Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: I stopped buying Dell computers

Quote Originally Posted by Documented_Worker
    because every time I needed any kind of support I wound up speaking with someone from Sri Lanka or India. I'd purchased at least six Dells at the time, and told them never again. I went down to Comp USA and bought an HP...from an English speaker.

A couple of years ago my sister-in-law called Dell about some problem she was experiencing with an installation. After five phone calls, all, apparently, routed overseas, she still hadn't gotten any help. Finally, in exasperation, my brother called a friend of his who is a international finance executive for Dell based in Asia. The guy called a Dell office in Texas( I think) and got through to American tech support, and they sorted out her problem in short order.

Isn't Comp USA owned by that Mexican billionaire weasel, Carlos Slim?

I'm self-employed(work at home) as an independent contractor for a number of large companies. The home-sourcing industry is growing rapidly, partially due to the many complaints companies have received from Americans who are fed up with outsourcing. Although these businesses have to pay more to American workers, they still save on B&M costs by home-sourcing, and they appease disgruntled customers at the same time. Dell has started home-sourcing some of their services, although it's still pretty limited. I can tell you that I've received hundreds of complaints from customers about having their call routed overseas. I can now fully appreciate the extent of American outrage. People often tell me how relieved they are to be speaking with an American. I have more work-at-home options than I could have ever imagined, and I hope this industry continues to grow. It has kept thousands of jobs, in a variety of fields, in the US. So let's keep complaining.

Tell me about Boston hospitals - I work in one - they bend over backwards for anyone who is NOT American. Of course, they have English/Spanish signs all over the place, and they have a "multicultural" group (I wrote them by e-mail once and said, "if you're multicultural, you have to include us European Americans, otherwise, call yourselves "minority" group because you're NOT multicultural". I never heard back. They do not include caucasians in their club).

It used to be when I worked here in the 80's, they would use employees as interpreters as "volunteers". I supervised two guys from Cambodia, so they'd be called once in awhile. NOW, they hire people, and actually have to PAY for interpretation because nobody wants to learn the language even if they LIVE here. Lots of patients come from other countries, and that's one thing - but if you LIVE in the U.S., comon, now!!

OK, here is an interesting story. Where I work we have a Vietnamese immigrant (legal, now US Citizen) who takes care of our computers, he is pretty smart about them. Anyway he calls up Dell technical support for a problem he had. Apparently for business customers the Dell support is US based with Americans.

Well, the Dell support guy could not understand our Vietnamese computer tech!! After a while and some frustration he said he could not understand our tech because of his accent, and asked to talk to an "English speaker"! So I took over and translated what our computer tech needed.

I can generally understand what our Vietnamese employee is saying, but I have an advantage in being able to talk face to face, it does help.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sorry, double post
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm at McDonald's.
    All Mex in the back except the manager, a white lady.
    They're all speaking spanish in the back food prep area.

I ordered, watched & listened as they preparing the food. Then one looked in my direction after saying something, in spanish, & both smiled... a devilish kind. The kind like I did something to your food.

I asked for the manager & said, (semi-loudly) "Did I hear right? Those two said something about mouse droppings in the food?"

She said: "Oh no, of course not. We just had the inspector here this morning & gave us a clean bill."

I said: "Well how am I supposed to know what there talking about if it's not in English? All I understood in spanish was, mouse droppings. Why are they not speaking English, they are in America?"

She said: "My hands are tied, I can not demand thay speak English. It's against our corporate lawyers guidelines."

I said: "Fine, I'll go elsewhere where they do speak English. I want my money back."

I got it & walked out. Funny thing was the other whites in line heard me. They quietly gasped when I mentioned about the "mouse droppings"... yet they stayed in line.

I no longer patronize any food service where the ethnic group is ALL Mexican. I'll say just above a normal volumn, "There's too many Mexicans working here, let's go." Some people walk out also, most don't.
    . . . . . TISK Tisk tisk. Sad, real sad.
    Remember when it was, United We stand... All for One... Don't Tread On Me... The We*People... The Alamo?*
    To all*Politicians,... SERVE the people, or the people will SERVE you.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567