Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by millere
    Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Thanks, millere, but it doesn't seem to have the handbook anymore, either. These people are covering their tracks because they know we're after them.
    It looks like this was from a different domain, my mistake; but save it anyway as anyone backtracking to alipac.us my ask to have this one taken down too.
    This is from the same association, just another site. They can't hide it anyway because I've pulled up news articles about them saying they were starting a program to advocate amnesty. I'm curious if Lou is going to say anything on his show tonight, or wait until he gets all the skinny.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is from the same association, just another site. They can't hide it anyway because I've pulled up news articles about them saying they were starting a program to advocate amnesty. I'm curious if Lou is going to say anything on his show tonight, or wait until he gets all the skinny.
    A google search of 'how to avoid the law' pulled up this site and document that may be the one you saw. I also believe it is the one Lou Dobbs showed to guest Janet Murgia when she was on his show awhile ago:

http://www.nclr.org/content/resources/detail/39063/

http://www.nclr.org/files/39063_file_im ... 704_2_.pdf

also see a myspace link to above:

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... 5C35144123

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

La Raza's telling how to avoid the law for Illegals Aliens

This can be found on the LARAZA Web Site. They receive public funding and have sponsors such as Ford and are telling lawbreakers who enter our country illegally how to remain in our country illegally.

Here is the link to it
    http://www.nclr.org/content/resources/detail/39063/

NATIONAL IMMIGRATION LAW CENTER IMMIGRATION ENFORCEMENT:
    Know Your Rights at Home and at Work
    July 2004

When may Immigration enter my home?
    Immigration officers may NOT enter your home unless they have a warrant. A warrant is a piece of paper signed by a judge giving the officer permission specifically to enter your home. There are two types of warrants: one for when they are coming to arrest you, andanother for when they have permission from a judge to search your home. Most immigration warrants are arrest warrants.

If an office r knocks on your door, do not open it. Ask the officer through the closeddoor to identify himself. You can say, Who are you with? or W hat agency are you with?

The officer might say that he is with Department of Homeland Security, or U.S.Immigration and Customs Enforcement. The officer might name another agency. No matter what, keep the door closed. Through the closed door, ask the officer if he has a warrant.

If he says yes, still do not open the door.
    Ask him to show you the warrant by slipping it
    under the door.

When examining the warrant, look for your name, your address, and a signature. This can help you decide whether or not the warrant is valid (true). The warrant will be in English. If you have trouble reading it or understanding it, get someone else in your house to help you read it or translate it, if possible.

If the warrant the Immigration officer shows you looks valid, you should go outside to talk to the officer. You have the right not to let the officer enter your house. This is especially important if you live with other people who might have immigration problems,because once you allow the officer into your house, he can ask questions of anyone else
    who is there, too.

NATIONAL IMMIGRATION LAW CENTER
    Los Angeles Headquarters
    3435 Wilshire Blvd
    Suite 2850
    Los Angeles, CA 90010
    213 639-3900
    213 639-3911 fax
    Washington, DC
    1101 14th Street, NW
    Suite 410
    Washington, DC 20005
    202 216-0261
    202 216-0266 fax
    Oakland, CA
    405 14th Street
    Suite 1400
    Oakland, CA 94612
    510 663-8282
    510 663-2028
    National
    Immigration
    Law Center
    www.nilc o r g

If you do talk to the officer (again, outside your house do not let him in), do not answer any questions. Do not sign any papers. Tell the officer you want to talk to a lawyer before you say anything. Do not provide any kind of identification documents that say what country you are from. Make sure not to carry any false documents with you at any time.

ANOTHER W AY an immigration officer can enter your home legally (besides if he has a valid warrant) is if you give the officer permission to enter. This is called giving the officer your consent to enter your home.

If you open your door, or if the officer asks if he can come
    in and you say yes, you are probably consenting to his entering your home.

The best thing to do is to keep the door closed and ask the officer to identify himself. Then ask to see a warrant. DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR IF HE CANNOT SHOW YOU A WARRANT.

An officer is NOT ALLOWED to force you to consent to his entering your home. For example, if your house is surrounded by Border Patrol or Immigration cars with their lights flashing, and the officer is holding his gun as he asks for permission (your consent) to enter your home, and you say yes because youre afraid, a court would probably not consider this to be valid consent. How can I protect myself from Immigration coming to my house?

If you hear that Immigration has been asking questions about you at your job, it is possible those officers may show up at your house.

If this is the case, try to find a way not to be at your home for a couple of days.

Stay with a friend or a relative whose address you know your employer does not have (an address not listed in any papers for example, emergency contact information you filled out for work).

Make sure that someone you trust knows where you are, and that you know how to reach them in case of an emergency (if you have been detained by Immigration).

You and your family or close friends should have the names and phone numbers of good immigration attorneys posted near the telephone at home so that they can c all the attorney in case you are detained.

In general, it is also a good idea to keep a copy of your important papers (birth certificate, any immigration papers, etc.) at the home of a friend or relative whom you trust and can call in case you are detained.

What should I do if Immigration comes to my workplace?

Immigration officers are not allowed to enter your workplace whether it is a factory,store, farm, or orchard without permission from the owner or manager.

If an officer does get permission, the officer is free to ask you questions about your immigration status.

You have a right to keep silent. You dont even have to tell the agent your name.

You also have the right to talk to a lawyer before you answer any questions. You can tell
    the officer, I wish to talk to a lawyer in response to any question the officer asks you.

Do not tell the immigration officer where you were born or what your immigration
    status is.

Do not show the officer your papers or any immigration documents. If the office r asks you for your papers, tell the officer, I wish to talk to a lawyer.

What can my union do?
    If you belong to a labor union, there are ways it can help you. You should talk to your union representative about your concerns. If it would make you feel more comfortable, ask some of your co-workers to go with you to talk to your representative. Your union contract might have language that protects union members, such as an agreement with the employer that has one or more of the following provisions:

The employer will not allow any Immigration officers to enter the workplace without a valid warrant signed by a federal judge or magistrate.

The employer will immediately notify the union if the Immigration authorities contact the employer for any purpose so that the union can take steps to protect the rights of its members.

The employer will provide employees I-9 employment eligibility verification forms to Immigration officers for inspection only if they have a search warrant or a court order signed by a federal judge or magistrate.

The employer will allow lawyers or community advocates brought by the union to interview employees in as private a setting as possible in the workplace. The union might also have a legal plan, which provides workers with immigration attorneys.

The e employer agrees not to reveal the names, addresses, or immigration status of any employees to Immigration.

The e employer will not participate in any computer verification of employees immigration or work authorization status.

9:34 AM1 Comments(Add Comment) |4 Kudos 2 Kudos
    1 Kudos
    0 Kudos
    Print

Previous Post: San Bernardino County is spending an estimated $38 million annually on health, child care and l | Back to Blog List | Next Post: Impact on the American Workforce and US Immigration.

PatriotWatchdog

Shame is the very least and mildest of adjectives to describe the irresponsible actions of Congress for 30+ years in protecting America. The National Illegal Immigration Boycott Coalition and ALIPAC are definitely on the right course in defining the core problems. We've allowed this to go on for so long, and become so convoluted, that what were once mere symptoms of a border control deficiency have now manifested themselves into full-blown problems of their own. Irresponsible agreements with other nations with no regard for America's well-being, yielding a mindful eye only to those movers and shakers that would benefit personally, unaffected by the plight of the average American, have netted us so many laws, exemptions, exceptions to the rule, that even the most diligent immigration officer, or law enforcement officer must feel quite defeated before he even knocks on the door. Legal immigrants are part of the fabric that strengthens America. Insurgent foreign nationals with the aid of scalawags and scoundrels hell-bent on subverting our laws, our courts, our borders, our language, our melded culture will be our demise. Securing the borders and overhauling the immigration process and levels is imperative. We do not have another 30 years to spare. All legal citizens and resident immigrants should be riding like the wind that Paul Revere faced on his famous ride to our leaders demanding action now. Unlike Mr. Revere, the invasion we are up against isn't pending, it is upon us. We should also focus our attentions at the state and local levels to encourage the state legislatures to step in and protect the interest of their legal citizens and not wait for Uncle Sam to do it. States have passed the buck off to the federal government on immigration issues for far too long. State and local leaders also take an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States. The responsibility belongs to us all.

Posted by PatriotWatchdog on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 1:16 AM
    [Reply to this]

Yup, that's the one.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The link for the National Immigration Law Center (NILC) is:

http://www.nilc.org/

IMMIGRANT CHILDREN'S HEALTH IMPROVEMENT ACT
    ICHIA Approved by Senate Finance Committee; On to Senate Floor. There's still a chance to make a difference!
    (Posted 1/21/09)

IN-STATE TUITION (AB 540, CALIFORNIA)
    Martinez v. Regents of the University of California: California Supreme Court Grants Petition for Review of Court of Appeal's Decision. (For more on this case, see "California Court Ruling on In-State Tuition Is Not the Last Word," which explains that, though the court of appeal overturned the lower court's decision dismissing a challenge to AB 540, the law remains in effect pending the outcome of appeals.) (12/23/0

HEALTH CARE FOR IMMIGRANT CHILDREN
    Poll Results Show Widespread Support for Healthcare for Every Child. Polling data released by First Focus reveals that 79 percent of Americans support expanding SCHIP to cover lawfully present immigrant children. Currently, such children and pregnant women face a five-year waiting period before they are eligible for SCHIP coverage. (See also our ICHIA page.) (Posted 12/22/0

I-9 EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATION
    Documents Acceptable for Employment Eligibility Verification, 73 FR 76505-17 (Dec. 17, 200. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has published an interim final rule with request for comments. The deadline for submitting comments is Feb. 2, 2009. (12/17/0

TEMPORARY PROTECTED STATUS (TPS)
    On Dec. 15, USCIS automatically extended the validity of employment authorization documents held by Salvadoran nationals in current TPS status from Mar. 9, 2009, through Sept. 9, 2009. Previously (on Nov. 24), USCIS extended the TPS reregistration period for Hondurans and Nicaraguans, and automatically extended reregistrants' employment authorization documents until July 5, 2009. (12/15/0

[...]

ENFORCEMENT OF IMMIGRATION LAW BY STATES & LOCALITIES Facts About Federal Preemption: How to analyze whether state and local initiatives are an unlawful attempt to enforce federal immigration law or regulate immigration. (6/28/07)

[...]

http://www.nilc.org/pubs/orderfrm.htm

To place an order, please print out this form, complete it, and send it with your check, made payable to "National Immigration Law Center," to: NILC Publications, 3435 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2850, Los Angeles, CA 90010. To view a publication's description, click its title below.

Publication
    Price
    Quantity
    Total

Guide to Immigrant Eligibility for Federal Programs, Fourth Edition (Guide update page available here.)
    $30 - nonprofits
    Sale Price
    while supplies last!
    (Bulk order form available here)

Yup, that's the one.
    I am noticing that they keep referring to "Immigrants Rights" when what they really mean are the rights of illegal aliens. Immigrant Rights are in reality covered in a different set of laws for individuals who follow the law when they immigrate here legally.

Illegal aliens are not immigrants no matter how much they twist the language.

tinybob, thank you for getting the message out. What a good thing for all.

Lou, and others cannot know about everything, so when you and all of us inform, we help everyone. Read the Nashville English Only Thread with a Lou Dobbs interview. Information and education are invaluable.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Yeah, and right after I turned the radio back up, I heard Lou ask them "what did you call them?" So, he was disturbed by this, too.

I sent the link from here into an email the other day. I clicked on my "sent" file and the link opened up perfectly for me.

I printed out the entire pamphlet from that link, with no problem.

I just talk to Senator Jorgenson, and he said he made 33 copies of it.

Three cheers tinybobidaho!

Great job!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast