Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

When I asked to speak to an American he lost it!

I had to make several important calls this morning one to
    Dish Network who outsources to India!!! Well the Indian guy
    would not cooperate with my request and acted like too bad
    so sad for me. I asked to speak to an American and he became
    loud - telling me "I AM IN INDIA ma'am." I told him I knew
    this and wished to speak to an American. He said he would transfer
    me to his supervisor. I asked if he/she was an American. He grew
    HOT and said the 800 # I called was the only free # and that's where
    he was. I called him an idiot and called the sales dept. I KNEW an American would answer there. The guy laughed and said
    he could transfer me but there was no guarantee I'd get an
    American. I told him I'd keep calling until I reached someone
    that sounded like me. He said that they trust them with
    setting up these accounts & that was it. He put me on
    hold for a long time but the next person was an
    AMERICAN that could help me with my problem.

Let me add I went online to their instant chat and asked if
    I were chatting with an American and they took FOREVER
    to reply. Finally "Sharon" said she wasn't allowed to tell
    me that information. I figure she wasn't cause I can't
    imagine a full bloodied American wouldn't hesitate at that
    question company policy or not. I called her a name that
    was bleeped out and disconnected.

I totally lost the good feeling I had after bible study last night
    messing around with these idiots.

By the way do we have complaint form letters regarding companies that outsource?
    Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed.
    Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Yes, I've sparred with them too. They sometimes claim that we pretend not to understand them, but by gosh it's often enough true!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And... don't forget to make the loudest statement possible:

Let your business ($) go to someone that does support the US, and doesn't engage in off-shoring/outsourcing jobs (eg. check the competition carefully, as I know Comcast is just as guilty in this area of outsourcing jobs). Try to find a local or regional provider that still provides decent service at an acceptable price.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I refused to let a doctor treat me in the hospital because I could not understand him.They did not like it and that made me angry and more resolute! I mentioned it could be grounds for a law suit if I could not understand the questions being asked to determine my illness and therefor I would not get proper treatment.That seemed to grab their attention !

When I called support at Microsoft I could not undersand them either and complained.I called other depts. of Micro until I found an American to handle my problem.

Americans have not complained in the past because they do not like confrontation and these companies counted on their silence so they could do as they pleased.

Americans are finally standing up for their rights and really upsetting Big Business Apple Carts and they do not like it !!!

TO BAD
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    I refused to let a doctor treat me in the hospital because I could not understand him.They did not like it and that made me angry and more resolute! I mentioned it could be grounds for a law suit if I could not understand the questions being asked to determine my illness and therefor I would not get proper treatment.That seemed to grab their attention !

When I called support at Microsoft I could not undersand them either and complained.I called other depts. of Micro until I found an American to handle my problem.

Americans have not complained in the past because they do not like confrontation and these companies counted on their silence so they could do as they pleased.

Americans are finally standing up for their rights and really upsetting Big Business Apple Carts and they do not like it !!!

TO BAD
    I had the same problems with Microsoft! Every call Dell with a very hard question? HP is guilty too!!! HAHA its a joke! My clients have these machines and I need to call them sometimes for verification purposes or further info...
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by BorderLegionnaire
    Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot

TO BAD
    I had the same problems with Microsoft! Every call Dell with a very hard question? HP is guilty too!!! HAHA its a joke! My clients have these machines and I need to call them sometimes for verification purposes or further info...
    BL, here's a good cartoon making fun of Dell's outsourcing. It's a good one!

http://www.byronsolomon.com/photos/disp ... 74&pos=113
    Just one word for all the Dishnetwork subscribers, FTA!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Good Job!

I need to start doing that! Hate it when Im calling a company and I get some person who's English is worst then...well, an illegal.

When will companies learn we're Americans?
    [/i]
    Illegals are Illegal..thats why we call them illegals.

I had a similar problem with tech support for Linksys (India) when I needed help with my router. I had to speak with 5 different people before I was finally connected with someone who spoke decent English. The first four gave me the wrong instructions, and I was so angry by the time I called the fifth time, I was ready to scream. It's a shame so many American companies have chosen to outsource to India. If they insist on doing it, at least they should require that the people dealing with Americans are at least proficient in English. It's very frustrating.

Then, I went to McDonald's with my brother. All I wanted was a small order of fries and a Dr. Pepper. We were in the drive-thru and my brother gave the guy (Spanish accent) my order. He had to repeat the order 4 times before the guy understood. My brother was hot! He yelled into the speaker, "If you people can't understand English, you shouldn't be working here!"

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    And... don't forget to make the loudest statement possible:

Let your business ($) go to someone that does support the US, and doesn't engage in off-shoring/outsourcing jobs (eg. check the competition carefully, as I know Comcast is just as guilty in this area of outsourcing jobs). Try to find a local or regional provider that still provides decent service at an acceptable price.
    I don't think DirecTV out sources. Whenever I call I get an American.

Brother printers is all American based

Mac computers is all American based (or at least it was)

Sonic.net is based in Santa Rosa, CA and all locally based. I hear their DSL service is great.

LOL...sippy that was great.

It is a nightmare to me to try and talk to customer service. When my dad died I had his phone disconnected. I moved in a few months later and got a phone again. About a year later...I started getting bills charged to my dads old number from pay-phones in the area. It was a nightmare and hours of transfers to various people not all that fluent in English trying to explain the situation. But he charged these calls to this number.......sorry but he can't be charging these numbers because he's dead...deaf? ...no deceased......but records show....dugh....it's insane. I mean I do much better trying to handle these issues face to face than on the phone anyway....but there is no place to go for that anymore. I cringe when they want to put you on hold because 9 times out of 10 all I ever get is disconnected to start the fiasco all over again.

I gave up on Dell.....prefere not to deal with Comcast again and well Trac Fone is an all day adventure as well.

All they've managed to do is make it to where you no longer have a choice and are forced to pay top dollar for sub-standard service. I crack when I see adds for customer service "bi-lingual a must"......might be nice to get someone who actually speaks English for a change.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast