Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Trump Campaign Knocking on Doors in… California

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump Campaign Knocking on Doors in… California

by JOEL B. POLLAK
    4 Sep 2016
    316 comments

California Republicans are turning out to volunteer for Donald Trump’s campaign by knocking on doors in local communities, even though the Republican presidential nominee is thought to have no chance of winning the state.

Indeed, while Democratic Party nominee Hillary Clinton is sending busloads of California volunteers to next-door Nevada, the East Bay Times reports, the Trump campaign is keeping volunteers in liberal strongholds in the hope that “closeted” supporters will turn out to vote.

The deep-blue Golden State has not cast its electoral votes for a Republican since George H.W. Bush in 1988. The latest poll average from RealClearPolitics shows Clinton ahead of Trump by 22.2%. Though stranger surprises have happened — Clinton lost to rival Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) in the Michigan primary though she was ahead by some 30 points — a California win seems impossible, especially as Democrats have used Trump’s unpopularity among many Latinos to register new voters.

Still, the Times reports, Trump reporters are turning out in droves, defying attempts to paint them as “racists.” And for now, at least, the campaign is not sending them over the border into Nevada, a state that Trump almost certainly needs to win (and is within striking distance, behind Clinton by 2.3% in the RealClearPolitics average). During the primary race earlier this year, when it seemed California might be the decisive contest, 100,000 Trump volunteers signed up statewide, the Times reports.

Early last week, Trump made quiet visits to Los Angeles and the Central Valley en route to a rally in Washington State. His private fundraiser in Tulare may have set a new record for a campaign event in the agricultural region, netting an estimated $1.3 million at one stop.

In June, Trump’s speech in San Jose was greeted by violence and riots, with supporters beaten and harassed outside the arena in full view of the national media. The mayor of San Jose blamed Trump for inciting the violence.

California has 55 electoral votes, the most of any state.

http://www.breitbart.com/california/...rs-california/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I think this is outstanding, and I am so happy, thrilled in fact, to hear this.

GO GO GO TRUMP SUPPORTERS!! I've always believed that California was not worked properly during Presidential campaigns. So many of Trump's policies will help California more than any other state. It will solve the illegal immigration and excess legal immigration problems, poverty will go down because his trade policies will create many jobs for California American Citizens, welfare and crime rates will also go down as will state paid health insurance because of new jobs, less aliens, and higher wages for citizens. And don't forget taxes are going down with Trump as well as bad spending, meanwhile he will invest in inner cities, military and infrastructure. This is all good for California.

America loves our beautiful precious state of California and we want you to do well and continue to be our Paradise. We don't want you leading the pack with welfare benefits as you are now. We want you strong and independent, so when we come out to visit, it's a nice place to spend our money.

EVERY STATE MATTERS!!

VOTE FOR DONALD J TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thank you for the nice words about our state, Judy. Don't hear that much here. (wink)

There is a house not far from me that had two signs in their yard, one for Trump/Pence and the other for the NRA. Drove by this morning and the Trump sign was gone. Would guess someone stole it. Couple months ago we saw some Bernie signs but those are gone now of course. Back when Obama first ran his bumper stickers and signs were quite numerous. Haven't seen any Hillary signs or bumper stickers, not yet anyway. So I believe there isn't the enthusiasm for the Democrats this time. I believe there are many here who will silently vote for Trump, hope so.

Oh you're very welcome, Jean. I've loved California since I was little girl growing up in the Midwest. I considered it a Paradise then and want to always be our Paradise. It is such a beautiful place with some of our greatest people, descendants of our toughest people who didn't stop in the Midwest, but went over those Rockies and crossed those deserts, California or Bust, and landed in a Dream Land of Beauty and Resources.

It's time for all Californians to rise up, unite behind Trump, help US take our country back and fix it so all of our states and citizens can soar again.

It's very hard to do that without California!!

VOTE TO FIX ALL OUR STATES!!

VOTE FOR DONALD J TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy