Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Viacom: New Comedy Show Makes Fun of Whites In AZ

A new show being aired on Viacom's Comedy Central mocks the intelligence of White blue collar Americans in Maricopa County Arizona.

The show portrays a group of White American body shop workers as they struggle with the throes of daily life in the shop. During the premire episode the show introduces a Peruvian immigrant who speaks little english.

As the show continues it becomes clear of the motive. White American blue collar workers begin to drink a drink called "Vita Zip" sold to them by one of their co-workers in a MLM sham and begin vommitting and using the restroom excessively.

A character representing an Italian American is displayed as incompetant and unartistic.

The Peruvian immigrant is shown working hard while the rest of the crew screws off and/or is distracted with the side effects of their energy drinks. He does all of the digging and hard work and shows confidence in what he is doing. He also paints a truck for an African-American WNBA player, a job that the Italian-American character had screwed up.

Towards the end it is lamented that somehow he is the only one who survived the energy drink, a camera cuts to him in a confessional like stance where he says in Spanish "I wouldn't drink that sh** if my tongue was on fire*

I enjoy a good comedy show, but I was disgusted by the obvious overtones this show was carrying.
    - Whites that work the same job as a latino are lazier
    - Latinos who speak no English are better workers
    - Americans will do anything to make a buck
    - Italians are stupid
    - White business owners are stupid

The show is based in Maricopa County AZ, the site of the strictest local crack down of illegal aliens and this premiere comes on the heels of both the Daily Show and the Colbert Report having overly obvious segments aimed at calling those against illegal immigration racist.

Shameful and lame. If it was an illegal alien or a minority being caricatured, the show would immediately be decried as racist. Such is the world we live in and the climate of life in America. Anyone with an education can see right through these things, but then again, there are a lot of people in this country now with little or no education.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wow, this show needs to get its stereotypes straight. Italians unartistic.......LOL

It sounds like another attempt similar to All in the Family....Which tried to portray working class conservatibe Americans (Archie Bunker) as stupid and bigoted. Sure back-fired. America loved Archie. Hopefully this show will backfire as well........
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Whats the exact name of the show, or do you know? I'd like to send them some "nice" e-mails or letters about it.
    “Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s”

I haven't seen the show but I'm not thrilled. I'm from Maricopa County and whoever is responsible has one hell of a nerve.

Can you imagine what would happen if someone tried to air a show portraying Latinos as stupid and lazy? There'd be threats and lawsuits flying left and right until the show was pulled from the air.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Now, I'm not saying that that is okay, but typically a Mexican Immigrant works two jobs. 7days a week an 15 hours a day. Could ANY of you say the same for yourselves. I think that you MOD EDIT should listen to what your teaching your kids. Mexicans aren't illegal, YOU are. Simply because you people all come from all over Europe immigrating here. My people come from all over southern California and grew up here and my relatives in Mexico are all of the sudden being accused of being illegal?

MOD EDIT man?

So whether or not that show is politically correct or not does not matter to me. Quite frankly you should be worrying about what your teaching your kids. Mexicans HAVE to learn two languages. That fills us with more culture and makes us more open-minded. Americans only have to worry about their sacred english. Hahaaa SO MUCH FOR THE DESIRE TO LEARN!

Quote Originally Posted by MissIndependent
    Now, I'm not saying that that is okay, but typically a Mexican Immigrant works two jobs. 7days a week an 15 hours a day. Could ANY of you say the same for yourselves. I think that you MOD EDIT should listen to what your teaching your kids. Mexicans aren't illegal, YOU are. Simply because you people all come from all over Europe immigrating here. My people come from all over southern California and grew up here and my relatives in Mexico are all of the sudden being accused of being illegal?

MOD EDIT man?

So whether or not that show is politically correct or not does not matter to me. Quite frankly you should be worrying about what your teaching your kids. Mexicans HAVE to learn two languages. That fills us with more culture and makes us more open-minded. Americans only have to worry about their sacred english. Hahaaa SO MUCH FOR THE DESIRE TO LEARN!
    Your signature alone says your here to cause trouble. I must say, bravo, you made some kinda sense in that post. But it has no bearing. We speak of illegals coming into OUR country. We have laws, laws against it, if you break them, you ARE a felon.

And funny, if you mean American-Hispanics who are legal have to know english, then yes. However, funny, I went to a construction site today where their building homes (3/8ths of a mile from me) and I tried talking to some of the workers. They looked at me like "what the heck are you saying?" I said to the carpet layer "no help?" He looked at me for a second and made a gesture like "huh?" I tried again, and another carpet layer came from a bedroom, I said "oh nevermind" he just looked at me and I left. Hmm, right here east of Houston, sure didn't learn English. Maybe he does know two language though, Spanish and French or something like that.
    “Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s”

well, I am Italian.. perhaps I will have a look and form a coalition and end it... for them.. via lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by MissIndependent

MOD EDIT man?

and probably drinks and gets drunk and drives too.
    as for working two jobs and all that time. I HAVE done it one one job.
    so what the hell is your point?

as for being illegal or stealing land, you really needs a history lesson.
    where do you get this idea ??

as for those who came from Europe. there is a place, maybe you have heard of it, called Ellis Island. Immigrants went through there first and had medical checks. those who were sick or carrying diseases were denied entry into this country.

Why should americans have to learn another Language? in my thinking, with the majority of people in this country already speaking english, one would think that they might be able to get ahead by learning english. you dont see people from asia, europe or anywhere else demaning that Americans speak their language. on the contrary, quiet the opposite, they are quick to learn english and adapt to society.

If you were born and grew up in southern california, as you say, why are you worried about people who enter this country illegally? can one enter mexico and demand and protest the same as what happens here? or would they be thrown in jail??
    how about mexicos law on illegals. you get caught first time in jail is two years. a second offense is ten years... now who is fair? the US just sends em back and in most cases does not throw then in jail unless background checks so them to have committed crimes.

Yay, thank you mod for removing the language, and signature I take it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast