Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Add me to the liberal list.

Illegal immigration does not lift up poor or minorities. It drains dollars for citizen health care and creates two classes of citizen. One class not even human. It is called Inc.

If illegal immigration were gone tommorrow there would still be things that could be done to enrich the lives of American Citizens. And, the liberals might be able to have part of their day. Now its just money down a rat hole.
    AMERICAN WORKERS FIRST -- A RAID A DAY KEEPS THE ILLEGALS AWAY

Quote Originally Posted by neodyn55
    Anyway, does any one else (on the left) think how funny it is that where immigration is concerned, the right suddenly pops up with environmental concerns? These are the same people who deny global warming, want drilling in the ANWR, etc. Politics make strange bedfellows indeed
    Funny you seem to speak for conservatives (of which this site is not based).

We oppose Bush.

We oppose corporatism.

We oppose globalism.

We support animal rights, women's rights, workers rights, and environmental regulation.

The WEST always has. Always will.

Perhaps you are the one sleeping with the enemy
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

That being said I am surprised at my fellow liberals. Why do they support illegal immigration? It goes against what most liberals believe in. Here are some reasons I fight against it.
    I would add one more reason to your list:
    Inequity in enforcement of the law.

I cringe to think about the prosecutions every day of single mothers for fraudulently obtaining aid to dependent children, or a family for illegally receiving food stamps etc. etc. To be sure these infractions should be addressed, but how on earth can they be prosecuted in good faith while we have 12 million (at least) illegals who are committing continuous and multiple crimes, all with impunity? We know who they are and where they are, but we leave them in peace while we hold our own citizens to a higher standard. This certainly does not promote respect for the law.

Statistics show that the majority of bankruptcy cases are brought about by catastrophic medical bills. That means an American family can lose everything if a member suffers a devastating medical event. Yet, if you are an illegal immigrant you just show up at the emergency room and receive treatment that can cost American taxpayers thousand of dollars.

This insanity must stop.

BearFlagRepublic Wrote:

"Funny you seem to speak for conservatives (of which this site is not based).

We oppose Bush.

We oppose corporatism.

We oppose globalism.

We support animal rights, women's rights, workers rights, and environmental regulation.

The WEST always has. Always will.

Perhaps you are the one sleeping with the enemy Question"

Arrgh.. how do i Quote??

I didn't say this site is composed of conservatives. Its just funny to see some conservatives using "destruction of environment" as one of the reasons to oppose immigration, when these very same conservatives don't care otherwise.

"Statistics show that the majority of bankruptcy cases are brought about by catastrophic medical bills. That means an American family can lose everything if a member suffers a devastating medical event. Yet, if you are an illegal immigrant you just show up at the emergency room and receive treatment that can cost American taxpayers thousand of dollars"

Thats just... unfair. My student visa rules - and my university rules - specifically prohibited this sort of thing. I actually got into debt - even though I had insurance. I managed to get a scholarship later, but it was pretty hard for a while.

And now these people are getting legalized? There's no justice in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by neodyn55

Yes, 20 million more will come unless we say NO.

A recent poll suggested that 40% plus of the population of Mexico will move to the USA if given the chance?

Is that OK with you?

How about 100 million from Nigeria?

Think Lagos Nigeria has a clean environment?

Switzerland, Norway, Japan have clean environments. These countries control immigration.

America can control immigration. We can control car pollution, urban sprawl.

No, we don't give a *$#$&U#@ about "global warming", American pollution problems will be tied to massive population growth by Third World people who are not environmental idealists.

Do you think the M13 Gangbangers in El Salvador and LA and now most American small towns, think these folks are environmentalist idealists?

Umm.. those 20 million are already here. are you referring to an extra 20 million over and beyond those here? I was under the assumption the new bill cuts immigration down to about 1/2 a million annually (While legalizing the 20 million here already)

Anyway, does any one else (on the left) think how funny it is that where immigration is concerned, the right suddenly pops up with environmental concerns? These are the same people who deny global warming, want drilling in the ANWR, etc. Politics make strange bedfellows indeed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123