Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJones
    United Way = no way... I'll ever support an anti-American organization!
    My thoughts exactly. I have never had any use for that Organization and never will, much like the ACLU.

I decided to not ever contribute to United Way back in 1959. A friend of a friend worked for them. She was receptionist - not high level. They allowed her to use a car - full time. For Christmas she received a gold watch from the 'office'. That was in 1959. That may not sound like much now - but back then, it was a big deal.

Yes, I have had to stand up to bosses who insisted we should be 100% -
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I will never donate to United Way again.

added to the homepage

Red Cross and United Way aid illegal alien families.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=N ... e&sid=1779
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

United Way? Red Cross? I have NEVER given my money to any of these organizations or to any other of their kind; and they are never going to see the color of it.

Besides this,

I do not use hifen before the name American. For me, or you are American or you are not. If you want a hifen, get out of this country; go to where you or your parents came from. I do not care about being PC; I am not a dumb politician;

I do not go to Mexican restaurant of any restaurant that employs Latinos;

I speak Spanish (I am not Hispanic) but I refuse to speak it and insist that the person speaks to me in English. If he/she does not speak it, too bad, we cannot talk or do business;

I do not shop at Wal-Mart or buy products from China, India, Mexico, or Brazil; only if EXTREMELY necessary. And I realized that most of the time I can live without them.

I am an Independent and I am not going to vote for Hilary or Obama. One is a Comunist and the other is a Muslim. I love my country!

I quit giving to the United Way back in the 80's when the president made of with a huge salary.

I suggest that anyone contributing to a charity restrict their funds. Write a condition on your check. You can require a charity to only spend your money on clothing, shoes, children, a new building... What ever the reason you are giving them the money. You can also tell them what not to spend it on. Don't spend this on salaries... They will have huge charity drives for one thing and end up spending the extra money on other things. If you do not restrict the funds, when you give them, they can spend it on any thing they want. Remember the 9-11 controversy with the Salvation Army? They took in money for 9-11 but were going to spend it on other things. Wrong! After a big stink, they were forced to use it on the 9-11 families. Write a condition on your check. Either on the face of the check or in the endorsement area. By endorsing this check, you agree to ...

Dixie

I agree with you on that one. That hypenated stuff has to go but so does the part of bringing up where you or your parents came from in a conversation that doesn't call for it. Another one that really makes me angry is the amount of time they spend on politics where they came from and the media jumps all over it. Recently it was the Venezuleans in Miami voting in the election back home. Then you are bombarded with Cuba and Cuban politics daily. I have yet to read an edition of the Miami Herald where they don't have a minimum of 4 or 5 articles on Cuba. If the Cubans want to change anything then go there and do. Even certain generations of Cubans make that statement because they themselves are sick of hearing it from their relatives.

And they wonder why people like me have stopped donating to any of the charities.

I won't even donate to the Salvation Army anymore because I'm not going to have my donations passed on to some illegal alien.

The front page of the El Paso Times carries a sob story each day throughout the holidays from someone in this area. Many are unmarried women with five or six kids by at least two if not more different fathers. Some are families whose bread winner with kids ranging from adults to new babies can't find work because the "construction industry" is slow. blah, blah, blah. And the other side of the bottom of the front page is filled with sr. citizens who "came here for a better life" but now can't afford glasses, false teeth, medicine, etc.

Ten years ago I may have felt sorry for some of these people but today I just want them to go home and stop milking the system for every dime they can squeeze out of it. I don't want them in our schools, I don't want them to have another anchor baby on this side of the border, I don't care if their kids don't have clothes, I definitely don't care if they can't afford to have toys for their kids and I am sick of hearing them whine.

Around Thanksgiving time a single wide trailer with 17 people living in it, some who are Mexican citizens "just visiting," burned down. Nobody was killed but they are all whining because they don't have anywhere to rent because nobody wants to rent to 17 people. Imagine that!?

I really hate that these illegals have hardened my heart toward people who probably actually do deserve a helping hand. I just can't sort them out anymore and rather than choose the wrong one and be angry with myself when I find out I helped an illegal alien, I don't help any of them.

And they wonder why people like me have stopped donating to any of the charities.

I won't even donate to the Salvation Army anymore because I'm not going to have my donations passed on to some illegal alien.

The front page of the El Paso Times carries a sob story each day throughout the holidays from someone in this area. Many are unmarried women with five or six kids by at least two if not more different fathers. Some are families whose bread winner with kids ranging from adults to new babies can't find work because the "construction industry" is slow. blah, blah, blah. And the other side of the bottom of the front page is filled with sr. citizens who "came here for a better life" but now can't afford glasses, false teeth, medicine, etc.

Ten years ago I may have felt sorry for some of these people but today I just want them to go home and stop milking the system for every dime they can squeeze out of it. I don't want them in our schools, I don't want them to have another anchor baby on this side of the border, I don't care if their kids don't have clothes, I definitely don't care if they can't afford to have toys for their kids and I am sick of hearing them whine.

Around Thanksgiving time a single wide trailer with 17 people living in it, some who are Mexican citizens "just visiting," burned down. Nobody was killed but they are all whining because they don't have anywhere to rent because nobody wants to rent to 17 people. Imagine that!?

I really hate that these illegals have hardened my heart toward people who probably actually do deserve a helping hand. I just can't sort them out anymore and rather than choose the wrong one and be angry with myself when I find out I helped an illegal alien, I don't help any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronster
    I just called them and spoke to operator 211 or something, and she said that a seperate account has been set up for people that want to contribute to help those families. I asked her who was doing something for the hundreds of familes that were ruined because of people stealing thier SS cards and birth certificates. (Identity Theft)

Needless to say they were not so sympathetic towards their plight.
    Yes. Good one. Think I will do same.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast