Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I nominate BANK OF AMERICA

Here's a transcript of the segment on The Race conference.

WIAN (voice over): The four-day conference began Saturday with an event billed as Cafe con Clinton, with the former president telling the National Council of La Raza exactly what they wanted to hear, he supports amnesty for illegal aliens.

WILLIAM JEFFERSON CLINTON, FMR. PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES: And I think that we have to keep giving other people the opportunity to come here to make this a great country by living their own dreams.

WIAN: Clinton was full of praise for his wife's efforts to raise the minimum wage, for the two Latino immigrant women he said cut his hair, and for his hosts. The National Council of La Raza not only advocates amnesty, it helps illegal aliens avoid apprehension by immigration authorities.

Its Web site promotes a link to a three-page National Immigration Law Center paper entitled "Immigration Enforcement: Know Your Rights at Home and at Work." It instructs illegal aliens to not allow immigration agents into their home without a warrant. If there is a warrant, it suggests talking to officers outside, to protect other illegal aliens in the house. And it advises them to go into hiding if they hear immigration is asking questions about them.

Still, Republican California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger addressed the conference. So did Republican U.S. Senator Sam Brownback.

SEN. SAM BROWNBACK (R), KANSAS: Hola, y buenos dias. Yo soy Sam Brownback, el senador de Kansas. Gracias por invitarme.

WIAN: Bank of America sponsored the conference. It was the first to offer free remittance service to Mexico and claims a 70 percent share of the Hispanic market.

LYNN PIKE, PRESIDENT, BANK OF AMERICA CALIFORNIA: As many as half of the Hispanic households in the United States are currently on bank. That fact alone would give us huge growth potential.

WIAN: Though the La Raza conference addressed other issues, including health care and jobs, immigration was clearly center stage.

(on camera): And it will continue to be. Tuesday's speakers include White House adviser Karl Rove, New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson, and civil rights activist Jesse Jackson.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WIAN: Bank of America sponsored the conference. It was the first to offer free remittance service to Mexico and claims a 70 percent share of the Hispanic market.
    If 40 million depositors withdrew their money from Bank of America, all in one day, the bank would crumble.

THAT, is the kind of protest that I believe it is going to take to win the war against illegal immigration.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

LadyD,
    I was a mechanic for thirty years and if you have what you think is a American made car sitting in your driveway, guess again.
    There are parts on it from all over the world, this started happening years ago and mechanics had to spend thousands of dollars(of our own money) buying metric tools so we could work on them.
    Anybody who thinks buying Ford or Chevy is buying American can forget it, there is no such thing! In fact many Chevy's are made in Mexico so if you own one go out and look at the tag in the door jam and see what it says.
    I have bought parts from Ford and it says on the box "made in Hungary".
    There are very few made in the USA items out there and it has been this way for a long time!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MountainDog,

So I found out! Lol. Talk about a rude wake up call for me!
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

I would love to put Home Depot out of business.
    I thought that i'd bypass Home Depot when buying some supplies for work and went to Lowe's instead....big mistake... every sign in the store was in both english and spanish
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

I Second Bank America. I'm not a depositor, but I hereby will close two CC accounts I have with them tonight.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A week without Americans shopping would do the trick...eat those left over cans of soup in the cabinets, put off purchases....just announce that we are boycotting EVERYTHING by not shopping for one week....that would WAKE THEM UP.
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

You know, it's heartening to know that, in the event that Americans ever really unite on this issue, it won't take anything more than simply hitting companies in their money belts to solve this problem.

But, alas, Americans are NOT united on the issue of illegal immigration. The majority of Americans are oblivious to it, a small number of Americans are for it, and an even smaller number of Americans are actively fighting it. As long as this is the balance of things, we have no hope of ending illegal immigration.

Somehow, some way, we have to wake up America!
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Here's a thought folks - a big reason the American Indians lost this continent is because they couldn't unite.

Let's do what we can to avoid that pitfall. I think we all should find a "common enemy" in the business world. Talk to our friends, relatives, acquaintences -- any one we can convince to boycott that "enemy". There are a lot of bright people on these boards - if each person has 10 friends who would be willing to go along (and they have 10 friends, etc.), it does begin to build momentum. In five levels, we could reach 1 million people.

I'd say that was pretty significant.

Does anyone know what a radio or TV spot costs?

Hey Pinto I could go without shopping for awhile, will just stock up on soap and stuff so I do not get stinky, LOL
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast