Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Showed video and displayed tactics of the smugglers at border -
    Groups send 1 'decoy' person to get apprehended, then sneak larger groups across nearby. The decoy in the example video assaulted the Fed BP agent arresting him.

(At commercial break 9:20pm PT)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks, Phred, I'm reading ====
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Back from break..

Now talking about Pres Calderon and his criticism US policy, political activity, etc.

Now, about Boosh's $1.4 billion 'aid' package to help with problems
    (The "Merida Initiative")
    Now, interviewing James Roberts of Heritage Foundation.

About developing state of Mexico, endemic corruption; talking about gov't and military specific actions at border.

"End Use Monitoring" - key to making serious progress according to Roberts.
    Calderon showing seriousness, but needs significant resources, and expertise to start to address problem.

<end Roberts>

Now, next up Laredo TX.

(Commercial break)

Back from commercial break (9:30pm PT)

Now, situation in Laredo TX / Nuevo Laredo MEX

Overviewing murders, kidnappings in Laredo.

Panel Interviews:

Sheriff Flores (Laredo TX) interview.

Zetas teaming with paramilitary from Guatemala, growing, don't see possible to control this problem.

Other guest (Rusty Fleming) - narco traffickers are ruthless.

Flores - (thank you - by Glenn) I'm glad I could come on national TV and bring attention to the problem; and am concerned about 1.4 billion to Mex, the corruption makes it unlikely aid will be put to good use. Corruption is endemic.

Henry Cuellar US Rep. (D-TX) now going to speak...
    We have to do something.
    We have to look at big picture. Pres Calderon has taken bold steps.
    Cald. asking or assistance. We have to help him.
    We need to stop the flow of drugs into the US.

Glenn to Flores : What should DC do?
    Flores: We should be investing the money in our country, and building our abilities on this side of the border.

Glenn (to Fleming): Tell me about conversation to drug cartel..
    Fleming: 500 kilos over border overnight - on demand, as needed.
    Smugglers are super-confident in bringing large amounts of drugs in on short notice. Not impressed by Calderon's actions so far; kidnapped Americans still not resolved.

Glenn (to Flores; Sheriff tries to speak; tells him to wait until after break)...

(Commercial break 9:37pm PT.)

After break: 9:38pm PT

Glenn asking Cuellar; about sending aid / troops to border;

Cuellar - isn't going to happen. Gangs using powerful weapons, etc.
    "We have to look at the big picture" (repeats, again...)

Glenn: We've had it up to <here> with Mexico"...

Flores: asks Cuellar - Who is he representing? Calderon, or us Sheriff's who need resources?

Cuellar to Flores: - "You're job is to be a County Sheriff, not a US congressman, you're job is to look at county problems, and not worry about the bigger picture".

Flores to Cuellar: "How much money have you sent to my district to help Sheriff's like me?"

Glenn to Cuellar: "Shame on you sir. That was the worst response I've ever had on my show" [Oooooh!]

Cuellar: We have to look at the bigger picture and work with Mexico. We have made progress, <blah, blah>

Glenn tries to touch upon subject of missing Americans in N. Laredo.

Flores - regarding missing Americans: We still don't know where they are and their status.

(Going to break 9:43pm PT)

Flores:

Wow! I like what he said to this congresscritter. This man is not interesting in what is best for Texas or the US. He is sickening, makes me ashamed to be a Texan.

Back from break 9:46pm PT

Interview 2 relatives of missing people (Americans) that went missing in N. Laredo MEX.

Women speaking in broken, Spanish-accented English.

Talking to man, about kidnapped daughter-in-law, was kidnapped by traffic cop and given as a 'gift' to drug cartel thug.

Glenn asks - 'how do you know this'?
    Guy - We know that, we found it out.

Glenn - rushed for time - "How do you feel about the 1.5 billion being given to the Mex. military.

Guy - it will only continue the corruption and will

Glenn - I want you to know that I will beat this issue night after night and get answers about your family members.

(9:50pm PT)

(Transcriber fatigue - I'll stop here folks).

nntrixie - I have a funny feeling he is going to hear about those comments for a long time into the future GRRRR!

Sheriff Flores has been on a lot of national programs trying to get people educated and interested in what's going on in his area (war zone?). He's been on Dobbs, O'Reilly (I think), Beck, etc. I can tell, he really needs the help, but isn't getting it. I wish there was something tangible and immediate we could do(?)

Time to go see the "Border" movie - that's a good start.

Oh, Phred, thank you so much.

Sometimes I miss TV - but most of it isn't good for my blood pressure.

That was great and I appreciate what you did.

Thanks.

nntrixie - Hey, you bet. Glad I could help. (I know, sometimes it's not good for me either).

Martha - a late "welcome board'! Glad you could join us.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast