'talks it like a Mexican' (their words). I am trying very hard to learn it - not to accomodate them - not to get a job - and not to be 'nice' - just as self-preservation. I just want to know what they are saying and what they are planning. It could come in very handy.

I think the times are going to get tougher and meaner.
    They will get tougher if they get amnesty - but boy, it will be Katy bar the door, if they don't and they begin getting deported. Either scenario, we are in for some trouble - I think.

As unpalatable as it may be to consider, if our children don't speak Spanish, they are going to be on the low end of the totem pole in the job market when it comes their time. They already have a tough row to hoe , but not speaking and understanding Spanish is going to be a huge drawback.

That doesn't make it right - it does make one gag - but it is something we need to consider.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oops, finger spasm. I didn't quite finish.

You are right, NoIllegalsAllowed, they should go home. And I did tell her that when she gave me the blank stare.

nntrixie, the Spanish taught in schools isn't the same as the dialect Mexicans speak. We hired someone who recently had two years of Spanish in high school and she couldn't converse with the Mexicans until she worked with them awhile and learned from them. I'm not against learning how to speak Mexican just to know what they're saying and can figure out one word at a time but they spew them so rapid fire it's hard to catch each word. Plus, I'm old, too! But I do refuse to learn it just so they don't have to learn English!!
    Americans First!

Dixie wrote:
    I'm ready for some diversity too! I want the illegal aliens to start heading South instead of North. I want them to start leaving instead of coming. I want the illegals to stop whining and start accepting that we want them out of our country. That's real diversity!
    Yea, let them diversify down there in Central America. We've got all the diversity we can handle right here.

NoIllegalsAllowed wrote:
    We don't need to learn spanish. You need to go home.
    Amen to that, brother and patriot!

Conjecture:
    IF things got to be a real mess (like they aren't already!) and the next Congress built a wall, I can just see all of the violence committed to bringing down the wall. The Mexican people would be willing to go to war to bring that wall down. The illegals here already would help. We would be attacked from both sides of our own border. Have our leaders even thought of this happenning? Is that why they won't build the wall? The US would have to defend the wall. Scarey to think this actually could happen. But it seems to me the only way to stop them because Bush won't stand up to Vincente. THEN WE WOULDN'T NEED THE WALL...IF BUSH STOOD UP TO VINCENTE.

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Dixie I would never really disagree with you - but I think we need to rethink the idea of not learning Spanish.

I liked your story about the two ladies and the water sprinklers.
    What! Disagree with me!

Actually, I know what you are saying. Everyone of my kids have taken Spanish. I took German because I refused to learn Spanish. I'll just use my kids to translate. The difference, my kids are adults and not anchor babies.

Your right, many jobs are going to bi-linguals. That's business doing us in. Got to communicate with their illegal customers.

Those ladies were so funny. I bet they have many more tales to tell.

Dixie

Hey Home, I realize what you are saying about Spanish in school.

Here they must take 2 years of Spanish in high school. Neither my son nor my daughter can converse in Spanish. My daughter is a little better as she is a singer and sometimes has to sing in Spanish - and she is very good with languages.

Kids need to be taught conversational Spanish. It could be done in the lower grades with no added cost. Just have the children teach each other the language. If you had one day that English only was spoken at recess, lunch, etc., and the English speaking would teach the Spanish speaking - and the next day vice versa, it will only be a short time until all were speaking each other's language and at no cost to taxpayers. Of course, that won't happen - everything has to cost a gazillion dollars or it can't work.

Now in a perfect world, it would not be necessary - but believe me, most of us don't have a clue what they are saying behind our backs - or to our faces for that matter.

At a 6 year old soccer game, the Mexican parents were telling their children, in Spanish, to trip, hit, pull the shirt, elbow, etc., the other players. The coaches and parents didn't know what was going on. I told my husband (a little hard of hearing) to listen to what they were yelling. When he realized what was being said, he told my son, who jumped up and yelled, 'Stop the game'. He told the coaches and the referee (Mexican) that if the game didn't proceed correctly it was over and he was contacting the soccer association.

Everything got quiet and my husband yelled out the word the illegals used to use in the fields to warn of the approaching INS agents!!! That was a nice group for the rest of the game.

As I said, I am afraid things are going to get really bad regardless of whether they get amnesty or not.

It makes me want to find a hole for my family and pull it in after us.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast