Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    The 70's were the best, bicentennial, Rock n roll reaching new heights!
    Bikini's make their debut, Todays generation will never know, which sucks for them!
    Nope, the 50's were the best for visiting TJ, and things were rockin' in Anaheim casue Disneyland just opened and all of us Anaheim Colinists got jobs there.
    Pary time!

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    Anyone halfway intelligent (like us) could turn that place into a paradise, make millions and make it so nobody would want to leave

I was in Mexico in 1982 and I thought it had perhaps the greatest climate I had ever experienced in my life, beautiful warm but not humid weather, the size of twelve Californias.

But no, one of the worst cultures to ever inhabit a continent has been destroying this country, whining about "cleaning American toilets" and angrily leeching off of Americans.

What a tragedy.

How about legalizing drugs and end the drug war just like alcohol prohibition ended when alcohol was decriminalized?

Then, remove all incentives for illegals to enter the U.S. including birthright citizenship, free public education, free medical care, etc.

Afterward, we need to seal our borders.

I don't think the military needs to engage any more wars or occupations considering the two extremely costly overseas boondoggles which our forces or currently involved.

Yeah, the 50's were the best times to visit Mexico, We really screwed up letting the cartels have it and letting them come here at will.
    If we would have secured the border and made e-verify mandatory, Mexico would still be the "SOUTHERN STAR!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The 70's were cool. I never was into drugs though. As for taking over Mexico, I would have to nix that idea. That means their citizens would become Americans and we all know how that is going today with their anchor babies. I don't want people of a culture that arrogantly think they are above following laws or that think they should be treated special. They would insist we become a Hispanic nation and learn their language. Assimilation would not occur. With their high birthrates we would have an enormous population growth even considering the expanded land we would acquire. Poverty is another consideration. Again, no thanks.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alleycat
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    The 70's were the best, bicentennial, Rock n roll reaching new heights!
    Bikini's make their debut, Todays generation will never know, which sucks for them!
    Nope, the 50's were the best for visiting TJ, and things were rockin' in Anaheim casue Disneyland just opened and all of us Anaheim Colinists got jobs there.
    Pary time!
    Lol, you had to be a goody goody to work at Disneyland in the 70s

I was with a different crowd

The Osmond bros were "discovered" at disneyland

I was born and raised in Orange County..Left when I was 30..But Oh ya the beach was where it was at then disney or knots at night..It was sex drugs and rock n roll!! They parties the firepits the Wedge and losing a few bikini tops...But On shore always had something to throw on..I had brothers with me....My brother who is 63 was a big surfer and hung out with all the oldies and he surfed in the competions before they became big...It was fun that's the California nobody today will ever know...The 70s Rocked!! Oh HiWay 39 Oh yah you know what Im talking about!!
    I lost u know what there...Now its a walmart...

Banned
    I worked at Sunset Beach Marina , Worked on the old sport fishing boats in Newport Beach , hung out at Huntington Seacliffs , Seal Beach , the old Pike in Long Beach , I remember Knotts Berry farm when it was free to get in.
    I even worked for Safeway for 4 months and lived on Catalina Island

I remember going to Terminal Island at San Pedro to visit the Dutch village , going to the Tuna Canneries (when they were unloading the boats you could con a free tuna out of them most times)
    Silverado Canyon , Aliso beach and Laguna hills , Redondo Beach and King Harbor ,
    Applied for but didn't get a job at the old Fender guitar factory in Fullerton

Hung out nights at the local radio stations and knew all the DJs

Saw every major band of the 70s and only paid $9 - $15 for tickets
    Even learned how to sneak in and get back stage passes sometimes

Yes , the 70s in So Cal was a special time

Banned
    What really tweaked me was I had to work and couldn't go

My sister and her boyfriend snuck into Anaheim stadium the day before a big YES concert , when they were doing the sound checks

She had personal pictures with them and all the members of Yes

Sunset beach was my favorite as i got older and had kids..Mothers Beach drove me crazy..Sunset was where I went for peace... san onofre is where I learned how to surf..Now I don't think I could even get up on a board...But Seal beach was the best place to learn but my brother and his friends use to go on the surfing safaris hitting the beaches up and down pch to husseng mexico I know I'm not spelling it right ..or maybe i am but I hated mexico even back then it scared the crap out of me..The few times i went they would eye me and one time the cops were harssing all the surfers it scared me and I said never ever will I ever step foot in that country..I never did......

Oh did you ever hang out at the cliffts (rocks)..and the naked man on the rocks..He was always there but then my friends and I would always lay topless so I guess it didnt matter...No it did cause we would always laugh and make fun of him .......But Me N Mexico and the vibes gave me the chills...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast