Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Martin - Welcome to Alipac!

Great post too.

Welcome to ALIPAC, Martin !!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Martin, i have no problem with Mexicans who want to immigrate to this country. i honestly believe we should increase the number of legal immigrants from Mexico to as many as our economy can healthily sustain. if you want to be an American, i welcome you. it is not a matter of Mexicans or Latin people being bad people, quite the opposite. for me, the issue is all about illegal immigrants taking advantage of us.

you have learned English, and you have followed our laws. you want to be an American, instead of just using us for a paycheck. in my opinion, our government should put people like you to the front of the line. what is keeping that from happening is our dysfunctional government. a huge part of that dysfunction is that illegals are overwhelming our ability and/or resolve to enforce law.

i salute your resolve to do what is right. you are an example of what made our country great, and will continue to make it great. we just need to get more people like you into this country, and stop the flood of people who would only abuse our system. why dont our leaders see this?

hopefully, that time is coming soon, Martin. it wouldnt matter to me if you had a totally different set of opinions on this issue, as you are doing things the way they should be done and are soon to be an American citizen. Americans disagree from time to time, and you have certainly earned the right to be an American. good luck!

Martin, Welcome to Alipac.

There is one comment you made that caught my attention;

“1) If I must leave this forum, there will be no hard feelings,
    I think you already know that I don't barge in where I am not invited.”

As a Hispanic myself, I know that the race card is being used big time on this issue of
    illegal immigration; this is very far from the truth. Here at Alipac, I have found, we don’t care what your race or national origin is, as long as you follow the laws of this country.
    The problem is not us, the problem is the Hispanic activists who have turned this fight into a race fight; “the racist white against the Mexicans”; nothing is further from the truth, we are against illegals from China,, England, Ireland, Canada, Cuba, Guatemala, in other words, we don’t care where you are from.
    So, once again, Welcome
    "We have room for but one flag, the American flag" - Theodore Roosevelt

THANKS!

Thank you all , I am really grateful for your thoughtful words of welcome. It really means A LOT to me.

I tried to post this yesterday, but as I was typing it, the doorbell rang (it was a friend), then the phone rang (it was my American sister calling from the U.S., whom by the way, has never sent a penny to Mexico), then the power went out (not unusual at all in Mexico). And everything I had typed already, just vanished; I had not saved it into the computer or a diskette. Oh well. But I just wanted to let you know how grateful I am for your kind words.
    Regards,

Martin

P.S. My sister Margo sent me this today:

Hola Martin, aqui te mando un articulo de Hal Lindsey. No se si te acuerdas de el. El escribe libros sobre el apocalipsis. Yo tengo algunos de sus libros. Su pagina siempre tiene comentarios interesantes. Margo

To view the entire article, visit:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=49635

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Martin I have always liked Hal Lindsey when he was on TBN, but he is not anymore. I like the way he presents the news in prophetical terms.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Martin I have always liked Hal Lindsey when he was on TBN, but he is not anymore. I like the way he presents the news in prophetical terms.

I have a couple of questions if you could? To your knowledge, do a lot of people in Mexico actually believe that they have a right to take the Southwestern U.S., and "reclaim" it, as supposed rightful owners of this land (but after having viewed their map of Aztlan, my state, Oregon was included in it)?

Another question, in your opinion, why are so many of the illegal aliens so hostile to Americans? Maybe you cannot answer that, but for those of us who who have grown up here, and maybe do not speak Spanish, we are "out in left field" when it comes to knowing where these hostilities come from.

Many of the people I live amongst have been extremely spiteful towards our kids and for a bit tried lying to the landlord about us. Our kids had simply wanted to make friends when we first moved here. So it has been hard to explain to our 12 year old son that even though we as white people are expected to never say anything deemed offensive to anyone (lest we be called racist's), yet the illegal aliens in our complex (from Mexico maybe from other countries) can say anything they want to us, and do what they want and our backwards officials always try to make it seem as if it is just "cultural" differences.

Yet in our son's young and inmature mind he could see through that and said "it's not their culture to be jerks, that's just being rude". He knows that there are many good people from Mexico, but, that it seems where we live, the people have been impossible to get along with.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

American Elizabeth,

Here's something from an article I just finished reading that might answer one of the questions you asked.
    ---------------------------------------
    Excerpt from http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/local/14298959.htm

A cultural war

Al Rios is a first-generation citizen who recently graduated from the University of North Texas.

He said he has a personal stake in the debate — some members of his family are illegal residents.

“I think it’s a silly idea that you have to prevent people from crossing this imaginary line,” said Rios, 22. “It has become some sort of cultural war.”

Foley said that despite the splintering of opinion among Hispanics, the recent demonstrations represent a growing movement.

“It’s more appropriate to think of it as the birth of Latino political power
    ,” Foley said. “They’re homegrown. These people will vote, and there will be consequences to be paid.”

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123