Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thune (SD) and Smith (OR) need some calls.

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    Bttt
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

bttt
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Most recent COSA post:

omfg some of you are just unbelievable. WE ARE WINNING. LET ME REPEAT WE ARE WINNING. one more time: WE ARE WINNING. The senators are getting more calls from US. Only a few, like Kyl, are getting more from opposition, but who cares?? I CANT TAKE anymore of this bs from you pessimists. We have bombarded the senate with calls over the break(or so I read in an article) and set up the foundation. Now we are making as much or MORE calls then opposition. WTF R U WORRIED ABOUT?

BTT
    <div align="center">" Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore "
    </div>

I dont think we have to worry about these leaches.. Nightmare Act is one of those amendments proposed, but i heard McConnell will not even allow it to be brought up to a Defense Bill THANK GOD!! I believe i read in an article today that said any unrelated Defense amendments will not be given a chance to be brought up by the Democrats

truepatriot,

Is there a link and/or source for that McConnell statement?

Quote Originally Posted by realbsball
    truepatriot,

Is there a link and/or source for that McConnell statement?
    I will try to find it was in the Lexington Herald here in Kentucky

but i heard McConnell will not even allow it to be brought up to a Defense Bill
    How can McConnell stop a proposed amendment brought up by a Ranking Democrat in a Democrat controlled Senate? The only way I see the Dream Act being defeated is if a Senator brings up a point of order and objects to the Amendment. If this happens a super majority of 60 is needed for the amendment to receive a final vote. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogger
    but i heard McConnell will not even allow it to be brought up to a Defense Bill
    How can McConnell stop a proposed amendment brought up by a Ranking Democrat in a Democrat controlled Senate? The only way I see the Dream Act being defeated is if a Senator brings up a point of order and objects to the Amendment. If this happens a super majority of 60 is needed for the amendment to receive a final vote. Am I missing something?
    Im sorry perhaps i am not familiar with the Senate rules as much as you are The article said that Republicans will not allow it, so maybe that means that McConnell has instructed his Republicans to vote NO on everything so the Democrats wont get 60 votes?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast