Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

UNIVISION CRYING: OUR VOICES ARE BEING HEARD

Their crying is very encouraging, if you thought all your hard work wasn't paying off, here's what Univision is saying:

SILENCE THAT KILLS

The undocumented of the U.S. are alone

By Jorge Ramos Avalos, Univision Online

It is as though they have become mute. As though they have no mouths. As though they have no vocal cords. Almost no one these days comes out in defense of the undocumented immigrants in the United States. And that silence is killing the hopes and aspirations of 12 million people.

The New Enemy

Something terrible has occurred in the United States. All of a sudden, the undocumented have become the new enemy. The terrorists are now in second place. I am not exagerating. Listen to the most recent presidential debates and you will see how many candidates are dedicating more time to attacking the undocumented than to attacking terrorists.

Osama Bin Laden has not been captured, but Mexican undocumented Elvira Arellano has been captured. And the voices of the anti-immigrants are multiplying with impunity on the radio and English television. They (radio and television) attack and attack (the undocumented) and no one responds to them (in defense of the immigrants) so people (the Americans) assume that the information is correct.

Unfavorable Polls

The absence of a message in favor of the immigrants also is reflected in the polls. ABC conducted a poll in September in which 54% of North Americans considered that the undocumented were harming the country (no shiznit!!, but only 54%??????)

Only 34% said that they (the undocumented) were helping the country. In other words, the anti-immigrants (they just can’t get it right, can they ANTI-ILLEGAL!!!) have won, for the time being, the immigration debate.

The message from those who opose the undocumented is very clear: they are illegal, they violated the law, and they must return to their country of origin. (this last line I couldn’t understand to well but I think he is saying that we are suggesting that terrorists could be hiding among the undocumented.)

The 2001 attack

But let’s clarify that none of the 19 terrorist that killed almost 3,000 U.S. residents on September 11 of 2001 was latinamerican or crossed the mexican border illegaly.

The shouting of the anti-immigrants has drowned the voices of reason.

Why this silence? The mexican government of president Felipe Calderon, for different motives, has remained on the sidelines on this debate. I don’t see any Mexican diplomat on CNN or Fox News, in the Congress or in the White House defending their own, speaking of the benefits they provide, or denouncing the abuses.

President Felipe Calderon has not even visited any of the mexican communities in the United States.

I understand that he wants to distance himself from the external politics of his predecessor, Vicente Fox, in which the immigration issue was highly emphasized without any results (we got results alright!!!!) Perhaps they have given up and are waiting for a new North American president to take charge so that they can restart the issue of legalization.

Unjustifiable Silence

But the silence is not justified against the avalanche of attacks against mexican immigrants.

The mexican government is not the only one who has remained silent. There are many groups that defend the immigrants in the U.S. but they have also failed to communicate a clear and effective message.

The worst thing is, that behind the failure for legalization in Waashington, they have left a wide opening for those who give out false, racist information with respect to the undocumented.

The message in favor of the undocumented immigrants should include the following arguments: they are not criminals nor teerrorists; they give far more benefits to the U.S. than they services they receive; they pay taxes; create jobs, take the jobs that americans don’t want; maintain inflation down; replace the workers that retire; construct our houses; pick our fruit; it is true that they broke the law but so did millions of americans and companies that provide jobs for them; they can be the best allies in the fight against terrorists; they have more faith in the opportunities that the U.S. offers than many of the americans do; reinforce family values; they believe in education for progress; rejuvenate the country’s population; they give the U.S. a new language; they learn english quickly HAAAAAA; they are a bridge with latin america (who the hell want’s a bridge with latin america???); in general they make the U.S. a better country (if that ain’t a kick in the beeeehind!!!)

We can’t hear, we can’t see

That is the message: the undocumented benefit the U.S. and that is why we have to help them. But this message is not heard because there are many people who do not dare take this issue up.

A couple of paragraphs of unimportant blah blah blah and in conclusion: the U.S. can and must recuperate the marvelous tradition of opening their arms to foreigners and the weak. That is the true meaning of “Americanâ€

I am NOT against Univision and Telemundo because they are LATINO; I am against them because they SUPPORT ILLEGAL immigration, and because of THAT, Univision and Telemundo are TRAITORS!

What cave has Jorge Avalos been living in? Calderon and Fox have done nothing but interfere in our business. Fox has been spewing hate throughout this country, and Calderon has resorted to threats. Obviously, this biased rhetoric was only intended for those who rely exclusively on Univision for their information.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupDeb
    What cave has Jorge Avalos been living in? Calderon and Fox have done nothing but interfere in our business. Fox has been spewing hate throughout this country, and Calderon has resorted to threats. Obviously, this biased rhetoric was only intended for those who rely exclusively on Univision for their information.
    I agree with you about calderon and fox, however, my intent on translating this article is to let everyone know that the illegals and their supporters are extremely upset and discouraged, I hear it on the hispanic stations constantly. To me this article is very encouraging and it should be to all who have worked hard on the campaign against illegal immigration. A lot of ground has been gained.

When you break the law you should be worried.I'm glad to see our activity is getting results.

Quote Originally Posted by dianasanchez
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupDeb
    I agree with you about calderon and fox, however, my intent on translating this article is to let everyone know that the illegals and their supporters are extremely upset and discouraged, I hear it on the hispanic stations constantly. To me this article is very encouraging and it should be to all who have worked hard on the campaign against illegal immigration. A lot of ground has been gained.
    My hostility was not directed at you, and I hope no offense was taken. It's just infuriating reading his lies. If the illegals are feeling discouraged, that is indeed good news. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Woohoo Score one for us loud-mouthed, stubborn American patriots.

Thanks for the great news. I'll be going to bed with a smile on my face tonight!
    Proud wife of an undocumented ICE agent.
    Definition of a RACIST according to Madeline Cosman : Real American Committed to Integrity Sovereignty and Truth

Good news, indeed!!! Our voices have been drowning out every OBL politician in Washington and we have them on the defensive! We can't rest on our laurels, however...we can never be silent again!!! We are winning!

Thanks Diana for this great news.I am glad they are whining on Univision mabe it will discourage some would be IA's from coming to the USA.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

I stopped at "And the voices of the anti-immigrants"

Blah blah blah after that. Hate to tell you and the rest of the freak show, but everyone outside of the pathetic KKK has nothing against LEGAL immigrants! It's Anti-Illegal Alien, or Anti-Illegal Immigrant. WE LOVE TRUE LEGAL IMMIGRANTS!

Keep playing that game idiots, it's only going to bite you in the a... well, you know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast