Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Trump Axes Immigration Speech As Rumors Swirl of Coming Deportation Flip-Flop

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Yeah, sure believe a former Cruz supporter and Univision instead of Trump himself. Whatever works for you.
    Ultimately Trump is in charge. So, that basically means the TBD stuff is probably fairly accurate. I've never been sure of where Trump stood on the issue. Sure he has repeatedly said he'd build a wall on the border. Okay, he has been consistent on that. However, he has never been consistent on what he's going to do with the 20+ million currently residing here illegally. I may be wrong, but right now it appears as if he is being manipulated by his handlers. Yep, that would be the ones he hand picked. Oh, I also suspect his family members are involved in the decision process. I'm still trying to figure out what qualifies them to have a say.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You know, when discussing immigration policy with people who haven't studied this issue for a decade or more, you can expect certain confusion among them because they don't know what the terms mean or what the law is. When discussing it with people who have studied this issue for a decade or more, you expect a certain understanding of what the terms mean and what the law is.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

CNN is killing Trump over this ALL DAY LONG. They're calling him a "fraud", giving the public the biggest flip-flop between the primary and general election in Presidential History, accusing him of lying to his supporters, etc., etc., etc.

WAY TO GO KELLYANNE! What a great job you're doing, you STUPID LOSING BIMBO!!

FIRE HER NOW!!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MARCH 20, 2012

Why Name-Calling Is Despicable

Emil Caillaux

It is said that mankind only came into its own when it was able to recognize itself and others as actual people. Since then, however, we’ve done a pretty crappy job. Calling people names seems to be a practice as old as humanity itself.

However, lately a particularly nasty undercurrent of name-calling seems to be pervading society as a whole. Two weeks ago, Sandra Fluke, a Georgetown law student, got called a “slut” by Rush Limbaugh for three days straight on the radio, which has prompted a nation-wide argument on calling people names. And there seems to be an increasingly disturbing trend in which people think it is perfectly all right to do it, no matter how disgusting the term, because everybody does it, right?

Fact: Calling someone a “bitch” is unacceptable. Calling someone an “asshole” is unacceptable. Calling someone a “retard” is unacceptable. Calling someone a “slut” is unacceptable. (And don’t get me started on religious, sexual and/or ethnic slurs.) If people want to be a part of civilized society, under no circumstances should they use these words (or any other, or any variation thereof, really) to describe other people. Period.

If someone calls someone else any of the above words within earshot (or screenshot) of other people, whether they really mean it or if it’s in jest or in an endearing fashion, they open the floor to have it used on them. The girl who calls her friends “bitches” at a bar (or, “betches,” because one letter clearly makes a difference) will more than likely be called one if someone gets pissed off at her.

By calling someone a name, what some people attempt to do is encase their opponent under a label deemed by society to be negative, minimizing them and whatever they were standing for. In reality, by doing so, they are allowing themselves to being labeled, and also lose both the high ground and the argument: no one has ever called someone any of the words specified above and received a response along the lines of, “You’re SOOO right. I am EXACTLY what you just called me. Tell me ALLLLL the things I’m doing wrong.” Calling someone a name equals an immediate forfeit and the validation and lionization of the other side.

Worst of all, however, should be the following: calling someone names is a sign that they are neither smart nor witty enough to defend themselves with a logical argument. “But the other person isn’t being logical and I don’t have enough time to lay it out for them” is a common defense. Balderdash. If they are engaging in a discussion spirited enough to qualify someone as beneath them, then they have a stake in being right and should take enough time to achieve that goal. Using a curse word is like taking a cannon to a knife fight — it’s cheap, it’s cowardly, and most of the time, it’s completely unnecessary and will only make it worse.

If someone really feels strongly about it and has an overwhelming need to call someone disgusting names they should do so privately, far from the eyes of other people, where they can truly, purely express themselves in as honest a fashion as they perceive is correct. These people should not be surprised, however, if the object of their attack takes offense and rips their head off.

I’m not attempting to be Emily Post – quite the opposite. I’m not holier-than-thou. I’m not a Boy Scout. But, like my grandfather told me once, “it doesn’t matter how the other person behaves in a fight; in the long run, it matters how you behave.” Calling someone a name is a lazy person’s resource. It takes away all of their collected knowledge, their education and their manners, putting them in the same class as barbarian trolls who don’t know any better.

The best arguments are those in which people use their brains.

Where people take full advantage of thousands of years of evolution and use their words not as a blunt instrument, but in a way that would put Socrates to shame. If you know anyone who fits the description above (and hopefully, you don’t) do us all a favor and teach them to be a better foil, and bask in the satisfaction of winning an argument via logic, charm and wit. It’s oh-so-much more satisfying, and in the end, we all win.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/emil-caill...is-despicable/

Name calling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_calling

Name calling is abusive or insulting language referring to a person or group, a verbal abuse. This phenomenon is studied by a variety of academic disciplines ...

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh the "thought" police are here. Wow!! What a surprise!!! If I think someone's a jackass, I'll call them a jackass. If I think someone like Kellyanne is a bimbo, I'll call them a bimbo. You can take your political correctness and stuff your bumble-gum somewhere else, because I'm not chewing it.

This is probably why I like Trump so much more than you do. I like a straight talker who calls illegal aliens rapists and criminals I like a straight talker who tells a reporter on his way out of a meeting, off script, "they gotta go and I'll get them out of here in 2 years or less". How the reporter asks and Trump looks back over his shoulder and says "with a deportation force." That's Trump, that's why he's going to win this election.

Besides, he'll make such a handsome President of the United States, always in his nice suits or a suit jacket. SO professional, SO presidential.
    Last edited by Judy; 08-23-2016 at 07:31 PM.

OH MY GOD, Kellyanne is on Anderson Cooper making a total fool of herself. She refuses to answer the questions and was actually stammering on her own words. Embarassing. She's trying to push her agenda, not Trump's.

Trump, you've got to take the time to watch her interviews. She is a total embarrassment and completely misrepresenting everything you've said for a year. I wrote in another post when it came to trade, she'd be a disaster, and she just stumbled on what TPP is. Oh my God.

Bye kellyanne - she is not good enough for Trump's campaign, especially this late in the game.

Kellyanne Elizabeth Conway

born January 20, 1967, is a Republican campaign manager, strategist and pollster. She became campaign manager for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump on August 17, 2016.[1] She is president and CEO of The Polling Company / WomanTrend, and has been a regular political commentator on CNN, Fox News, Fox Business, and more. She has been a guest on shows such as Good Morning America, Real Time with Bill Maher, Meet the Press and Hannity.

Career[edit]

Before entering politics, Conway pursued a career in law. After receiving her B.A. in Political Science from Trinity College, Washington, D.C. (now Trinity Washington University), she earned a law degree from George Washington University Law Center and then clerked for a judge in Washington, D.C. She also spent four years as an adjunct professor at George Washington University Law Center.[2]

After practicing law, Conway entered the polling business with Wirthlin Group, a GOP polling firm which worked for Ronald Reagan. She also worked for a period for Luntz Research Companies before founding her own firm, The Polling Company, in 1995. Among the political figures Conway has worked for are Congressman Jack Kemp; former Vice President Dan Quayle; Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich; Senator Fred Thompson; and Congressman (now Indiana Governor) Mike Pence.[2] She worked as the senior advisor to Newt Gingrich during his 2012 United States presidential election campaign.[3] In August 2015, she became the president of the Promise I Super-PAC which supported the 2016 presidential campaign of Ted Cruz and is part of a group of 4 super-PACs supporting Cruz. Its main funding was 11 million dollars from hedgefund manager Robert Mercer.[4]

In addition to her political opinion research work, Conway has directed demographic and attitudinal survey projects for trade associations and private companies, including American Express, ABC News,Major League Baseball, and Ladies Home Journal.[2]

Her firm The Polling Company also includes WomanTrend, a research and consulting division created to better connect corporate America with the female consumer. WomanTrend monitors female consumers as well as a multitude of current and prospective lifestyle, home, work, entertainment, technological, and generational trends affecting all consumers.[2]

Conway has been featured frequently as a commentator on polling and the political scene, having appeared on ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, MSNBC, and the Fox News Channel, in addition to various radio programs. She has received the Washington Post's “Crystal Ball” award for accurately predicted elections.[2] In 2012, in an interview with the Family Research Council, Conway compared Republican criticism of Todd Akin (R-MO), one of Conway's clients, to the siege in 1993 of cult leader David Koresh. An Akin representative said that Conway's comments were "stupid". Conway said she was not comparing Akin to Koresh, but instead comparing the FBI's tactics to force Koresh out with the Republican's tactics to force Akin out of the 2012 election.[5] Conway also defended Akin's position of opposing a “rape” exception for a hypothetical abortion ban on grounds that women’s bodies had mysterious ways of avoiding conception in cases of “legitimate rape.”[6]

Conway headed a pro–Ted Cruz super-PAC funded by hedge-fund tycoon Robert Mercer. After Trump won the Republican Presidential nomination, the PAC morphed into the “Defeat Crooked Hillary PAC”.[6]

On July 1, 2016, Donald Trump announced he hired Conway for a senior advisory position.[7] Conway was expected to advise Trump on how to better appeal to female voters.[7]

When the Trump campaign hired Conway, it referred to her as “widely regarded as an expert on female consumers and voters.[8]” Conway became the Trump campaign's campaign manager in August 2016.[9] This made her the first woman to run a Republican general election presidential campaign.[9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kellyanne_Conway
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Conway also defended Akin's position of opposing a “rape” exception for a hypothetical abortion ban on grounds that women’s bodies had mysterious ways of avoiding conception in cases of “legitimate rape.”[6]
    This is supposed to attract "female voters"? I don't think so.

In addition to her political opinion research work, Conway has directed demographic and attitudinal survey projects for trade associations and private companies, including American Express, ABC News,Major League Baseball, and Ladies Home Journal.[2]
    There's a big difference between selling consumer products like AMEX cards and LHJ magazines to women and a straight-talking bombastic political candidate who wants to fix our country.
    Last edited by Judy; 08-23-2016 at 09:56 PM.

Trump has stated on Hannity he is going to follow the law and he his softening up his position. He will meet in NY now with NY Hispanic and African-American leaders.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast