Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thanks, April.

"Thank you for the message regarding the serious issue of illegal immigration. At this time there is no legislation that I am aware of that deals with this issue, except perhaps to strengthen the security of Idaho driver's licenses, which I support. In the event the issue becomes a legislative priority, I will keep your concerns and information in mind. My sense is that there are too many other pressing issues for the legislature to undertake any major action on illegal immigration, especially since the prevailing view is that it is mainly a federal issue."

Sincerely,

Rep. George Sayler

This is what I'm going to tell dear George:

Dear Representative Sayler:

I must say that your response enclosed here to my letter below, is baffling to say the least, which makes me wonder if you read my letter in its entirety. Although strengthening the Idaho driver’s licenses is important, it will not do much from preventing illegal aliens from living here in Idaho, which they currently are doing right now. As a Representative of Idaho, it should cause you great concern to know that we have a large number of illegal aliens living right here under our noses without knowing anything about their backgrounds, which, I might add is something we cannot find out unless we enforce our immigration laws. And I didn’t just pull these statistics out of a hat. I did my research. The 240,000 illegal alien sex offenders I refer to in my letter below do not all live on an enclosed compound away from the public. They are scattered all over the United States. The 25 American citizens’ lives we lose everyday don’t all happen in the south, either. These criminals are not choosy who their victims are. They could be your grandchildren, or mine. If you feel there are more pressing issues than protecting the citizens of this state, then please let me know. As for the issue of enforcing our immigration laws being the job of the federal government, again you must not have read my letter where I document the 287g provision in the 1996 Immigration and Nationality Act that gives each state the right to do just that regardless of the prevailing view. Illegal immigration is a rapidly growing problem and I think I should tell you that I have my teeth in this issue and I’m not letting go of it until I see that it’s brought under control, especially here in Idaho where my family and I live. I am currently checking with all the law enforcement agencies of Idaho to see how many illegal alien criminals we have in Idaho, and so far I’ve been told there have been some right here in Kootenai county, Now, you can ignore this problem or you can get on board and help this state government correct this problem before it gets completely out of control, but either way, I intend to take all the steps necessary to ensure this problem does not grow in my state.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    George needs to get real, if he wants to keep his job. Same old politician cop out!

Great response to George's cop out!

Yeah, well, George better watch it! He lives right here in my district and I've got a mean voting finger.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Yeah, well, George better watch it! He lives right here in my district and I've got a mean voting finger.
    YOU GO GIRL!!!

And the letters just keep coming from these folks. Check this out. Boy, she don't know what kind of can of worms she opened with this statement.

Thank you for your comments (my Name). Do you have specific
    recommendations
    for state action?
    Wendy Jaquet

Rep. Wendy Jaquet
    House of Representatives
    House Democratic Leader
    Work: (20 332-1130
    Home: (20 726-3100
    Work Fax: (20 334-5397
    Home Fax: (20 726-0674

That's a great letter, and some of the responses make me feel hopeful for Idaho. All is not lost.

Thanks, Saki. I'm posting the responses as I get them so everyone can see how this thing is going to play out. There's about 100 in Idaho congress so I expect a lot of replies from them. Can't top the first one, though, where Rep. Clark called me from the House floor before I was even finished sending them. Boy, that surprised me. I was going, 'ah . . .uh . . uh huh . . ." into the phone. Just kidding! I handled it okay.

Sounds like an open invitation to lay out your/our shopping list to me...

Lay those suggestions on her...

tinybob: What you did in writing and sending this letter, is you found and 'struck the nerve' of legislators and have been receiving some very thoughtful responses and interest. ...This is a VERY useful thing for all of us to know (thanks - I'm tweaking my own version here in the next few minutes).

Great letter Tiny!!

I will be working on mine tomorrow, also got some others here in Idaho to work on letters to. One is going to start letters tomorrow on the laws passed in OK and AZ, so thats good. I will work on Cost to Americans, the new estimated 38 million, etc. I also forwarded a copy of your letter you sent to me, so they did not duplicate the same information.

Then they said they would co-ordinate letters to the editor with us so we can keep 2 a week hitting the papers in different area's, May be we can get more people writing congress this way. If nothing else we will make them mad as hell.

That Sayler is to much he's got to go, at least he answered you and not a form letter like we always get back from Craig, Crapo and Sali

Way to go tiny your letter is fantastic!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast