Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Whatever day/weekend is picked, I think we should do this BEFORE the November elections , so the idgits in congress get the picture better.

It is important to decide if we want to get some publicity or if we actually want to force changes.

If we just want to get some publicity - we might or might not do it with a 'one-day stay away' from Wal Mart. There is nothing wrong with that - but it would do almost nothing about the illegal problem.

Now if we stayed away from Wal Mart for a month or couple of months - all of us - or at least a large percentage of the people - it might force some change. Wal Mart is not a big employer of illegals - comparatively speaking, so it would help some as the products won't get bought - but Wal Mart is always a reasonable target for a lot of reasons.

If we want to force some changes about the illegals, we have to get into their pocketbooks and for more than just a day. We have to be large enough in number and stay away long enough that they will feel the hurt. We have to do more than just get their attention. We have their attention now. These employers know what they are doing and they know how much the citizens are againt it - they just don't care. They don't care because up until now, we have continued to give them our money - so why should they change. If we withhold our monies from the employers - one industry at a time - they simply won't have the money to hire the illegals. It won't be a matter of their realizing their wrongdoing, or paying attention to citizens - it will just be an economic matter they will have to face.

Yes, the agricultural field is one of the largest and I don't have a problem with boycotting fresh veggies. I am willing to do that - especially since in this part of the country, fresh veggies are just too outrageously high and of pretty poor quality. Since a large percentage of our veggies are imported, we would be hitting the trade issue as well as the illegal issue.

The question is - how do we get to the majority of the people - and how do we get them fired up???

How do we convince them the simple act of NOT buying will solve the problem?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie

Yes, the agricultural field is one of the largest and I don't have a problem with boycotting fresh veggies. I am willing to do that - especially since in this part of the country, fresh veggies are just too outrageously high and of pretty poor quality. Since a large percentage of our veggies are imported, we would be hitting the trade issue as well as the illegal issue.
    Actually, boycotting the fruit and vegetable industry makes more sense to me. That's one of the major arguments for keeping the illegals.

There are plenty of "organic" fruits and vegetables here in Colorado. I would guess that, especially at this time of year, we could find all sorts of "fruit/vegetable" stands put up by locals that we could buy from. I also know of "organic" grocery stores, but we'd have to check to see where their produce came from.

The question is - how do we get to the majority of the people - and how do we get them fired up???

How do we convince them the simple act of NOT buying will solve the problem?
    NOW, that is a horse of a different color.

The only thing I can think of doing is actually taking out ads in newspapers promoting local (non-illegal) growers. It would have to be worded carefully, so as not to promote any kind of racist rhetoric. Perhaps just encouraging American to support "local industry".

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345