Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do I say?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I'm getting ready to show my age and ask, "WHAT IS CYBERPUNK???"!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Cyberpunk is a role playing game written in the 1980's much like Dungeons and Dragons (yeah, I admitt my geekiness openly) but instead of it being the past, it is set in a science fiction type not-too-distant future.

The game is based off of the writing of people like William Gibson and other sci-fi authors who predicted the world of this not-too-distant future would be controled by huge corperations that have poisoned the planet and controlled its inhabitants. Most laws are passed specifically with corperations in mind. The writers of this game also took real technology that seemed far-fetched at the time but were real ideas in the works like nanobots and cybernetics. Basically, corperations have free reign.

I know it was just a game, don't get me wrong, but I'm seeing things in society that I can draw parallels to that I'm not liking like gated communities, globalization, wars on ideas, control of the media, etc...It's a very involved game that took alot of foresight to write. Very fun and imaginative, as well.

Movies like The Matrix, Blade Runner, and Johnny Mnemonic are straight out of the cyberpunk genre.

I'm not saying that the world is going to become completely like that but I am a bit concerned about how corperations have so much power over our lawmakers and how the world is moving closer to a 3rd world global village mentality.

I said I played the game too much in an attempt to be funny. Now I'm starting to think about that. Hmmm...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! SCARY!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I know this post is a little old, but I just had to put my four cents in. On account of inflation/cost of living, it's no longer, 'put my two cents in. If wanting to preserve America makes me a racist, then I wear the title proudly. If wanting to have English as the official language makes me a bigot, then I also wear this title proudly. If my anger over the invasion makes me a hater, I wear this title proudly too. I can easily see through the ridiculous illogic of multiculturalism/diversity and if this makes me a mal-content, then this too is worn proudly.
    Call me anything you like because these names don't mean anything to me, or many of us, anymore. They no longer hold any power and are getting weaker by the day. I have noticed you people who are brain dead (programmed to believe diversity and multiculturalism is wonderful) never call us what we REALLY are. You never call us patriots. Never call us true Americans and never call us, correct and truthful. We know what we are and in that knowledge comes a great pride and determination in saving OUR country. Obviously, many of you people leave your country instead of fighting for it. Says volumes about your character.
    William, I do agree with you about the anger...up to a point. I myself have been guilty in the past of getting angry when losing an argument. Thankfully maturity and time has taught me to secede graciously when I'm out debated. Now to get past the agreement point. On the other hand, I believe a lack of anger is hurting us a lot. It's a given many, many of us are extremely angry over what's happening to this country in so many different ways. All negative. Even those Americans who never say anything about illegal immigration are angry. Your organization, and many others, focuses this anger in constructive and positive ways. Yet, it's not hard to see where all of this is heading eventually. It will and has to boil over. France and Australia are prime examples. Our anger will have to be directed in this direction when the big blow up happens. For now, you're correct in how we should direct our anger, but in the future it will no longer be applicable. Your thoughts on this?

My thoughts on this are that I am "all in" for the 2006 elections.

I still believe that there is just enough time and a way to turn this around.

By the polls we have the numbers to change the membership and behavior of the Congress.

I have a little slogan that 2008 is too late! Of course, there will be more to do for 2008 but only if we make significant gains in 2006.

If Im looking around me and feel that we have failed on the state and national level, then I will step down or step back.

I'm not saying that I will give up on my nation, but I strongly feel that our window for a velvet political solution to the imbalance between the lawmakers and the public will be expired.

Of course, my view could change by the time we get there... who knows.

I just know that I feel passionately that this is the case and I'm going to do all in my power to encourage and organize historic action on this issue in the 2006 elections.

I feel that if we should fail in this civic and lawful crusade then the different scenarios that will transpire are very grave.

The existing law and a strong majority of American's are on our side. Let's hope that enough of us can organize that to overcome the financial advantage of our corporate opponents and the racist hatred of our grass roots opponents.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123