Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Today on Yahoo News, An Abominable Ad in Spanish....

by Charmin, the toilet paper company! I just wrote them an email saying I will not be buying their products anymore unless they stop the ads, and that the American majority prefers English alone spoken in public. The only exception I'd take is if it were a Native American or other truly indigenous language of the U.S., and we all know that's not going to happen.

Can you share their e-mail address with us? I'd have a thing or two to say myself.

Illegals are the only ones who can afford "Charmin" these days, the rest of us have to use "Scarmin"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Have you seen the commercial on TV where a young girl sings "Feliz Navidad"? Afterwards she sings it in English. Why not English first? Spanish is being shoved down our throats.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
    Have you seen the commercial on TV where a young girl sings "Feliz Navidad"? Afterwards she sings it in English. Why not English first? Spanish is being shoved down our throats.
    ​I have seen the advert I just don't recall the English part. Maybe they don't show the English part in Arizona.

Kiara, the email addy for Charmin is http://pg.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/p/59/c/0 and Proctor and Gamble owns them. I notice P & G often sends bilingual coupons in my local Sunday paper, too.

Lexus also had a Spanish ad online on an English language website, and I protested on their website also. http://www.lexus.com/contact/

I gues the "Feliz Navidad" comes from the song by Jose Feliciano of the same name that was first released when Spanish was just another foreign language in the U.S. and not a threat to our unity yet....but now I'm sick of hearing the knock-offs of that song....and seeing "Feliz Navidad" in a sign in a neighbor's window (and the same words in English were nowhere to be found, I might add) amidst their Christmas display didn't exactly warm my heart either...it just made me feel a little more like a foreigner in my own country.

Banned
    I dont use Charmin cause it swells up and clogs your pipes. My sister used to have a septic tank and the guy told her not to use it. However i will e-mail the traitors and tell them that myself and my family wont be buying their product anymore. I went to Lowes once and was so mad about everything in the store written in spanish and English that I told the manager I was not going to buy my washer and dryer there. I acually just went in there for a kitchen knife. Oh well. I have seen the bi-lingual coupons too. Numbers in spanish are the same as in English, like 25 in spanish is 25 in English. So what is their point? The idiot illegals cant figure out 25 cents? It has to say 25 centavos? Oh I love your avatar Sacred, after I damn near jumped out of my seat when i first saw it.

Ahh! Charmin the "Toilet Paper of the Gods" very soft, no resistance! Before illegals showed up, we used to use "Charmin" now it's "Swipe-n-wipe"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Melody is a goodole paper made in the U.S.A...Crap.! Hecho En E.U.A.? Fontana, Caif. What ya gonna do?
    What s a "Charmin"? Sounds like a southern gal...
    Put espanol back where it belongs. Americans learn and speak English! Thats why our Stop signs read STOP not Alto !
    All we can do is stay on their back sides!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
    I hate that commercial. I'm an American Hispanic and I know some Spanish mainly because my family has lived in New Mexico for 16 generations and many people still speak a 17th century Spanish dialect in some parts of New Mexico. The reason I learned some Spanish was because my family taught it to me.

I hate that the Spanish language is being shoved down all of our throats. There should be no Spanish language commericals or print advertisements. Many American Hispanics actually want English to be the official language.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast