Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I've never heard of that. In my world single payer means individual pays versus group plan where someone other than the beneficiary pays.

Trump doesn't support a government paid plan for all, only for poor people and of course Medicare for Seniors.
    You're obviously living in a different world than the rest of us.

Excerpt:

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump says Obamacare is a disaster, yet he continues to publicly support the idea of a national single-payer health care system for the United States.

In a single-payer system, the government is the sole insurance company, thus becoming the “single payer” of all health-insurance claims.
    http://news.heartland.org/newspaper-...t-single-payer

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh I probably am in another world, because health insurance has never been a big issue of concern for me. I had insurance when I worked for the state and a major corporation. When I started my own business, I purchased my own with a huge deductible, and reimbursed employees who bought their own through Blue Cross Blue Shield half of their premium cost up to the maximum coverage available for them, most had 90% coverage. It was no big deal.

What I didn't like about the Obama Care were issues like the individual mandate, the employer mandates, and the government devising the plans. I mean it's totally ludicrous for these politicians and government hacks to come up with anything anyone would be happy with because they're all idiots to start with. Any policy based on "stakeholders" is going to stick you. One might think "stakeholder" is the customer paying for it, but it's not, the stakeholders are the business entities receiving the insurance and hospital payments. So it wasn't about the people, it was about politics and the businesses, most of them not-for-profit "charities".

As for Trump, I don't think he supports Obama Care, he says he wants to repeal it and replace it with a better system that includes private plans for most and of course government paid arrangements for the poor uninsured. To my knowledge, he's not developed a plan yet just said generally private free market plans for most, government funded plans for the poor.
    Last edited by Judy; 02-01-2016 at 03:23 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12