Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Oh well, what was done was done and there is no way to change it. They could have been from Mars but it didn't make them any less illegal immigrants. And it was like opening the floodgate. Reagan was born and raised in the USA and he should have known that all the promises in the world that it was going to be a "one time thing" weren't going to hold any water.

But we have got to stop it from happening again.

One victory today, defeat of the AGJobs bill, is a start. Let's keep writing, keep pushing, and make sure they all know where America stands this time so that the "mistake" isn't repeated again. Clinton gave a bunch amnesty as well, so I hear.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Rhetoric -vs- Action

I know some of the issues we're addressing here can get most of us riled up at times, and all of us riled up at others. We come here, post our thoughts and concerns, and complaints. All of that is fine, but what I haven't seen is much consideration as to what to do about solving this problem.

I'm going to attempt to address that small omission.

We here it said often enough on either side of the aisle that you only need 'follow the money' to find the source for any political action or inaction. This issue is no different. The difference is who is spending it, how how much it truly is that stands to be lost or restructured. To really get a handle on this problem, ultimately this is where the problem will need to be solved.

Unlike illegal drugs where someone's property can be confiscated if they are using it in the commission of crimes of that nature, it is unreasonable to assume that government at any level can or will seize the property of businesses who participate in the illegal immigration deluge by continuing to hire their workers, paying wages that few Americans are willing to work for and few still can survive on to the next paycheck.

Both ends of the issue must meet here and agree that this is where we must wage the war to combat this mostly peaceful invasion of our nation. I do not think, and resent anyone who implies, I am against further immigration for whatever reason (usually the 'racist' label finds its way out there from those who disagree with the stance we support here). As someone whose family arrived here just before World War One, and my own wife is an immigrant and now a naturalized citizen, I can say that I wholeheartedly support more immigrants. I know how hard it is, how time consuming it can be, how expensive it is, especially on the wages a lower enlisted soldier makes in our armed forces.

If business is the culprit, then we are all culpable and perhaps unwitting accomplices in our own invasion. It would be nearly impossible to determine which products any of us might use which may have been made less expensively because of an illegal immigrant work force. Knowing this, we must accept that our government is unlikely to 'gather up the scoundrels and ship 'em back where they came from." Indeed, that would be counter productive to our way of life. So, what is it we must do?

1) Close the border, until this happens, we are all just spitting in the wind.
    2) Amnesty for businesses employing illegal immigrants (you'll see why in a moment) up to the date we close our border to all and put a legal, managed immigration policy in place.
    3) Elevate the immigrant status to those here illegally but gainfully employed to that of 'immigrant, pending visa'. Set a deadline for these people to submit the necessary documentation to become resident aliens.
    4) Beyond the dates established above, those businesses continuing to employ illegal immigrants will absorb the burden of deporting those illegal immigrants, and be fined such amounts (a full years profit for that company comes to mind) that continuing the practice of hiring illegals is unacceptable.
    5) Fines and tariffs on those countries who aid and assist individuals to enter our country illegally.
    6) Mandatory prison sentences for a repeat offender, with the financial burden of their incarceration billed to their country of citizenship.

That is a pretty hefty price tag, America. Take a close look at those last two lines. This is more than just a close the USA's borders, it will affect a host of other nations and you can count on an international uproar if we were to actually implement these policies. But, we must do this.

Our courts have recently been fond of citing other international courts to back their rulings. This is one of only a very, very few times I would suggest they do so to benefit American citizens. We are a nation of people who cherish our liberty, but you can be assured that our liberty is of little concern to any other country if it does not in some way benefit them. This isn't a simple problem with simply resolutions, but it is not an impossible task. It just takes good ol' American resolve to do the right thing. The very culture that brings these immigrants to our shores...our culture of working hard, hoping for good things, and doing the right thing even when it hurts to do so.

I've got my fingers crossed, and more than a few letters already written.

Good luck to us all!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin

Rarius, it's true that people who are tired of our pockets being picked to support and encourage illegal immigrants need to find a common ground. I agree 100% that closing the borders is the first step.

but, beyond that, I have some different views.

I believe we need a wall that covers the entire border except legal entry points and that the people who wish to enter at those legal entry points need to be screened, not waved through the ay they are today.

You say:

Unlike illegal drugs where someone's property can be confiscated if they are using it in the commission of crimes of that nature, it is unreasonable to assume that government at any level can or will seize the property of businesses who participate in the illegal immigration
    But that isn't so. There is a little thing called the RICO Act whereby the people who bring in illegal immigrants CAN have their property confiscated and it wouldn't take many times for that law to be invoked before the job market for illegals would dry up.

I totally disagree that any illegal immigrant currently in this country should be rewarded in any way for breaking the law. The only perk I would give them is to get back across the border and wait in line with the rest who seek legal immigration. If they don't, and they are caught on this side of the border illegally, they should be forever prohibited from entering this country again for any reason. Harsh, but at least it wouldn't be rewarding people who break the law.

This week alone, 80 illegals have been found in my city and most were deported. The only ones held over are those who will be prosecuted as coyotes, human traffickers. I hope they rot in jail but I know they won't. In another year, they will fleece more ignorant people out of their life savings and bring them across the border. More illegals will die in the desert, left there by the more ruthless coyotes. Still, many will arrive undetected and infiltrate the system which will eventually run dry as more and more Americans lose their jobs so that the tax base dwindles.

We have to stop it all right. I don't consider it being racist for Americans to want to preserve our land for ourselves and people who come here legally. I don't consider it cruel to round up the illegals and send them back to wherever they came from and throw the jerks in jail who hire them. Better a little discomfort to our economy now than to have it disappear entirely.

I have lived in a couple of third world countries for long enough periods of time to know that I will fight with my last breath to keep The United States of America from becoming a third world nation, which is where it is headed if we don't close the borders to any immigrants until we can get the illegals out and enforce the laws in place to control how many come in. I'm not against immigration. I'm against ILLEGAL immigration but it is currently much too difficult to sort one from the other when one comes legally then duplicates his/her green card to pass out for money.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, well. Is that what you really think? Then how did you figure out that the lady 'that had it in for my family' was Puerto Rican, if you think Latino people all look alike? I'm just curious.
    My Costa Rican daughter-in-law (here legally) seems to go out of her way to make sure she is not considered Mexican. She gets embarrassed and defensive toward people who might perceive her as being an illegal Mexican alien. But she also understands America's illegal immigration problem
    I personally do not think all Latins look alike.The average American that doesn't live in a western or southwestern state would probably have more of a difficult time differentiating.I am always mistaken for Mexican. I know the woman is how I knew she's Puerto Rican.I've many relatives that are mixed with Mexican and I also have ran around with Latinos (Mexican,Puerto Rican,Cuban,Chilean,Nicaraguan,Guatemalen,Peruvian ,Colombian,Panamanian,Costa Rican,Salvadorian,and Chilean) all my life,can tell YOU who is from where by the way they speak Spanish,and distinguishing physical characteristics,and my in-laws are Mexican American-because my wife is Mexican American as well as my 4 kids.Does that answer your question?

Quote Originally Posted by rickesteves
    Well, well. Is that what you really think? Then how did you figure out that the lady 'that had it in for my family' was Puerto Rican, if you think Latino people all look alike? I'm just curious.
    My Costa Rican daughter-in-law (here legally) seems to go out of her way to make sure she is not considered Mexican. She gets embarrassed and defensive toward people who might perceive her as being an illegal Mexican alien. But she also understands America's illegal immigration problem
    I personally do not think all Latins look alike.The average American that doesn't live in a western or southwestern state would probably have more of a difficult time differentiating.I am always mistaken for Mexican. I know the woman is how I knew she's Puerto Rican.I've many relatives that are mixed with Mexican and I also have ran around with Latinos (Mexican,Puerto Rican,Cuban,Chilean,Nicaraguan,Guatemalen,Peruvian ,Colombian,Panamanian,Costa Rican,Salvadorian,and Chilean) all my life,can tell YOU who is from where by the way they speak Spanish,and distinguishing physical characteristics,and my in-laws are Mexican American-because my wife is Mexican American as well as my 4 kids.Does that answer your question?
    I was only rresponding to a statement that you made. I guess you sorta answered.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I never said I couldn't tell the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by rickesteves
    Let's face it:unless you know or are Latino most people can't tell the difference between a Mexican on any other non-Black Latino.
    Well you said most people cant tell the difference. So you are saying you can tell the difference. Right? then you answered my question.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I absolutely do NOT agree that those who are currently here illegally, holding a job illegally, should be rewarded with amnesty. NEVER.
    IF they are here illegally they should not EVER have the opportunity to become citizens. That would be forfeit because of the original law breaking. And, how many of those who are already here illegally also brought in a backpack of drugs?

I'm against ANY immigration at this point.

Our problem isn't immigrants. It's the way our legislators are NOT enforcing our laws. It's the way those who DO enforce our laws are treated as criminals. We have a great deal to sort out in this nation. MORE immigrants...not now, thank you.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

And, how many of those who are already here illegally also brought in a backpack of drugs?
    And, how many have given birth to mucho babies while here illegally? I see that as a major problem in the long run.

And, how many have given birth to mucho babies while here illegally? I see that as a major problem in the long run.
    You're quite right;I think using them as nannies is a bad move as well-the next generation will see it as wrong with keeping out illegals.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast