Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Who is going to cut my grass?

Who is going to cut my grass?
    No kidding, this question was asked by a senior citizen when he responded to Letters to the editor recently in South West Florida
    Has every one forgot about teens that used to do this to help his or her family; or adding to his or her college fund. Right now they are not busy enough and we see more and more kids getting wild because both parents have to work to make ends meet
    Kids used to work and it kept them pretty much out of trouble; Plus they learned the value of a dollar. Now we have teens sitting on thier backside because local businesses that hire Illegal Aliens are to agressive and drives the kids out.
    I am from the tail end of the Greatest Generation and I would greatly urge my fellow peers to pull they're collective heads out of they're forth point of contact AS_ and go back to hiring kids to do odd jobs; painting, cutting grass in stead of hiring Illegal Aliens
    Who will cut my grass? damn, some of you people are so bambozzaled by bush and prescription drugs you dont know where in the H E double hockey sticks you are at ..... Its time for US, the Greatest Generation to make it happen... we cannot just sit back and watch this country fall to an Illegal Alien Invasion and Superior Presidente Jorge Boosh, Supreme Leader of the Bean Picker Nation and his Idea of a North American Union.

America needs us again "Let's Roll"
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I hire a kid on my street and his Dad makes sure to ask if I'm happy with the job.I see this family as a throw-back to the way I was raised and the kids I grew up with.The other kids on this street are too concerned with their electronic toys or just aren't motivated. hanging out.I hire only family and friends to do stuff I can't myself,many have fallen on hard times-can you guess why?Yep-lost jobs to illegals and can't get hired because their field is now dominated by them.

Most couples I see today don't want their precious darlings breaking a sweat or doing-shudder-manual labor.I don't like to say it but many-not all- are creating materialistic snobs who think certain jobs are beneath them,sorry to sound harsh but its what I'm seeing.Many adults seem to think they are above certain jobs,mostly 35 and younger.It is prevalent where I live.

Since when did honest work become something to be embarassed about?
    Its good to want your children to be successful and have a good life/job but never teach them that people who do certain jobs-trashman,window washer, etc-are to be looked down upon.

Rawhide!

When I was a young teenager, to young to work yet, I washed windows for the neighbors, did the whole house for five bucks! Now that I think about it, I could have made 10 bucks.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is endemic in our area, of Arlington, VA. It's an aging population that works, and they hire truck after truck of illegal yardies to do their dirty work. Trucks are parked all along the residential areas everyday.

I just think back to a time when you hired a teenager to do your yard. .and that was it. You didn't hire "crews" to do it. People are just thoughtless as to what this is doing to our country.

The kid who use to have a business walking through the neighborhood with his lawn mower has been out of business for several years. There used to be a couple of students that had a moving business and one group that had a lawn care busines. Both are out of business. They have been replaced at fast food resturants, supermarkets as baggers and stockers, etc.

But I believe business are getting the message because I am seeing more American teenagers working in some of these places.

I bought a new bicycle with money I earned cutting grass. My parents didn't have the money to buy it for me.

Not only do I "cut my own grass", I fix my own mower too.
    Gimme a break.

If that person were truly physically unable to do 'the task', then hire a teenage neighbor kid, or a relative, etc - if you have the will, you can find the way.

I did my own lawn for years but since I rent a home here I just haven't bought the equipment. Also being a midwestern native I know nil about taking care of California plants so I have a lawn service. It's an old guy in his 70s and his son in his 30s; they work as a team. He just likes working outside and it supplements his income. The old guy rides the lawn tractor and his son does the trimming and blowing. And they are caucasian Americans ! Amazing the jobs Americans will do, even in their 70s huh? I'm happy to give them my business!

Weve always dont our own yard/garden work and will continue to do so.
    I have a question. Where are the benevolent churches in these communities
    that elderly home owners have to pay to get their grass cut? Im of the
    mindset that neighbors should be helping neighbors just because its the
    right thing to do.

But if this is passe at least ........ never hire a Mexican!!!!
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

My gardener is Mexican-American. He is the nicest guy and does a great job. If I found out he was illegal he would never step foot on my property again. Since the marches last year he said, we're the only ones who talk to him any more. They didn't and don't speak for him yet he is getting backlash because of it. I don't think the OBL's understand they aren't necessarily making friends of everyone who is Hispanic. In fact, he could be worried that he would be undercut out of job himself. Now you know that is what's going to happen to illegals who are already here. New illegals will come in and replace them for less money.

I use to have a Japanese gardener and you can't beat them. They are the BEST, bar none.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast