Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Tonight's Mitt Romney and Obama Debate

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I couldn't agree more, illegal immigrants have NO business what so ever in our elections...
    There was a moment during the debate last night when i almost chocked on my dinner...It was when Obama mentioned something about America being "A country built on laws"....those probably aren't his exact words...but close...and they almost chocked me to death! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican View Post
    The "Dreamers" have injected themselves into an issue that is really is none of their business to comment on. They have no stake in the elections of this country. They are not "productive" undocumented citizens, they are foreign nationals and citizens of another country that are piggybacking their livelihood off of the backs of US citizens while their parents send money "home" and support their real home country.

The majority have lived off of US taxpayers since they crossed the border, illegally stealing opportunities for legal kids.

They don't get a vote so they should just shut up and watch from the sidelines or go home and watch from their own country They only want a ticket for "more". thieves and crooks. If they do vote to influence the outcome of the elections, they should be jailed and deported. JMO
    I agree. Yet by being pandered too, allowed access to our Legislative Offices and being told they are our future they feel they have every right to put their two cents into our elections. They have been treated as victims and at the same time the elite in this country. Our government ignores the struggles of American kids trying to get an education or job and caters to the illegal young. They have been taught they and their parents are above American laws. They have learned that nothing is theirs or their parents fault. They have learned it is ok to break laws they don't like. It is ok to lie or steal because they are the elite victims. Really is this America's future?

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post
    Obama wants to pass Comprehensive Immigration Reform Amnesty for most illegal aliens. You should know that and it puzzles me why you act like you don't. Do you need me to post a long list of links for you to refresh your memory on what Obama promised to do on immigration?If Obama was pushing his Immigration promise right now do you think anyone here would be for it?Come on MW. I know you want to cheer lead for Romney, but don't act like you suddenly dont know what Obama's plans for illegal immigrants are.W
    Of course I know Obama wants amnesty for most illegal aliens. You misunderstood my point. What I was attempting to say was, Romney did not attack Obama for not passing amnesty, he attacked him for not keeping his word on dealing with illegal immigration. It was you that said Romney attacked him for not passing amnesty. I read your comment to suggest that Romney supports amnesty just like Obama does. If I'm wrong on that count, I apologize.

Perhaps Newmexican did a better job of explaining my point:

From above.

The kids of those that came here illegally, those kids, I think, should have a pathway to become a permanent resident of the United States and military service, for instance, is one way they would have that kind of pathway to become a permanent resident. ROMNEY: Now when the president ran for office, he said that he'd put in place, in his first year, a piece of legislation -- he'd file a bill in his first year that would reform our -- our immigration system, protect legal immigration, stop illegal immigration. He didn't do it.

As for knowing Obama's plans and intentions, I'd say I'm just as knowledgeable on the topic as anyone. My goal is to get Obama out of the White House. I'd much rather be fighting Romney on the issue than I would Obama, especially since Romney already supports many of the same things we do.
    Last edited by MW; 10-17-2012 at 08:49 AM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    The eyes of the nation were on the state of Colorado last night as the 1st Presidential Debate was held at the University of Denver. Romney supporters think he won last night. Obama supporters believe the president won the debate. What do you think? Answer the Good Morning Guys Web Question of the Day!
    Thank you for voting!

President Obama 27.22%

Mitt Romney 66.26%

There was no clear winner 6.52%

Comments (0)
    Return To Poll

Who Won the Presidential Debate Last Night? [POLL]

Daily poll: Who won last night's town hall presidential debate?

By The Jersey Journal The Jersey Journal
    on October 17, 2012 at 5:10 AM, updated October 17, 2012 at 8:24 AM Email | Print

Foursquare
    Email
    Foursquare
    Email

Brought to you by

President Barack Obama greets Republican challenger Mitt Romney before last night's town hall debate at Hofstra University. AP photo
    President Barack Obama bounced back from his first debate debacle, but judging from the early returns on last night's town hall-type debate, the jury was still out on who came out on top.
    It's almost as if people watched two different debates. Maybe that's the feeling we get by watching some post-debate Fox News coverage, along with everyone else's coverage.
    Romney supporters say that Obama lied about a number of issues that came up in the debate, including Libya and the drilling for oil on public lands.
    An aggressive Obama accused Romney of favoring a "one-point plan" to help the rich in America and playing politics with the recent deadly terrorist attack in Libya.
    Romney pushed back, saying that under Obama, the middle class "has been crushed over the last four years." And that 23 million Americans are struggling to find work.

Thank you for voting!

Obama 41.02% (1,580 votes)

Romney 58.98% (2,272 votes)

Total Votes: 3,852

Return To Poll

The president was feistier from the outset than he had been in their initial encounter two weeks ago, when he turned in a listless performance that sent shudders through his supporters and helped fuel a rise by Romney in opinion polls nationally and in some battleground states.
    Obama and Romney disagreed, forcefully and repeatedly — about taxes, measures to reduce the deficit, energy, pay equity for women and health care as well as foreign policy across 90 minutes of a town-hall style debate.
    Immigration prompted yet another clash, Romney saying Obama had failed to pursue the comprehensive legislation he promised at the dawn of his administration, and the president saying Republican obstinacy made a deal impossible.
    Romney gave as good as he got.
    "You'll get your chance in a moment. I'm still speaking," the former Massachusetts governor said at one point while Obama was mid-sentence, drawing a gasp from the audience. He said the president's policies had failed to jumpstart the economy and had cramped energy production.

Post-debate polls split, deny Obama clear victory

12:22 AM 10/17/2012

Post-debate instant polls split over who won Tuesday night’s second presidential debate, possibly marking a failure by President Barack Obama to counter Gov. Mitt Romney’s victory in their first head-to-head contest.
    The instant polls, however, will be overshadowed by more routine polls taken over the next few days by Gallup, Pew, Rasmussen and other polling firms.
    According to a post-debate check of 525 uncommitted voters surveyed by CBS, “56% of uncommitted voters say [President] Obama would do a better job helping the middle class; 43% say Romney would.”

But the CBS respondents also said Romney would manage the economy better.
    CBS tweeted shortly after the debate that “65% thought Romney would do a better job on the economy (down from 71% [before the debate]); 34% said Pres Obama would (up from 27%).”
    A CNN poll of debate-watchers said 46 percent gave the victory to Obama, while 39 percent said Romney took the win.
    Neither candidate won a majority of respondents’ votes. CNN’s respondents were evenly divided among Republicans, Democrats and independents.
    CNN’s poll of registered voters suggested that Romney won across the board — albeit slightly — on a series of specific issues.

Forty-nine percent said Romney was a strong leader, compared to 46 percent for Obama. Forty-nine percent said Romney would better handle health care, versus 46 percent for Obama.
    Romney scored 51 percent approval on taxes, and 59 percent on the deficit, compared to 44 percent and 36 percent for Obama, respectively.
    A poll of 438 debate-watching Colorado independents by Public Policy Polling reported that 37 percent said they will be more likely to vote for Obama after the debate, versus 36 percent for Romney. Forty percent of the Colorado watchers said their opinion of Obama improved during the debate, while 44 percent said their opinion of Romney rose.
    A CNN panel of what the network said were 35 undecided Ohio voters favored Romney slightly, 18 to 17. The poll “was basically a draw,” said CNN’s Wolf Blitzer.
    “Romney was not damaged [and] I not sure he was slowed down at all,” said Alex Castellanos, a GOP commentator.
    Van Jones, a progressive activist and Obama’s former “green jobs czar,” chimed in that “I think [Obama] did stop the momentum” of voters clamoring towards Romney.
    The former Massachusetts governor won the Oct. 3 debate in Denver so conclusively that almost half the Democrats who viewed it declared Romney the victor.
    Since then, Romney’s poll ratings have climbed steadily, putting him ahead of Obama in several large polls.
    Several Democratic legislators, however, declared that Obama won the second debate. “I think whatever ground the president lost in the first debate he more than made up for in this debate,” New York Sen. Chuck Schumer claimed.

Read more: Post-debate polls split, deny Obama clear victory | The Daily Caller

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12