Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BillCunnane
    Report from Joplin is there is a counter protest planned. Facebook has had over 13,000 responses to the counter protest. Joplin police are also prepared to handle Westboro and any other protest actions today. Westboro plans to start their pickets and protest action at 1pm today.

Just got this off Facebook...I assume it's accurate....

W T F of Arizona.
    Toomer's for Tuscaloosa
    From Road Talk: Just got word that a Group of Truckers have Blocked in the Westboro Baptist Church group Headed to Protest in Joplin at a flying J truck stop...War Damn Eagle! Roll Trucks Roll! We love our Truckers over here! (This took place early, early this morning, thanks Dawn for posting). Yet, the word from Joplin also is that those families are needing help with funerals for their lost loved ones. Yet those supposed "God fearing" Westboro people want to protest???? That's a big W T F? - Sheryl

Westboro Baptist members are a bunch of hate-mongering lunatics hiding behind the guise of a "church". They personally make me sick. Guess these self-imporant, self-righteous morons don't think that the time is going to come for God to judge THEM and I don't think He is going to look favorably on their twisting around his Word to serve their own sick purposes. If the media would stop giving them the attention they desperately crave, maybe they'll get the hint and go away.
    "I'd rather be perceived as the biggest nerd and eventually be successful than as the coolest person and achieve nothing."

Banned
    The bulk of the media actually did not even mention the proposed demonstration. People are getting tired of Westboro and their actions. By toning down coverage it may avoid some bloodshed as some day Westboro is gonna push the wrong buttons in the wrong town.

I was wondering if they have any balls to protest at the following locations:

1. At an MS-13 Funeral frequented by active gang members
    2. At a funeral where the family is known to have links to the Mafia
    3. At any predominantly Black or Hispanic funeral

Or if they just like to annoy people that they know won't fight back or shut them up.

Just wonderin'

Banned
    I made a seperate post. Seems some of Westboro went to Arlington and started to protest there and were greeted by counter protests that included members of the KKK who are in support of our troops. Wonder if Westboro wants to get the Klan upset?

You know what's really bad? There's always some crackpot out there who wants to lump everybody of the same group together, blaming the entire group for the actions of a few-like if some whites commit a hate crime, all whites in generations afterward need to be punished-if some people misrepresent Christianity and do something bad in the Name of Jesus, all real Christians are to be considered terrorists-if some Jewish rabbi says they're out to eliminate white people, then all Jews must be viewed with suspicion-it's all ridiculous and we need to protest things like this when they happen, especially in the light of innocent people possibly losing their civil rights in the future just because people erroneously "assumed" they were evil because of ethnic, political or religious affiliation.

Or if they just like to annoy people that they know won't fight back or shut them up.
    I think you hit it on that one. Athiests love to annoy Christians and watch them get all "butt-hurt" by their nasty comments. I don't see why these evil doers and their so called "church" would think any different.

....and NO I'm not saying athiests are evil, but some of them seem to get off on mocking people humble enough to believe in a power higher than themselves...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    A time will come when this group will answer to God Himself.....In the meantime, not one American needs to be a doormat for these cretans to wipe their dirty, you-know-what covered feet on.

I suppose the people who have been subjected to this vile group knows when they are nearby by the smell of excrement.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    I think you hit it on that one. Athiests love to annoy Christians and watch them get all "butt-hurt" by their nasty comments. I don't see why these evil doers and their so called "church" would think any different.

....and NO I'm not saying athiests are evil, but some of them seem to get off on mocking people humble enough to believe in a power higher than themselves...
    Key work is "some". I can easily say the same thing about religious folk. Some of them mock others for not accepting the "truth" as they see it, or atheists for simply not blindly accepting something just because. It all comes down to the individual, whether they were taught to respect others' view of reality or not.

Quote Originally Posted by tassadar
    Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal

Key work is "some". I can easily say the same thing about religious folk. Some of them mock others for not accepting the "truth" as they see it, or atheists for simply not blindly accepting something just because. It all comes down to the individual, whether they were taught to respect others' view of reality or not.
    I agree totally however it has not been my experience that "religious folk" have mocked an athiest. I've only seen them either love them anyway or just feel sorry for them....not to say it hasn't happened tho. Most Christians expect non believers to question God (in fact God welcomes our questions). At worst the two groups just get frustrated with each other.

Welcome to Alipac by the way.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast