Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide
    I hire a kid on my street and his Dad makes sure to ask if I'm happy with the job.I see this family as a throw-back to the way I was raised and the kids I grew up with.The other kids on this street are too concerned with their electronic toys or just aren't motivated. hanging out.I hire only family and friends to do stuff I can't myself,many have fallen on hard times-can you guess why?Yep-lost jobs to illegals and can't get hired because their field is now dominated by them.

Most couples I see today don't want their precious darlings breaking a sweat or doing-shudder-manual labor.se
    I don't like to say it but many-not all- are creating materialistic snobs who think certain jobs are beneath them,sorry to sound harsh but its what I'm seeing.Many adults em to think they are above certain jobs,mostly 35 and younger.
    It is prevalent where I live.

Since when did honest work become something to be embarassed about?
    Its good to want your children to be successful and have a good life/job but never teach them that people who do certain jobs-trashman,window washer, etc-are to be looked down upon.

Rawhide!
    Don't feel bad about telling the truth. That's exactly the way I saw it when I lived in California. People are afraid to get their hands dirty.
    I've been in Oklahoma 3 months,seen most of the lawn services (about 12 businesses altogether) and not one of them are run by Illegals or even Mexicans. One of them is Japanese.
    I guess, with no graffiti, no Illegals to be seen and very few mexican stores you could call this a unique part or the country.
    ------------------------

Wow mk if OK wasn't so flat I'd move there. I love mountains. LOL
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I cut my own grass yesterday and really enjoyed it. It was nice to be outdoors in the good weather. Today, I have to do the weed eating which I do not enjoy, but it will be some much needed exercise.

Isn't it amazing how Americans have always cut their grass before now without 12 million illegal aliens in the country?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by jjmm
    This is endemic in our area, of Arlington, VA. It's an aging population that works, and they hire truck after truck of illegal yardies to do their dirty work. Trucks are parked all along the residential areas everyday.

I just think back to a time when you hired a teenager to do your yard. .and that was it. You didn't hire "crews" to do it. People are just thoughtless as to what this is doing to our country.

Thats because they know they won't live long enough to have to live with their choice's . I am old too, but I care about what I leave behind for future generaions . I will not die happy in this strange new country .

Our gardener is very good. Our neighbors gardeners are not gardeners at all. We call them "mowers and blowers" They don't trim anything, don't fertilize, don't know soil and how to plant. Our other neighbor timed them one day. They were there a total of 10 minutes. That's not a gardener. Our guy is here a minimum of 30 minutes. He checks the drip system, trims, blows and rakes leaves. Spread out the bark if the quail have moved it around. He's worth the money. Before our arthritis and back problems we did it all ourselves and were healthier for it.

My son is mowing the lawn right now. As he has since he was 11 (1.

My father grows a garden each season. Which he freezes everything out of, for yr round use. Except tomatoes, greenbeans in which he quarts.

We all pitch in on house work. With my wife/daughters taking the main lead.

Would I hire a "ILLEGAL" to do these job, hell no.. I beleive it creates some of the best bonding times with your family. As well as teaches them values that you cant really put a price on.
    "We are not for any type or form of "AMNESTY"..We are a equal oppurtunity deporter. We will not discriminate against you due to your race/age/religion .. "

If this keeps up and we don't stop it real soon, WE WILL BE CUTTING THEIR GRASS !

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Wow mk if OK wasn't so flat I'd move there. I love mountains. LOL
    Not to get off of the topic,
    Yes, I miss the mountains too. Here it's eveything you would want in Ca, and all of the invadeded states. Let me get this striaght, this is not "flat land", it`s plush green "rolling hills" with woodland, streams, rivers and lakes(not mention fresh air and a much lower cost of living). I live on the old "Chisholm Trail" so there are cattle farms and horse ranches.
    I could write a book on the "possitive" differences"
    ------------------------

By the way, I'm a Small Engine Repair Technician so that's how I can keep track of who's running the lawn services.
    ------------------------

I cut my own grass and trim hedges, by the way it looks great. Plus, I get a good workout doing it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast