Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

WELL THEY PRINTED MY LETTER TO THE EDITOR

They printed my letter to the editor in the paper. However, they edited the quote from Theodore Roosevelt and omitted this paragraph in bold:

As President Theodore Roosevelt said:
    "In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin.

BUT this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all.

We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - THEODORE ROOSEVELT

They also printed the original letter of a writer that told of students tearing the American flag from their study books.

Although they printed our letters, the prefaced with this editors note:

"The following letters do not reflect the views of the VVVVVVV VVVVVV and are entirely the opinions of the individual writers. We attempted to diffuse the allegations made in one of the letters, by pointing out in an article last week that the situation involved was taken seriously by the school and children are disciplined. We understand the need for the paper to provide a public forum for people's opinions and we believe people have a right to express their opinions, but we hve no intention of allowing the VVVVvv VVVVV to become a standing forum for negative and inflammatory allegations - from either side of this hot-button issue on an on-going basis."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Isn't it Amazing the leangths they go to be Politically Correct. When did all of these so called Americans lose their spines?
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

BUT this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all.
    So they feel free to chop up a quote by President Theodore Roosevelt.

Here is another of his:

"For an American citizen to vote as a German-American, an Irish-American, or an English-American, is to be a traitor to American institutions; and those hyphenated Americans who terrorize American politicians by threats of the foreign vote are engaged in treason to the American Republic." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Did they state they had editted your letter?

Restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions. It is the one un-American act that could most easily defeat us.- William Orville Douglas
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No they did not state that they edited the quote or the letter. I also had part of my letter talking about the Reconquista movement and how the Absolut Vodka ad proved my facts. Here is the unedited letter:

Editor: In response to:

“School Responds to Allegations of Student Disrespectâ€

Good for you, Gogo. At least you got some of it in there. It just makes you so mad because the media is running the country that is supposed to belong to all the people, not just an elite few.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

One thing I'm glad for is, I think they were forced to print the original letter to the editor because of the article the wrote and didn't back it up with the letter that spurred them to interview the school. I now have the name of the writer of that letter. I'm hoping to contact her and see if I can't build a group of people here in my town for NumbersUSA, Alipac and for talking to the council about 287 (g).

Here is her letter:

As an American citizen of Hispanic descent, I am concerned about the negative consequences illegal immigrants are having in our community and especially our public schools. I have talked to a NUMBER of citizens in our community, and it seems to be a topic of frustration for MANY. The main topics of frustration are that illegal immigrants refuse to speak English and openly disrespect our country and our flag. Most illegal immigrants also refuse to acclimate to our community.

I have an example of disrespect that happened with my daughter at school. There were a handful of children that bragged about being from Mexico and said that the Mexican flag was the future flag of our country. They then tore out the American flag from their Social Studies books. I feel that the Legal American citizen has lost many of their rights and privileges to political correctness.

We are powerless because laws favor the rights of illegal immigrants and seem to penalize legal citizens. Why do we need to accommodate their language, their culture and their flag?

XXXXXXX

Actually Teddy Roosevelt who my great grandfather and grandfather knew was kind of inconsistant. He was anti British and sympatized with Afrikaaner South Africans during the Boer War. That period was also a time that a lot of Dutch farmers from upstate New York were losing farms to British American merchants and bankers.
    Those who knew him felt that he might be identifying. My great grandfathers mother was also from a Dutch Reformed background.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Congradulations Gogo, Good job any way, getting letters in your local papers is so important....keep up the great work!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Good job in getting so many letters printed! That's hard to do.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

UPDATE:

Well I tracked down the original letter writer and we just got off the phone. Her husband is a Minuteman here in town. They will be participating in an opposition march in Santa Rosa on May 1. They have police protection and going for it.

Her friend is at the border right now for the month of April. She read my letter to her over the phone and her whole family is sooooooo happy that she wrote her letter and got this issue to light and now my response. They were thrilled with what I wrote.

When I read to her the original letter - not the redacted in the paper. She said "Oh my gosh, they are suppressing your speech." She is going to call later and we've talked about trying to get the 287 (g) started her in town. We'll see what happens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast