Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

especially when many of them are affording new houses and cars.
    I don't know about the houses but I am astonished to see the number of people driving around in high dollar cars in this town on the border. The one across the street left his couch out on his front porch for over a year because it wouldn't fit in the door but they had two brand new SUV's and a Thunderbird parked in the yard -- right on the grass, which is illegal in this town.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That does not surprise me any. If they disregard the law about how they enter our country what is to make us believe they will abide by any other laws? This is another problem that drains the resources of our country, and that no economist I think has applied to their "equations" regarding the costs of illegals.
    MEXICO AT WAR WITH THE USA : GOVERNMENT SPONSORED - ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, INFESTATION, AND INVASION OF THE USA!

Re: The ultimate insult to our nation,

Quote Originally Posted by zzz100
    Yet.. we never see any protests about the above .. another form of our national hypocracy and a disgrace to our national show of priorities. This alone.. makes me want to vomit.
    You are very right, and I applaud you for vocalizing this.

-btm

Screw the statistics on the prior post...... they are debatable anyway since I believe their source originates with the pro-invasion crowd.

How about the invading culture that creates what we see below our southern border?

How about the lack of assimilation that so many here can attest to?

We are also in a cultural war.

Bashing our general northern European culture is mighty popular lately.

I don't see the Iberian Penninsula countries leading the world in the many things the USA has created to ease the human condition.

I don't see those two-bit countries to our south leading the way to the future.

Where was Mexico when the Nazis had to be stopped shoving little kids into gas chambers?

That lad tossing out the data is, in my opinion, deluded to the reality of the situation.

Perhaps either a supporter of invasion or one of the many lily-white denizens of the USA sheltered from the horrors those of us who have lived amongst the invaders have experienced.

Re: Immigration and Economics

Quote Originally Posted by PaTime

1. According to the Federal Reserve, there will be a shortage of workers by 2026, of around 20 Million. If so, where do these workers come from?
    we will cross that bridge when we get to it . . . if we don't save OUR country now, we won't have to worry about it
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Quote Originally Posted by Mamie

1. According to the Federal Reserve, there will be a shortage of workers by 2026, of around 20 Million. If so, where do these workers come from?
    we will cross that bridge when we get to it . . . if we don't save OUR country now, we won't have to worry about it
    Wonderful, that's an intelligent attitude. In twenty years, we won't be able to solve the issue, that would be too late.

Doom and gloom, just what the political pundits and the republican's were counting on.

We have to solve the issue from both sides of the pipeline. We have to address the issue of corporations attempting to make a profit, the capitalist system, using these undocumented aliens. We also have to find a way of helping the Mexican government and all the Latin American governments find ways of improving the living standard in their countries and keep their people home. The problem will not be solved by hysteria and walls.

But that would require an intelligent electorate.

PaTime

Wonderful, that's an intelligent attitude. In twenty years, we won't be able to solve the issue, that would be too late.
    do they think that American citizens will stop reproducing for 20 years? Where did we get all the workers who worked through the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's????

This is a pretty silly argument on the part of a govt or even a group of people who surely see that this country is headed toward overpopulation even without illegal aliens here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    do they think that American citizens will stop reproducing for 20 years? Where did we get all the workers who worked through the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's????

This is a pretty silly argument on the part of a govt or even a group of people who surely see that this country is headed toward overpopulation even without illegal aliens here.
    We are heading towards overpopulation! But the average age of the population is rising steadily. That means that their may not be enough people in the age bracket required to handle these types of jobs. They will be in the middle aged and even worse, more people in the retirement bracket.

You need to study the trends and realize that we are an aging nation. We don't or won't have the birth rate to support the industries unless we import that workforce or, automate the industries to eliminate the need. This is exactly why the companies are moving overseas. They are moving their labor intensive jobs to areas where the labor force is. Like India and Mexico.

Regards,
    PaTime

Again, let's remove media hype and a few dissolutioned and infantile marchers who, if they weren't marching against immigration, would be stealing cars or worse. Let's look at some facts.

2. According to this same Federal Reserve, a shortage of workers will and can lead to inflation.

3. The foreign-born population (in 2000) is 9.5 % compared to 22.7 in Australia, 16 % in Canada, 6.3% in France;7.3 in Germany; 3.9% in Great Britain and 5.7% in Sweden.

4. Immigration as a percentage of the population is relatively low compared to the early portion of the century. The Rate of U.S immigration is a third less than it was in the peak years.

5. 10 High Tech Companies started by immigrants earned $31 Billion dollars in Revenue in 2002. The average education of new immigrants has been increasing with each generation.

6. Public records on taxes, show illegal aliens contribute as much as they receive in benefits. They pay 46% in taxes and use about 45% in services. Most respected economist who study this subject have clearly stated that both legal and illegal immigrants are beneficial economically.

Most immigrants arriving in the U.S. , do so in their prime working years. They are usually over 18 years of age. Simply put, they have already had their primary education paid for by the citizens of their former country, not by Americans. Economic benefits of this fact indicate a windfall of 1.43 Trillion dollars to our economy.

Are their serious issues to resolve, yes indeed. Are we addressing intelligently? Nope. Maybe this uproar, will motivate our legislators to take concrete action to improve the system and control the issue. But be careful what you wish for, it might come true.

Addendum: Be careful about what Lou Dobbs tells you. While he does have an Economics degree from Harvard, he was born in England. He fully supports protectionism, which is severely outdated and favors immigration reduction. That is a strange attitude for a Harvard educated Economics person. I am not saying he is totally wrong, but he has an agenda as do all political and media pundits. He is commonly referred to as a " populist conservatist. Go to the Federal Reserve website, immigration service and other agencies and read the facts. Read economics magazine and other documents; original primary documents. Ask questions of your legislators like I do. Get involved and make your voice and opinion heard, intelligently. Active, well conceived descent is the strength of this nation. It has stopped wars, I can vouch for that. Emotional ramblings by pundits will not solve the issue but will cloud or mask real issues that need resolving like the War in Iraq.

Regards,
    PaTime
    [/quote]

With all due respect, your statistics and analysis is all wet. There have been numerous studies by non partisan researchers that prove you are wrong.

On taxes here is a study that proves you are wrong and the phony,cooked government statistics are a fraud.

The National Research Council reports that an immigrant to the U.S. without a high-school diploma — whether legal or illegal — consumes $89,000 more in governmental services than he pays in taxes during his lifetime. An immigrant with only a high-school diploma is a net cost of $31,000. Eighty percent of illegal immigrants have no more than a high-school degree, and 60% have less than a high-school degree.

Lets take a look at those astounding figures:

12 million Illegals X $89,000=$1,068,000,000,000

How is that great for America? Jeff Sessions pointed out that we still have not paid the bill for the Reagan Amnesty which has cost taxpayers billions.

I could go on and on about the flaws in the statistics you proclaim are valid but I do not trust anything the Government publishes about this problem. It is all one world government propaganda that will benefit elitists and nobody else. The latest example is the Government statistics that report unemployment is at an all time low and the new jobs created. The fact is that most jobs created since GWB took office are service jobs, Government jobs and 90% went to Illegals.

Go to vdare.com and read the disputed Government Employment reports that are ripped apart and shreaded for the propaganda they are.

Lou Dobbs is a patriot and is the only one in the MSM tells the truth about Illegal Immigration and the goals of the elitist's that want a one world Government and a permanent underclass that can be manipulated at will from on high.
    Is this Mexico or the USA

We are heading towards overpopulation! But the average age of the population is rising steadily. That means that their may not be enough people in the age bracket required to handle these types of jobs. They will be in the middle aged and even worse, more people in the retirement bracket.
    Don't matter. They aren't going to let them retire until they are about 85 anyway! So what difference does that make? Furthermore, the elderly don't have nearly as many needs as the young people. We have houses. we have dishes, we have furniture, more clothes and whoes than we will every wear out if we live to be a hundred.

Furthermore, I can name you at least ten people right off the top of my head who wouldn't mind having some of the service-industry related jobs that all the illegal aliens have now.

I guess you think all old people ever want to do is sit around and cry over their medicaid coverage or something. So your point is pretty moot in my opinion.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast