Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

dlm, I wish I shared your optimism, although it wouldn't surprise me if some people stopped hiring them. Still the number I saw this morning was shocking. How's Florida holding out?
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

Well, hold the phone. Maybe all of what I saw wasn't illegals after all. Seems the SD Minutemen protested there today. So, woohoo for the good guys!

http://www.10news.com/news/9249365/detail.html

ENCINITAS, Calif. -- About 30 members of the Minuteman Project protested against illegal immigration on Saturday at a spot where migrants typically gather for work in North County, authorities said.

The Minutemen, organized to fight illegal immigration into this country, arrived around 8 a.m. Saturday at the 100 block of Encinitas Boulevard, sheriff's Sgt. Chris Serritella said.

They held signs aloft and waved when passing motorists honked at them, 10News reported.

Meanwhile, migrants looking for day labor waited in the same area -- as they usually do -- for prospective employers to come pick them up.

No motorists stopped to hire workers while the sergeant was there, he said.

Sheriff's Lt. Scott Rossall said Minutemen also went to a site in Vista but it was unclear where they had gathered.

No disturbances were reported.
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

Anyone driving on Encinitas Blvd. this morning between 8-11am I'm sure you also saw a group of American citizens working with the SDMM. My husband were among this group. We're a bit sunburned but proud of what we did this morning
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

Good for you, Bearpaw. I didn't pass in front of the Shell, so I only caught an oblique angle of what was going on. That's why I was so amazed at the size of the crowd. The fact that it was partly the Minutemen, well, that just warms my heart. As I said in a post above, Encinitas was overdue. Was it SD Minutemen? Where was the demonstration noticed? I would have LOVED to participate.
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

The day labor site I see every morning is a different one. It is right before you get to Rancho Santa Fe. It's a big one--usually 30-35 men. Lately, there are many more. It's Encinitas Blvd. and Rancho Santa Fe Rd.

dlm, I wish I shared your optimism, although it wouldn't surprise me if some people stopped hiring them. Still the number I saw this morning was shocking. How's Florida holding out?
    Well no one here is as bad as California. In fact I do not know how you stand it. I know I could not live there I would have endangered myself for speaking my mind long before this stage. We have our fair share of illegals but the majority are at the southern most part of the state. I used to live in south Florida but saw the writing on the wall a long time ago and moved a few hours north. Still have them here but not as bad.

concernedmother,

Was it SD Minutemen? Where was the demonstration noticed? I would have LOVED to participate.
    Yes we were with the MM in front of Denny's west of I-5. A few people walking by came and joined us. Our group 25-30 was wonderful, and we so much fun and a little sun burned. The media have done nothing but give these MM such a bad rap. When all they're doing is for all American citizens. We made it clear to all who drove by us. This issue is not about race, but about illegal aliens. I will post future rallies here on the forum.

Who is in control?

I am fairly lucky where I live. We have maybe 2000 or 3000 illegal aliens in this area. I live in Savannah, Ga where there are 2 Army posts with 30,000 to 35,000 troops not including family members. As such almost 1/4 of the population consists of military. Many local communities have a large number of military tenants so the chance for illegal aliens to turn them into third world sewers as is the case for many other communities is small. Savannah with 170,000 people is Majority African-American, Minority white and hispanics make up less than 1 percent of the population. The city's main industries are military support and tourism. We have serious gang problems but they are populated by indigenous citizens. Illegal aliens are clustered in small commmunities and when I go past them they do look pretty neat and well kept. The crime rate from them is low although we have had several incidents of DUI's and assaults on senior citizens and kids. Illegal Hispanics are too occupied with the large number of crimes being perpetrated against them by gangs. It is the military constituent that prevents Illegal aliens from becoming entrenched in even larger numbers and I hope it remains that way.

ProudUsCitizen,

The day labor site I see every morning is a different one. It is right before you get to Rancho Santa Fe. It's a big one--usually 30-35 men. Lately, there are many more. It's Encinitas Blvd. and Rancho Santa Fe Rd.
    There's a rally planned today for this Rancho Santa Fe location. We're going to keep rallying in these two areas until they are shut down.

That's awesome. I wish I could join you today. Keep posting info on these. I'll make it to one. I can't tell you how happy I am that some of the crowd I noticed yesterday was y'all. How many day laborers do you think there were waiting around yesterday? I'm curious if my premise that there are suddenly more malingerers than ever is still true. I've noticed more lately. They also hang out on Encinitas Blvd. at the Chevron (I think?) where you turn to go to the YMCA--right off the 5 and the other side of the 5 from where you protested yesterday. It's a smaller pickup location but I've noticed more there lately, too.
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast