Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Dole voted NO????????????????
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Dorgan amend has passed

Cornyn is going to start whinning
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

The amendment was voted in 74 ayes, 24 no. But they're still at it. I'm not sure what's going on since I just tuned in.
    "If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
    -- James Madison

That's great news. When I called Boxer's office I told her we lost a friend on 9/11 and I don't trust any foreign trucks that aren't checked in our country and reiterated I don't want any amnesty of any kind and I want our ports, borders and transportation totally secured.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

C-Span 7:32 ET

Now they're voting on Cornyn's amendment. Requires Mex trucks meet safety standards & be inspected every 3 months.
    "If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
    -- James Madison

Well, this is where everyone is. I was in my thread all alone. Anyway, now I'll join you.

Dorgan's amendment passed which is good. Cornyn's I think would boot it. It looks like it isn't going to pass anyway which is good.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Well, this is where everyone is. I was in my thread all alone. Anyway, now I'll join you.

Dorgan's amendment passed which is good. Cornyn's I think would boot it. It looks like it isn't going to pass anyway which is good.
    I'm lost. I know Dorgan's amendment passed - and that IS good. But wasn't Cornyn's amendment to have Mexican trucks inspected every 3 months voted against?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho

I'm lost. I know Dorgan's amendment passed - and that IS good. But wasn't Cornyn's amendment to have Mexican trucks inspected every 3 months voted against?
    At first glance, it would appear that Cornyn's amendment is good. However, it would fund the bill that Dorgan's amendment defeated. If that makes any sense.

Cornyn's amendment failed!

Woo Hoo another victory. April where's your fireworks.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast