Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Surprising Ron Paul Sparks A Movement

Surprising Ron Paul Sparks A Movement
    GOP Presidential Hopeful Has Fervent Followers And A Message Whose Resonance Surprises Even Him
    PLYMOUTH, N.H., Dec. 21, 200

(CBS) His progress has been as gradual as a tortoise on ice, but Ron Paul can no longer be dismissed as the favorite of the fringe, reports CBS News correspondent Dean Reynolds.

Unlike other candidates consigned to the periphery, Paul has refused to go away. He is now in a tie for third in Iowa with supposed top-tier hopefuls.

And in live-free-or-die New Hampshire, he believes his anti-Iraq war, anti-tax, pro-freedom message with its libertarian tinge may resonate.

"People are flocking to the campaign," says Paul. "Maybe they've been starved for a campaign like this."

Paul's trip to Plymouth was promising: one woman told Reynolds that he was following the next president.

"Absolutely! No doubt," she says.

Paul's supporters are fervent - almost feverish - both on the ground and online.

He has used the Internet to drum up the bulk of an eye-popping 18 million dollars in this quarter alone from what he says are frustrated members of both parties and first-time voters. If money talks, Ron Paul is shouting.

"I am surprised," Paul says. "But I'm disappointed that I am surprised. Why shouldn't this be a popular message? Why was I pessimistic?"

He adds: "Why do we assume that everybody wants the status quo? And evidently they don't."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/12/ ... tpop_story
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Paul is weak on immigration
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-95435-.html

and just plain nutty when it comes to foreign policy.

Paul doesn't have a modicum of understanding about what Islam is all about nor any idea that Allah instructs his followers to lie, cheat, steal, and kill to convert the whole world to Islam. He wouldn't have a clue on what the Islamic doctrine of abrogation is all about.

Ron Paul would pull our military from all foreign lands, cut off all military funding, and actually believes that if we simply IGNORE Islamic countries, that Muslims will suddenly stop following the teachings of Mohammed, that they'll throw their Qur'ans away, and that they will then gather around the camp fire with the infidels (us!) to sing Kumbaya.

Paul believes it's "none of our business" whether or not countries like Iran and Syria develop nuclear weapons. Paul believes Islamic "radicals" hate the United States because we're in Iraq, completely ignoring the fact that the Qur'an specifically teaches Muslims to murder all infidels (non-believers) and wage war upon them wherever they live. Paul doesn't even seem know the history of the Muslim attacks against the USA BEFORE we were in Iraq, let alone all the Miuslim attacks against people whose countries have nothing to do with Iraq..

Ron Paul may have a few good ideas on immigration but they are coming from an isolationist bunker mentality.

Thompson is much stronger on illegal immigration and Hunter is the head of the field now that Tancredo has dropped out. And neither of them are nutty.

Quote Originally Posted by PFWAG
    Paul is weak on immigration
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-95435-.html

and just plain nutty when it comes to foreign policy.

Paul doesn't have a modicum of understanding about what Islam is all about nor any idea that Allah instructs his followers to lie, cheat, steal, and kill to convert the whole world to Islam. He wouldn't have a clue on what the Islamic doctrine of abrogation is all about.

Ron Paul would pull our military from all foreign lands, cut off all military funding, and actually believes that if we simply IGNORE Islamic countries, that Muslims will suddenly stop following the teachings of Mohammed, that they'll throw their Qur'ans away, and that they will then gather around the camp fire with the infidels (us!) to sing Kumbaya.

Paul believes it's "none of our business" whether or not countries like Iran and Syria develop nuclear weapons. Paul believes Islamic "radicals" hate the United States because we're in Iraq, completely ignoring the fact that the Qur'an specifically teaches Muslims to murder all infidels (non-believers) and wage war upon them wherever they live. Paul doesn't even seem know the history of the Muslim attacks against the USA BEFORE we were in Iraq, let alone all the Miuslim attacks against people whose countries have nothing to do with Iraq..

Ron Paul may have a few good ideas on immigration but they are coming from an isolationist bunker mentality.

Thompson is much stronger on illegal immigration and Hunter is the head of the field now that Tancredo has dropped out. And neither of them are nutty.
    If you believe fightinh them, over there -prevents us being attacked, your wrong. I woildn't give yoiu a nickel for the entirt middle east. They can keep their oil and all their sand. If we pulled out tomarrow, I would be grateful.

Wy do we need to stay in Iraq for another 50 years ?

Why do we need to stay in Korea or Germany ?

The USSR is dissolved. We won the Cold WAR. It's time for European Union to FULLY defend itself.

Why do we need to waste more than 700 BILLION is Iraq ?
    Spend it on social security, health care, or education.

Banned
    Hey PFWAG,

Why don't you quit spamming the boards with the same damned 3 paragraphs over and over. Is the Romney campaign paying you for this crap?

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    Hey PFWAG,

Why don't you quit spamming the boards with the same damned 3 paragraphs over and over. Is the Romney campaign paying you for this crap?
    You mean like some of your dribble? Actually, with Tancredo out I would normally be a Hunter guy but he doesn't have a chance so I've switched to Thompson with the HOPE that he sees the light on illegal immigration and toughens his stand even more.

BTW, I'm the only one who bothered to tabulate the stand of the candidates on illegal immigration providing information for people to make an intelligent choice rather than just offering OPINIONS. I also provided all the links enabling people to separate the BS from the actual facts. You could have done both too but didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    www.ronpaul2008.com
    I forgot:

Or are you just put off that your guy comes out so weak on illegal immigration and can't back up your rhetoric? Or maybe you have started the Paul drug legalization plan a bit early?

I agree. It is time Europe starts taking care of itself. Why is it necessary for the U.S. to use our taxpayer dollars to develop and build new military equipment and then use it for their protection? Protection from what? Europe is being eaten alive from the inside out by muslims.
    And there's not a d--- thing we can do about it. They allow muslims to keep pouring in, and they ARE taking over.

Unfortunately, even Ron Paul is not going to be able to withdraw all the troops from the Iraq area.

The biggest reason countries like S. Korea and Germany want us around, is for the billions of dollars pouring into their economies. It's time we bring a lot of our troops home and use them to protect THIS COUNTRY.

MW
    Paul believes it's "none of our business" whether or not countries like Iran and Syria develop nuclear weapons.
    Yep, and such a ridiculous position will reverse our efforts to halt the proliferation of nuclear weapons. Without a doubt, an increase in countries with nuclear weapons will enhance the possibility of nuclear warfare. I can't see how anyone could support a non-intervention policy where the proliferation of nuclear weapons are concerned. IMO, a Ron Paul presidency would make the world a much more dangerous place for years to come.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote(a Ron Paul presidency would make the world a much more dangerous place for years to come.)quote:

I disagree completely, we have been the worlds police force since ww2 and have made more enemies then less. Simply with continued loss of our manufacturing plants, outsourcing, importing of illegal slave labor we cannot, should not police the world, rather a super strong defense and when necessary hit with overpowering force but not remain in country to rebuild our enemy. The world has change folks and if we don't change very fast countries like China will buy us out and take over without firing a shot.
    I will vote for Paul either as a Republican or third party.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    . Simply with continued loss of our manufacturing plants, outsourcing, importing of illegal slave labor we cannot, rather a super strong defense and when necessary hit with overpowering force but not remain in country to rebuild our enemy. The world has change folks and if we don't change very fast countries like China will buy us out and take over without firing a shot.
    Ron Paul's plan for TRUE FREE TRADE with no tariffs will cause more job lost and no taxes will make for a weak defense.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast